in game music corruption

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
scourgez

in game music corruption

Post by scourgez »

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on this so if this is a duplicate post please let me know.

I'm running uo secondage on a winXP with soundblaster live 24bit audio card and whenever the in game music switches to a new track there is a horrible screeching audio glitch that plays at 2x the volume of the regular audio.

is there some sort of corruption that is happening when the game switches audio tracks?

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: in game music corruption

Post by RawToxic »

Some folks have issues with the in-game music and choose to turn it off. Keep in mind that sound cards were only 16-bit max when the music was created for UO. What client version are you running, what operating system do you use, and what is the current driver version you are using for your sb live card? Also, have you replaced your in-game music files for the original UO music files that came with T2a? If not, you may try downloading those and use those music files instead. I'll try to help ya if I can.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

scourgez

Post by scourgez »

i wasn't too worried about it. i just turned off the music. just wanted to bring it up in case no one knew about it.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

i forgot this game even had music

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

In the past users have had alot of issues with playing the UO game music on newer versions of windows while using the older UO client versions for T2a. UOSA made attempts to help with these issues and packaged a new UO client which is available on the website awhile back. Is this the UO client that you are playing with? If not, you may try using that.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

scourgez

Post by scourgez »

everything I'm using is from the UOSA website, whatever came in the package. I haven't changed out any files. I'm just gonna leave it off because I just don't wanna fiddle around with moving files and finding my old UO disc