A Notice to all citizens and criminals

Share stories and special moments with the community.
cmax333

Re: A Notice to all citizens and criminals

Post by cmax333 »

You will never take me alive cops!!

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

cmax333 wrote:You will never take me alive cops!!
That's kinda the idea
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Supply Captain

Post by Supply Captain »

I got guard whacked earlier and it was a very funny moment indeed.

I saw a player that had a negative karma title and thought they were a thief. When I snooped their pack and it said I could not steal that item I attacked them with my Hally Mage. I guess a NPC saw it because I was insta guard whacked to death. Later on when I had time I came back to read this thread again knowing that I had seen it posted some where that when it says that message, they are attackable.

What did I do wrong?

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Supply Captain wrote:I got guard whacked earlier and it was a very funny moment indeed.

I saw a player that had a negative karma title and thought they were a thief. When I snooped their pack and it said I could not steal that item I attacked them with my Hally Mage. I guess a NPC saw it because I was insta guard whacked to death. Later on when I had time I came back to read this thread again knowing that I had seen it posted some where that when it says that message, they are attackable.

What did I do wrong?

Citizen! Did you not see my post? The below quote explains the proper system messages for detecting thieves.

Border Patrol wrote:

Hail citizens!,

I must clear up some misinformation that has been put out in this thread before anyone tries to attempt any vigilante Justice!

Matron was wrong one one of the perma grey messages.

If a hoodlum IS perma grey you will get these two messages, "You fail to steal the item"/"You successfully steal the item"

When you get the message "You cannot steal this item" it means it is blessed or a noob item.

The system message saying "you must be in the thieves guild to steal that item" means they are not perma grey.

I felt the need to clear up any falsified information because we do not need any good citizens being guard whacked because of the wrong information.

Good day citizens.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Glad to see the BPD back in action, I may have to come out of retirement to assist on some of the more difficult cases!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I am intrigued...
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Hail Citizens!

I would like to start out by thanking the mods for cleaning out this thread. I thank you very much for that.

Tonight I found out that we have a new Cadet. His name is Wild Bill and he does not take too kindly to thieves and other various criminals.

The night started out when me and Bill meet up at the East side of Britain to get to know one another a little better and to go over some various things. Mainly to make sure he understands the basics of dealing out Justice to the various hoodlums in the area.
MeetingNewCadetWildBill.jpg
MeetingNewCadetWildBill.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
Then we proceeded over to the Police Station to check in for our shift.
MeAndWildBillCheckingInForOurShift.jpg
MeAndWildBillCheckingInForOurShift.jpg (123.06 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
It was not long before we found out that a shady sounding character had followed us to the station. His name was Jack of Shadows. Once we determined he was indeed a thief and perma grey the chase was on. Bill and me chased him all the way from our station in East Brit all the way to West Britain bank.
JackofShadowsCannotTeleportFastEnough.jpg
JackofShadowsCannotTeleportFastEnough.jpg (73.11 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
As you can see, he could not cast teleport fast enough to get on the bank and once he was properly cornered as in standard police procedure he met his untimely demise.
FirstSuspectDownAfterFailedTeleportation.jpg
FirstSuspectDownAfterFailedTeleportation.jpg (84.02 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
All was quiet for a while allowing the good citizens of Britannia to bank in piece. We avoided excessive revealing and used our tracking skills to make sure there was not any funny business going on.

Hell soon broke loose at the bank and various thieves were spotted and dealt with. Bill and me decided the best tactic would be to double team and box them in. Standard police procedure.
DoubleTeamBeforeSmackTalking.jpg
DoubleTeamBeforeSmackTalking.jpg (109.03 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
Some citizens started to gather to see what all the commotion was about.
ThiefFixingToTalkSmack.jpg
ThiefFixingToTalkSmack.jpg (81.45 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
A shady citizen even started to try to explain to us how they were a cop also. We knew better though.
ThiefClaimingToBeCopbeforeSmackTalking.jpg
ThiefClaimingToBeCopbeforeSmackTalking.jpg (69.97 KiB) Viewed 3359 times

One of the citizens informed me of various illegal Mexicans crossing our borders into our great lands of Sosaria. Only problem was, there was so much crime running rampant inside our fair cities that there was nothing me and Bill could do about it.

