City of Cove Conquered

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

City of Cove Conquered

Post by Ronk »

As some of you may or may not have noticed, the city of cove was conquered by the Bloodrock clan last night as part of a new seer event.

It has been renamed in our of our chieftain Krothu and is now called Krothuland (orcs are not very imaginative, sorry).

The event started with the gathering at our orc fort. Then K^A came and attacked. After fending them off for sometime, we got word from our orc spies that the cove city guards were dealt with. We quickly gated to the cove orc fort and charged the city leaving none standing. Once it was too late, humans began showing up to see for themselves and try to take the city back, but they failed.

Note: This event was not advertised heavily for two reasons. First, we wanted to see how quickly news travels without GM advertisements and such. Second, this was meant as a surprise/initial attack.

The orcs will continue to conquer cities and there are clues as to what the next target may be. Its likely the next target with be next week in the evening sometime.

--------

On the topic of looting I want to make one thing clear for those who were complaining:
If you bring it, expect to lose it. The orcs do not loot 95% of the time, and peons are not even allowed to (though are most likely to due to not knowing). We were claiming heads, not loot. Occasionally we'll take plaks (er, regs) and potions or bandages to replace consumables and keep us in the battle. Obviously we may also take shineez.

On this note, you should consider these four things:
1. Events bring a lot of people and outside of the orc clan, most have no problem looting you.
2. People bring stealthers to our events for the sole purpose of running around and looting bodies.
3. Spawns loot too. If a computer controlled creature crosses your body its going to help itself. One orc got dry looted as 20 different spawn ran across his body chasing someone.
4. Most orcs don't recall. Those that do are so hard core/experienced that you won't be looted by them unless you are on a dry loot list. Thus, where do you think orcs would put anything they take? We die a lot too.

I snooped most orc bags last night and there was no human loot except what was taken off of the NPC's. One peon had a dark colored exceptional tunic which I think he looted but it could have been off an NPC that looted it and its a shirt.

----------------------------

On the topic of events. Bearing in mind that this was meant to be more of a surprise attack and not a heavily advertised event. Does anyone have any constructive criticisms or comments? It is very very likely we will be conquering more cities before this story plays out and I would love to hear some feedback.

One rant the orc side had is that there was too much orc spawn in the orc fort. They tended to get in our way, res kill people trying to get their loot, and generally didn't help a ton (at least not when we had 22 orcs).

Thanks to all who participated! It was an awesome night.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: City of Cove Conquered

Post by Vilenarios »

My only criticism was that I was unable to make it :( Was looking forward to this for a while, as we in K^A have been doing some of our own RP (headed up by Kry) leading up to this event. Cant wait to see how it unfolds.

You orcs will surely be driven out of cove soon!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Loved it, looking forward to our next scrimmage.

EDIT: Also, the only loot I took was taking a couple of heads back. :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Understood, while several people lost a decent amount of stuff, most was easily replaced and honestly is the cost of war.
The literal SWARMS of NPC Orcs was outrageous and we'll need more than the ranks of K^A to handle a mob like that.
I know I died several times and only lost a potion bag and some bandages really.
Fighting the Urks was the most fun I've had in battle in quite some time, if only they'd learn to follow their own rules and cut back on the magic.
We came to the fight in form according to information given out before, with pure warriors and A-V on hand mostly for heals, until it got out of control wtih spawn.

This was a good time and I look forward to the plot thickening and unfolding as we go :)
Enough of this text, let's see what it LOOKED LIKE!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Well, this is by no means an offical rule but my personal opinion is that there should be 1 mojoka per 4 warrior orcs...roughly. In the case of Ne'rull, he don't count because he's a shaman (so you may get nerull, a mojoka, and a handful of warriors).

In the case of tonight...we had 4 mojokas...we had 21-22 orcs total. 22-4 = 18/4 is 4.x....thus that applied nicely. But again, this is just my opinion. I don't wanna see the bloodrock devolve like it did on AI where it was just 4 mojokas runnin around.

Also, as for the spawn, I agree. Ive talked with derrick some though nothing is set in stone. For the final arc of this seer quest, when it comes, I am shooting for little to no spawn and all orcs. To keep it 'fun', we may be buffed in some way. I personally think having people fight buffed bloodrock orcs would be more fun for everyone than fighting bloodrock orcs and a slew of spawn. Of course...if we keep getting numbers lik ethis we won't need buffs to keep from getting rolled ;-)
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

You may be buffed? You realize we gathered in Ascalon and agreed on little to no magic use, aside from cure/heal before we even raided your fort?
Much to our chagrin, we were hit by para fields and para spam all over the place.

Not to be too much of an ass about it, but I thought the Urks fought like fighters, not like a bunch of robe wearing 'mojokas'.
If you only had four mages, they must have been spooling up a great many paralize spells because I got hit with about 10 right at the gate to Cove.
Step up the game and fight us direct, not with this silly magic.
With your numbers, you don't even need the buffs. We had MAYBE half the party size you had (roughly 10 of us or so).

