All Stables full - at all times!

Topics related to Second Age
shidokan

All Stables full - at all times!

Post by shidokan »

Hi,

Since a couple of days, all the stables in Minoc, Britain, Trinsic and some others (probably all) are FULL and unable to store any pets.

This problem is because one of the players fills the stables with random pets (cows, sheeps, goats, dogs, cats etc) in VERY large quantities.

I believe blocking all stables is some kind of abuse?

Anyway, I think this might be easily fixed by increasing the limits of stables itself or setting a limit for maximum stored pets for each player/account.

Here's a photo of what the abuser left after he filled the stables with his crap..

McSchnurke

Re: All Stables full - at all times!

Post by McSchnurke »

Yeah, we tolerate this kind of "abuse." The random tames are a backlash from a tamer complaining about other tamers filling up the stables in multiple other threads. If we don't make a 5th, 6th or 7th thread about it in the next few weeks the problem with random tames will go away and we'll be left with just the same old tamers filling up the slots.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Oh, and I should point out that this really shouldn't be a problem for you unless you're a tamer. If you are, then just stick with it and pretty soon you'll be the one hogging all the spots with your dragon hoard. Good luck and happy stabling, either way.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

GK and Lord Beast have been filling up the Skara stables for the last few weeks. Its part 'grief the system' and part hoarding, but either way its a money sink on their part.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

KrytheRanger

Post by KrytheRanger »

ok guys this is getting to be too much... it has been about two weeks...i can honestly say, i have two mare, three ww, and i used to have about 15 greys. now i only have my mares and ww, oh and one frenzy.

so for two weeks i can not go out and hunt with my ww, for fear of coming back and all stables are full.

so to me this is greifing. a passive afressive grief.... it is no different than pking me each time i rez...it prohibits me from playing and enjoying the game.

though im not sure i believe in a set number thing....and i am no "era accurate" guru...

but this is getting ridiculous

some will say that i am whinning.... well if you haly mages were all of a sudden unable to equip your hally because there are "too many being used".... or the mages could cast spells... or you get pked by some reds standing over you....it is the exact same thing... a prevention of someone playing the game.

ok, so what is the fix? first and foremost, go into the code and see who has what in the stables... if player bob has 100 chickens... ban his character, take away the keys to his houses and clear the stable.... if player mary has 100 dragons... hmm im thinking same thing.

if player mike has a small mixed array leave him alone.

KrytheRanger

Post by KrytheRanger »

ok, we make posts of problems...but that generally doesnt lead to a solution...

heres an idea...

each of the major guilds out there have a stable on or very near by thier home base... make those stables only usable by guid members. This will take a huge strain off of the normal city ones.....

in the city ones, only a character is allowed to stable a small amount of creatures..4, 5, 10.

this does also has an added benifit... it draws more people to joining guilds... and second now regualting stable usage is a guild thing... so if player bob loads up his own guild's stable with chickens...then it becomes a guuild matter to resovle...and i am sure will be resolved quickly...

now comes another question..im not sure, but when they did say characters can only have "x" amount of pets...then the new system with res'ing pets, and such come into effect...and didnt dragons get a huge boost in power back to the way they used to be?

i remember back in Great lakes shard in original UO... a tamer would only need 1 red dragon... they kicked butt, even aginst two haly mages. the dragons then seemed smarter, quicker on re targeting, fast...alot faster... i remember only keep ing the same distance when running from othem on a horse... and thier damge output was awesome... a creature to truely fear.... oh and it took forever to kill one..and a lot of people..... not like today where one person can kill a ancint wrym solo....

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Buy a stable permit from one of your friendly cA associates.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

This has been discussed in other threads. The problem is multi-fold and not just because of 'stable griefers'.

Its not era accurate to have 50+ white wyrms and tons of mares. You never saw this in T2A. It is hypothesized that you see it here because taming is easier to get, because the population is lower providing more taming options, and because the spawns are out of wack and spawning way too fast/frequently for things like mares and WW's.

If you are afraid of losing your WW, then do like the griefers and stable a cow while your WW is out on patrol.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Wipe taming on all characters and make it take 5 months+ to GM. Problem solved.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Rhis wrote:Wipe taming on all characters and make it take 5 months+ to GM. Problem solved.
And fix the spawn rates by ensuring the single spawn creatures do not respawn until the creature is removed from the sub shard (would also require implementing a 'fake' version of subsharding).

I.E. if I tame a nightmare in T2A and stable him in T2A without ever leaving the T2A sub-server then a new nightmare never spawns (until server down/up I imagine).
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Ronk wrote:
Rhis wrote:Wipe taming on all characters and make it take 5 months+ to GM. Problem solved.
And fix the spawn rates by ensuring the single spawn creatures do not respawn until the creature is removed from the sub shard (would also require implementing a 'fake' version of subsharding).

I.E. if I tame a nightmare in T2A and stable him in T2A without ever leaving the T2A sub-server then a new nightmare never spawns (until server down/up I imagine).
Do you really want to read the complaints thread about that?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

McSchnurke wrote:
Ronk wrote:

Do you really want to read the complaints thread about that?
Why would I read them? And it would be era accurate...which is what we are going for. Right now the entire shard is flooded with tons of pets that shouldn't be here. Everyone and their mule should not be riding around a nightmare.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I for one am happy about this. It'll teach some tamers a lesson about hogging the stable spots. I can't tell you how much I hate going mining only to come back and see that the stable is full since a bunch of people just stabled their army of WWs.

Keep up the good work, angry tamer person.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

I have have yet to be able to stable anything in almost a month.

If the stable master would stop charging the flat fee of 30gp per tame and did it based upon Str of the animal it would be an even better gold sink and perhaps help prevent keep the stable population down some.

"The stablemaster will take 30 gold from you.
Depending on the strength of your animal this can be more.
He will stable your animal."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8712&start=30

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Pied Piper wrote:"The stablemaster will take 30 gold from you.
Depending on the strength of your animal this can be more.
He will stable your animal."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8712&start=30
I can't see that text anywhere on the linked thread? CTRL+F can't find it either. Where are we looking? :?