War Thief

Moderator: Support Moderators

Pulk

War Thief

Post by Pulk »

Hi everyone.. I'm new here, and also.. I'm new using warriors.
So.. I need a bit of help.

I'm currently working on my war and I really need to know if what I've planned will work, I have in mind something like this:

GM Fence
GM Tact
GM Anat
GM Heal
GM Resist
GM Steal
A combination between Snoop and Magery.

Will this actually work? the idea is to be like a common war but also steal things in the middle.. is snooping actually needed, or the random steal is a bad idea?
I read that some people prefer mace over fence, but I plan on poisoning the weapon also.. is that bad?

Well.. thats all, thx for the help because I always played in totally different shards, so I have no idea about how some things works here :)

Saludos!

WiseOne

Re: War Thief

Post by WiseOne »

Stealing is probably pointless on a warrior unless you really want to play a specialized role play character just for fun, then go for it.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Templates
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This link above has pretty much all of the common templates but don't feel obligated to use them. If you have a preferred style of play don't let someone else stop you from enjoying the game the way you want to enjoy it.
You will find a TON of useful information HERE -> http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Main_Page
and HERE -> viewforum.php?f=9

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It's mostly about playstyle, I guess. My guess is you'd be staying mostly in town and want to defend yourself, in which case I'd recomend macing so they run out of stam faster.

If you intend to go out in the field, keep in mind you'll be either PK'ing dexxers in a lich spawn, or trying to kill hally mages. When dealing vs. dexxers, you might as well try to steal their bandages and cure pots, and unless they're really new, they'll notice you stealing them and run. In the case of hally mages you'd have to go after the mandrake or pearl since you can't steal their hally, and the ones I've killed normally carry tons, so you'll most likely be dead before you steal them all. Bards/tamers will have little to no problem recalling away at the mere sight of a pk...and it's easy enough to recall away, specially from a warrior.

However, that is a playstyle I have absolutely no experience in, and if you find a niche or good strategy to follow, you might be able to make it work.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Pulk wrote:Hi everyone.. I'm new here, and also.. I'm new using warriors.
So.. I need a bit of help.

I'm currently working on my war and I really need to know if what I've planned will work, I have in mind something like this:

GM Fence
GM Tact
GM Anat
GM Heal
GM Resist
GM Steal
A combination between Snoop and Magery.

Will this actually work? the idea is to be like a common war but also steal things in the middle.. is snooping actually needed, or the random steal is a bad idea?
I read that some people prefer mace over fence, but I plan on poisoning the weapon also.. is that bad?

Well.. thats all, thx for the help because I always played in totally different shards, so I have no idea about how some things works here :)

Saludos!
I have a fencing war thief and he is one of my favorite characters to play. Before I get started keep in mind murders get you suspended from the thieves guild until one weeks real time and all your murder counts are up (I killed 7 in one day a while back with mine and was suspended for like 3 weeks)

My guys skills are like this:
Anatomy GM
Fencing GM
Stealing GM
Snooping GM
Tactics GM
Healing 70.7 (gonna be GM eventually)
Resisting Spells 63.4 (gonna be 80 eventually)
Magery 20 (just enough to use recall scrolls for that quick getaway)
Parry 45.9 (training it down and will eventually just use 2 handers)

I used parry to fill up my max skills to 700 faster and it has proved useful until other skills were higher.

Also since you will be outside GZ alot of times carry at least 9 or 10 trapped pouches to counter paralyze spell and make a macro that uses a recall scroll on a rune for quick getaways.

Always use disguise kits (most town thiefs don't) so no one will NEVER know who your real thief is and dye your hair (white hair is dead give away) and keep using disguise kit til you guy has a name that is not so NPC sounding for the marks that are keen.

Set up various macros for stealing. If you get in a fight remeber to steal their bandages and regs as soon as possible if they try to go toe to toe. Then they are screwed. If they try to cast spells use trapped pouches for paralyze and if you done got something good from em just recall out (mission accomplished).

I have found out if you roleplay with your thief and gain their trust in the field it makes the marks EZer.
Alot of times they will just recall out though but you will be surprised how many gullible individuals you will come across. One of my favorite things to do is tell them I will help em by cross healing then while I heal them I steal all their stuff starting off with whatever magic items they have looted followed by their gold :lol: .

Bank sitting thieves are usually jokes. For me it is boring as hell being a bank thief. I only know a handful that are any good at being a bank thief anyhow. Also, you can easily do bank thief stealing with a war thief template if you ever wanted to. I have done it many times when banking. When you can recal away with scroll I see no point in all that magery in town plus since snooping reveals when steallthed; so I feel 200 points on hiding and stealth is a huge waste.