Also, I was not aware that Mexico even existed in these realms.
WarningAboutBorderJumping.jpg
WarningAboutBorderJumping.jpg (108.76 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
Other hoodlums were very upset about the arrests of their counterparts and they started to express their 1st Ammendmant rights bestowed upon them by Lord British. Most of the talk was unsavory and Department regulations do not allow me to show the extremely vile and vulgar evidence. I am however, allowed to share some of the not as vulgar evidence.
ThiefIsVeryMad.jpg
ThiefIsVeryMad.jpg (136.61 KiB) Viewed 3359 times

After hearing the criticisms and outcries of the various hoodlums, Bill and I continued our patrol to keep bank patrons safe. a couple times the town guards would step in as needed but where overwhelmed and outsmarted. Except for times like this.
GuardBeatingUsToThePunch.jpg
The second part of our patrol is Next.....to be continued.
Last edited by Border Patrol on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Hail Citizens!

This is the second part of our patrol tonight and I hope you enjoyed the 1st part.

Wild Bill proved to be a natural at snuffing out criminals on his own and made various arrests solo.
WildBillFinishTouch.jpg
WildBillFinishTouch.jpg (104.73 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

Then a thief was foolhardy enough to snoop me. He found out the hard way that you do not snoop this cop and was deadly poisoned and soon met his demise at the hands of his own curiosity and foolishness.

Seriously who snoops a cop!?
ThiefJustDiesFromPoison.jpg
ThiefJustDiesFromPoison.jpg (151.82 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
Almost as soon as the thief dies, another one of the thiefs runs over to loot the blue corpse and is instantly killed by one of the kind hearted guards of Britainnia.
ThiefDiesFromPoisonAliceGuardWhacked.jpg
ThiefDiesFromPoisonAliceGuardWhacked.jpg (147.62 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
A good citizen asks for some mandrake root and I help out by giving them some mandrake I had in the bank.
RandomAskingForMandrake.jpg
RandomAskingForMandrake.jpg (120.88 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

One of the nonthief ctizens goes grey and runs right past me. I had no choice but to follow standard Police procedure and promptly dispatch the criminal since they will not heed my demands for arrest.
GrayGettingServedAtTheJewelers.jpg
GrayGettingServedAtTheJewelers.jpg (138.69 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

Afterwards, all is quiet again until Alice decides to steal from some new citizen of Sosaria. A chase starts and she tries tediously to hide from Bill and me.

Bill loses track of her but she learns the hard way that you cannot out run or hide from Border Patrol.
AliceLearnsHardWayYouCan'tRun.jpg
AliceLearnsHardWayYouCan'tRun.jpg (122.44 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
It appears that she had hoped her "fast getaway car" would be her ace up her sleeve. Sadly for this hoodlum it was not fast enough.
GetawayCarNotFastEnough.jpg
GetawayCarNotFastEnough.jpg (114.35 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

later on, Bill started having bad connection problems and he had to call it a night. Before we departed our ways we had to take the evidence of the criminals back to the Police Station before ending our shift.

All in a hard nights work.
AllInaHardNightsWork.jpg
AllInaHardNightsWork.jpg (130.15 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
Last edited by Border Patrol on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack of Shadows

Post by Jack of Shadows »

POLICE BRUTALITY!!!
<@Populus> You're an associate, associates don't feel bad.
<@Populus> What you are feeling is the butthurt of your victim flowing through your body.
<@Populus> Increasing your strength, much like Highlander.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

I'm glad that I commit all of my crimes outside the reach of the guard zones, in places where the BPD will never lay their filthy hands on me.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

It'll be interesting to see how the police fare if the orcs decide to rampage through britain one day ;-)
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

A heinous crime was committed on your door step. Officers of the BPD, I implore you to be more vigilant in your duties.

I assure you this won't be the last victim that falls while you charlatans are napping.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Citizen,

He was there when I checked out for my shift and was an AFK stealth macroer with an offensive guild title. I have no idea what happened but he deserved it for putting offensive things in his guild title.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

So you show your true colors then.

Any reasonable officer would offer equal protection to all, until their actions proved otherwise. You sir, profiled that victim in an unjust manner.

He was judged, and executed, as a result of his guild title. However, I am not a law abiding citizen. I am a miscreant and a ruffian, and as such your laws have no sway over me. Killing that individual was within my completely non existent moral code.

If the BPD is going to claim to protect the innocent, then it should be done with an equal hand. My assumption that you are just a brute squad has been confirmed. You don't want to protect anyone. You just want to kill. "Fighting crime" is just an excuse for unwarranted brutality.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

I nor any BPD officer killed him. He was afk macroing when I left him be. Whatever happened after that is beyond me. I nor any officer will not camp out some who is afk all night. Presuming that is ludicrous.

Also seeing as how your guy is in war mode in your evidence...I believe you are the perp that did it and you forgot to go out of war mode before you took that screenshot.