Client Crashing

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Dethix

Client Crashing

Post by Dethix »

Hi all,

I have been experiencing frequent crashes in-game. For instance when running across a city on horseback, or when multiple high graphic encounters are on the screen, like demons, dragons, drakes and such. Can anyone point me to a thread regarding such issues? I am running WinXP. TYVM.

Dethix

Re: Client Crashing

Post by Dethix »

Dethix wrote:Hi all,

I have been experiencing frequent crashes in-game. For instance when running across a city on horseback, or when multiple high graphic encounters are on the screen, like demons, dragons, drakes and such. Can anyone point me to a thread regarding such issues? I am running WinXP. TYVM.
I've found that running my emergency recall macro also causes a crash. Luckily I end up where I want to be, most of the time...

I realize, as a developer, these crashes can be hard to track down. But I am here for you people. I like the shard and will provide what help I can. :D

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

At this time, I do not believe there are many users reporting similar issues. When attempting to provide for support for such issues, it usually helps alot if you can provide any information about the environment in which you are running the game. It's most likely there is an issue with your game client or the environment that it's running in that may be causing the problems. Can you provide info for the following items?

Machine Info

CPU:
Ram:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver Version:
Current Screen Resolution Setting:
Operating System:
32bit or 64bit:

UO Client/Connection Info

UO Client Version:
Razor Version:
Any other 3rd Party UO Apps you may be using? UO Automap/Etc:

The macro you are using to perform the recall action:

We will try to help you.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Indeed, thanks Raw Toxix.
Also it may be worthwhile to scan the "Client and Server Support" forum. There can be a lot of different reasons for crashes and some of their mysteries are revealed in there.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."