Anyway, I still had a great time, even though you guys basically hid inside until the party outside broke down, then swarmed out in force, only to run back in and hide by your spawns.
Come fight us like men next time!

/rp off
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

BlaiseDad wrote:You may be buffed? You realize we gathered in Ascalon and agreed on little to no magic use, aside from cure/heal before we even raided your fort?
Much to our chagrin, we were hit by para fields and para spam all over the place.

Not to be too much of an ass about it, but I thought the Urks fought like fighters, not like a bunch of robe wearing 'mojokas'.
If you only had four mages, they must have been spooling up a great many paralize spells because I got hit with about 10 right at the gate to Cove.
With your numbers, you don't even need the buffs. We had MAYBE half the party size you had (roughly 10 of us or so).

Anyway, I still had a great time, even though you guys basically hid inside until the party outside broke down, then swarmed out in force, only to run back in and hide by your spawns.

/rp off
Sorry, we are talking about two different things here I think. Im not suggesting we needed buffs last night or need buffs for the event/battles with you. Im talking about a 'in the future' all of the server vs us fight. And the goal in any buffs is merely to keep it a balanced fight. If either side slaughters/sweeps, theres no fun for anyone (except maybe fede).

I think the spawn was part of the plot to signifying a gathering of orc clans, but I could be wrong. But regardless, I think in the future the spawn should be significantly less and we can def agree there. As for orc mages...orcs have always had mojokas. 95% of the time their sole job is to dispel EV's and deamons.

Also, there are actually two overlaping seer events going on here. One resulted in the kidnapping/holding hostage of Kry. The other seperate one involved us giving Cove the smack down and gathering heads for Krenbluk.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Greenmoon

Post by Greenmoon »

Just love it! Carnage like this adds some flavor to the shard! I enjoy these larger battles, so much shit flying around hohoho!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Ronk wrote:
BlaiseDad wrote:You may be buffed? You realize we gathered in Ascalon and agreed on little to no magic use, aside from cure/heal before we even raided your fort?

/rp off
Sorry, we are talking about two different things here I think. Im not suggesting we needed buffs last night or need buffs for the event/battles with you. Im talking about a 'in the future' all of the server vs us fight. And the goal in any buffs is merely to keep it a balanced fight. If either side slaughters/sweeps, theres no fun for anyone (except maybe fede).

I think the spawn was part of the plot to signifying a gathering of orc clans, but I could be wrong. But regardless, I think in the future the spawn should be significantly less and we can def agree there. As for orc mages...orcs have always had mojokas. 95% of the time their sole job is to dispel EV's and deamons.

Also, there are actually two overlaping seer events going on here. One resulted in the kidnapping/holding hostage of Kry. The other seperate one involved us giving Cove the smack down and gathering heads for Krenbluk.

Yeah, no worries, I get it. But if you were there last night, you know that %95 of what the mojokas were doing was para-spam.

Sad really, I wanted a good fight with some Urks, not more mages.....

We'll see how it pans out, as this war is clearly just begun.

Cheers to that!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

random guy

Post by random guy »

I personally took a series of ebolts in the opening minutes of the fighting. One thing you need to remember is Just about everyone we fight is mounted mages with head to toe magic plate while us urks are mostly on foot and only wear ringmail and leather. Its like trying to compare a rock to an egg to see which one gets smashed first.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Totally understood.
Just for the record, I think I was the only one crazy enough to rock the full invlun plate suit. :)
The rest were primarily GM everything which would have been a decent fight with 2:1 odds in your favor.

I can't wait until next time!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Wow those Bloodrock orc Lords pack a punch and a half. Went there to check it out and recalled with 1 hit point left (got cornered couldn't escape due to stamina drain). I was on a GM PvM character which includes parrying in her skill set but with shitty equipment only had 25AR. Still, almost got owned. Why was it deserted I was expecting to see some real URKs not just NPCs.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

random guy

Post by random guy »

WiseOne wrote:Wow those Bloodrock orc Lords pack a punch and a half. Went there to check it out and recalled with 1 hit point left (got cornered couldn't escape due to stamina drain). I was on a GM PvM character which includes parrying in her skill set but with shitty equipment only had 25AR. Still, almost got owned. Why was it deserted I was expecting to see some real URKs not just NPCs.
Those Lords do hit hard and with 25AR welcome to our world. We fight like that all the time. As for the Bloodrock urks hanging out there we took a ton of counts last night so were just trying to get rid of a few for the next urk outing. Its just crazy that when players know they can die in an event that is set up on their behalf to make things fun, they still give counts. OH WELL :mrgreen:

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

People gave counts!?!?!?!
WTFZORSAUCE!!!!!!
That is not right at all. This is war, not a crime scene!!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Can someone PM me if anything secret is going to happen near to or after 10pm EST. I promise not to tell any griefers and only 'spread news' of this event in-game. I just want to bring my fighter and do melee combat without getting paralyze spammed up the wazoo. I am not into power gaming, I enjoy the game much more from an RPG perspective and this type of event is exactly what I enjoy doing most. I just always seem to miss these :(
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