A few patch notes...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A few patch notes...

Post by Robbbb »

http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

This does bring up a few points...

House Banning
The effect of being banned from a house will change slightly. When a player, monster, animal, or NPC is banned from a house and approach the door, they will be moved under the house sign (the eject location) rather than bouncing back a couple of spaces.

Looks like a ban should move you back, not under the sign...

Thievery Changes
Your cannot have any items (weapons, shields, spellbook, etc) in your hands when attempting to steal in combat.

looks like you could steal while holding a weapon...

Mind Blast
The mind blast spell will now deal damage based on the overall “balance” of the character targeted. Characters with more equally balanced statistics (Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence) will now take less damage from mind blast. Those with less balanced statistics, for instance 100/100/25, will take more damage from the spell. The amount of damage done by the spell will never exceed 60% of the max hit points of the target. Also, the spell will also not do more than 40 hit points of damage.

looks like MB had nothing to do with how 'balanced' your stats were prior to this patch...

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few patch notes...

Post by Ronk »

Robbbb wrote:http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

House Banning
The effect of being banned from a house will change slightly. When a player, monster, animal, or NPC is banned from a house and approach the door, they will be moved under the house sign (the eject location) rather than bouncing back a couple of spaces.

Thievery Changes
Your cannot have any items (weapons, shields, spellbook, etc) in your hands when attempting to steal in combat.

Mind Blast
The mind blast spell will now deal damage based on the overall “balance” of the character targeted. Characters with more equally balanced statistics (Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence) will now take less damage from mind blast. Those with less balanced statistics, for instance 100/100/25, will take more damage from the spell. The amount of damage done by the spell will never exceed 60% of the max hit points of the target. Also, the spell will also not do more than 40 hit points of damage.

looks like MB had nothing to do with how 'balanced' your stats were prior to this patch...
I have nothing to base this on but I figured id make some comments...

1. Regarding Stealing. Perhaps it use to be if you had a free hand you could steal? Similar to using a potion? I can't imagine you could steal with a two handed weapon.

2. Regarding Bannings. In addition, I seem to recall always having to clean my ban list up of monsters because they wouldn't auto clear. Here it seems like monsters don't stay on the ban list.

Also, id like to point out the dangers of assuming things like this from patch notes. Its like an archeologist finding a relic and immediately claiming he knows what it is and what it was used for ^_^
Last edited by Ronk on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

also it looks like a lesser heal potion would cure any poison?

Cure Potions
Cure potions will now cure poison based on the relative strength of the cure potion and the poison afflicting the character. A lesser cure will have virtually no chance of curing a deadly poisoned character, while a greater cure will cure greater poison much more often than not. All other cure and poison levels will scale accordingly.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Robbbb wrote:also it looks like a lesser heal potion would cure any poison?

Cure Potions
Cure potions will now cure poison based on the relative strength of the cure potion and the poison afflicting the character. A lesser cure will have virtually no chance of curing a deadly poisoned character, while a greater cure will cure greater poison much more often than not. All other cure and poison levels will scale accordingly.
This has already been implemented.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Wait... mindblast currently does damage based on stat differences?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Mindblast used to do damage based on who had the most intelligence.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

House Banning

Thievery Changes

Mind Blast

Just to help you out rob. The cutoff date for this shard is Nov of 1999 I believe when it comes to accuracy. Those patch notes are too old; therefore useless bro.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Hicha wrote:
Robbbb wrote:also it looks like a lesser heal potion would cure any poison?

Cure Potions
This has already been implemented.
I cure deadly poison from my own tinker traps just fine with poopy lesser cures.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Pied Piper wrote:

House Banning

Thievery Changes

Mind Blast

Just to help you out rob. The cutoff date for this shard is Nov of 1999 I believe when it comes to accuracy. Those patch notes are too old; therefore useless bro.
Yes that is the point...those patch notes came AFTER our cutoff date so if they changed something that means that what they changed was active during our era.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Robbbb wrote: Yes that is the point...those patch notes came AFTER our cutoff date so if they changed something that means that what they changed was active during our era.
Not necessarily. That is the dangerous assumption. As a software developer, I can tell you that patch notes are vague and not as clear cut as people seem to make them out to be.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Robbbb wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

House Banning

Thievery Changes

Mind Blast

Yes that is the point...those patch notes came AFTER our cutoff date so if they changed something that means that what they changed was active during our era.
Ok I see. Forgive me. You are attacking the era accuracy thing differently than most do. Nice way to avoid paradigm paralyisis.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Ronk wrote:
Robbbb wrote: Yes that is the point...those patch notes came AFTER our cutoff date so if they changed something that means that what they changed was active during our era.
Not necessarily. That is the dangerous assumption. As a software developer, I can tell you that patch notes are vague and not as clear cut as people seem to make them out to be.
So we should use only confirmation bias!?

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Ronk wrote:

Well this patch is so close to our cutoff date and there is no previous updates that have anything to do with the topic so you can assume that this is the way it was during our era.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Stealing: You can already steal with a weapon in your hand on here.

Mindblast: Mindblast works correctly here, in that the damage is dealt based on how much intelligence the caster and castee have. If the caster has more intelligence, the person being casted on will take damage (amount of dmg based on the difference). If the person being casted on has more intelligence, the caster will take the damage. It is not calculated by looking at the highest and lowest stat of the person being casted on.

Both UO:R changes. The mechanics on here are accurate already.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

marmalade wrote:Stealing: You can already steal with a weapon in your hand on here.

Mindblast: Mindblast works correctly here, in that the damage is dealt based on how much intelligence the caster and castee have. If the caster has more intelligence, the person being casted on will take damage (amount of dmg based on the difference). If the person being casted on has more intelligence, the caster will take the damage. It is not calculated by looking at the highest and lowest stat of the person being casted on.

Both UO:R changes. The mechanics on here are accurate already.

Well thank you sir, i did not know you could steal with a weapon in your hand! Thats awesome!