Making a War thief will make your thief more versatile and is alot more funner if you like action IMHO.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

eval , mage , med ,snoop , steal . wrestle , resist 100 25 100
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Pied Piper wrote:
Always use disguise kits (most town thiefs don't) so no one will NEVER know who your real thief is and dye your hair (white hair is dead give away) and keep using disguise kit til you guy has a name that is not so NPC sounding for the marks that are keen.
No one will never = everyone will always.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

iamreallysquall wrote:eval , mage , med ,snoop , steal . wrestle , resist 100 25 100
I agree with this one ^^
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

WiseOne wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
No one will never = everyone will always.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

iamreallysquall wrote:eval , mage , med ,snoop , steal . wrestle , resist 100 25 100
I agree with this one ^^
I don't speak Standard English. It is called "Redneck" and we ain't conformists neither.

Only problem with that template is it's a mage thief. OP was talkin bout War thiefs.

Just because you guys have millions for regs does not mean a new player does. If he is new to this shard it is gonna take a long time to GM magery and it will use all his gold and then some.

War thief is quicker/cheaper to make.

iamreallysquall

40-60k for gm med and magery and like 92 resist aint really that much gold my thief was second character i got magery on when i started here oh so long ago

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

iamreallysquall wrote:40-60k for gm med and magery and like 92 resist aint really that much gold my thief was second character i got magery on when i started here oh so long ago
It's more like 100k gold or more now. It was way easier to level up magery and resist back then.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10147

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1638

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2224

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22326

If you wanna do mage thief be prepared for it to cost your @#$
Last edited by Pied Piper on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamreallysquall

Pied Piper wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:40-60k for gm med and magery and like 92 resist aint really that much gold my thief was second character i got magery on when i started here oh so long ago
It's more like 100k gold or more now. It was way easier to level up magery and resist back then.
no its not lol i just did magery from 50 a few weeks ago you should Gm med first and magery second for about 40-60k and be left with about 92 resist if you dont fail at macroing maybe if you are lazy and buy regs in bulk which a NEW player should not be doing when its rather easy to buy up reg vendors every 30min in a town.
finishing resist is easy if you got a friend with a tamer which new players should make, or if you dont have access to that hired mages or even just flame striking your self can finish it off rather easy which i also just did on a character that had 90 some odd resist and it took like 2 days not even macroing 24/7

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
no its not lol i just did magery from 50 a few weeks ago you should Gm med first and magery second for about 40-60k and be left with about 92 resist if you dont fail at macroing maybe if you are lazy and buy regs in bulk which a NEW player should be doing when its rather easy to buy up reg vendors every 30min in a town
finishing resist is easy if you got a friend with a tamer which new players should make, or if you dont have access to that hired mages or even just flame striking your self can finish it off rather easy which i also just did on a chracter that had 90 some odd resist and it took like 2 days not even macroing 24/7
Sure you did. I also highly doubt a new player is going to be buying 50k-100k worth of regs within his 1st couple weeks on the shard unless he is playing 24/7 and constantly farming on a 2nd account and avoiding PKs (which I highly doubt)

iamreallysquall

Yes i did ... . yeah they will be i did its not hard to make a mage bard and make plenty of starting cash trust me the server had much larger amount of active pk's and players in general when i started with my Mage bard / thief / Dexer on 3 accounts. its not really hard to macro the thief's skills and bards while farming on dexer outdoor spawns for decent cash to get your bard high enough to have gm eval music provo wrestle and like 80's in mage / med/resist skills and your stats 100 str 100 int to provide you with cash for a new home / finishing the bard / the thief etc.
you can make a small house deed(43850 gold) in town with a 50 lumberjack 50 bowcraft noob selling bows to npcs in one day or slightly more if you take some time with out even leaving town watch out for those town pk's lol.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

iamreallysquall wrote:Yes i did ... . yeah they will be i did its not hard to make a mage bard and make plenty of starting cash trust me the server had much larger amount of active pk's and players in general when i started with my Mage bard / thief / Dexer on 3 accounts. its not really hard to macro the thief's skills and bards while farming on dexer outdoor spawns for decent cash to get your bard high enough to have gm eval music provo wrestle and like 80's in mage / med/resist skills and your stats 100 str 100 int to provide you with cash for a new home / finishing the bard / the thief etc.
you can make a small house deed(43850 gold) in town with a 50 lumberjack 50 bowcraft noob selling bows to npcs in one day or slightly more if you take some time with out even leaving town watch out for those town pk's lol.
The OP is talking about a War thief template not all that other BS you just typed. I suggest you read the OP before you have a stroke or something.

He wanted a War thief template not a low down on how he has to make 3-4 certain type of chars to make a mage thief in a couple weeks.

Sheeesh.

Return to “New Player Help”