All Stables full - at all times!

Topics related to Second Age
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: All Stables full - at all times!

Post by Hemperor »

Batlin wrote:
...hen hope an AFK bot doesn't steal your spots...
Isn't this in a way resource gathering? Thus should be punishable doing AFK?
It previously wasn't, since AFK gathering was deemed something for nothing, and stabling requires gold...However, with last week's rules changes it very well may be.

Thing is, it's nearly impossible to monitor and punish.

"He was afk"

"No I wasn't"

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I think there should be a price increase the more pets you have stabled.
Hehe, I like this idea a lot; an exponential increase, in fact :D. Of course, it's NEA :(
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

Hemperor wrote:
LudKrud wrote:At least 30 spots were open this morning,I really dont know why all the crying is going on.Spots arent that hard to get if you really want them....
This is false, or you have been lucky. I have checked all of them, many times, and at different times... In my experience (and, clearly, others) you have to spend hours (or thousands) to get a few spots and then hope an AFK bot doesn't steal your spots as soon as you go to use them.
Cast reveal. If you think anyone around could be an AFK stable bot then get your noto pk on. Let em drink your poison spells for about 15min then it is mission accomplished.
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Shane Dog wrote:
Hemperor wrote:
LudKrud wrote:At least 30 spots were open this morning,I really dont know why all the crying is going on.Spots arent that hard to get if you really want them....
This is false, or you have been lucky. I have checked all of them, many times, and at different times... In my experience (and, clearly, others) you have to spend hours (or thousands) to get a few spots and then hope an AFK bot doesn't steal your spots as soon as you go to use them.
Cast reveal. If you think anyone around could be an AFK stable bot then get your noto pk on. Let em drink your poison spells for about 15min then it is mission accomplished.
Yawn.

Cast reveal, and oh wait he's there...Okay next stable (it's full).

OR, cast reveal, see he's there. Spend 15 minutes to MAYBE kill him, lose an alt in the process, someone probably gated your pets away by now...and oh shit he just ressed or brought in his alt within 5 seconds and you're back to square one.

Sorry, these silly solutions are so shortsighted and are really getting old, seeing them everywhere.

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

Hemperor wrote:
Shane Dog wrote:
Hemperor wrote:
Yawn.

Cast reveal, and oh wait he's there...Okay next stable (it's full).

OR, cast reveal, see he's there. Spend 15 minutes to MAYBE kill him, lose an alt in the process, someone probably gated your pets away by now...and oh shit he just ressed or brought in his alt within 5 seconds and you're back to square one.

Sorry, these silly solutions are so shortsighted and are really getting old, seeing them everywhere.

If that is the case then the person is not AFK. If he is AFK then he won't be coming in on an alt. Killing AFK people is easy. I kill AFK reg buy/scroll makers/ scroll sellers, AFK miners, and AFK lumberjackers all the time.

Why do I do it?

Because not once when paging a GM has one EVER showed up to handle it. So I handle it myself.

On the other hand when I have been mining I have had a GM show up to make sure I was not AFK b4 for no reason at all. I do not even use razor to lumberjack or mine. I use the in game last object last target macro. I guess some one was suspicious of me and told on me because I was using 2 pack horses and getting all the ore they wanted to mine.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

If that is the case then the person is not AFK. If he is AFK then he won't be coming in on an alt. Killing AFK people is easy. I kill AFK reg buy/scroll makers/ scroll sellers, AFK miners, and AFK lumberjackers all the time.

Why do I do it?

Because not once when paging a GM has one EVER showed up to handle it. So I handle it myself.
It was one possible outcome. My point is it's not worth it AT ALL. When you kill those people you make a small dent if anything on their grand scheme of AFKness. It takes to many times the time and effort than it does for them to recover from your slight speed bump.

I'm not knocking your effort, but I think this should stop being listed as a rebuttal to these AFK issues, as it's clearly no sort of solution. Debate where it's within the rules of the era, if so, then let it go IMO.

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

Hemperor wrote:

Why do I do it?

It was one possible outcome. My point is it's not worth it AT ALL. When you kill those people you make a small dent if anything on their grand scheme of AFKness. It takes to many times the time and effort than it does for them to recover from your slight speed bump.

I'm not knocking your effort, but I think this should stop being listed as a rebuttal to these AFK issues, as it's clearly no sort of solution. Debate where it's within the rules of the era, if so, then let it go IMO.

Alot of times it is hours before they rez their toon if they are truly AFK. The main problem is everyone has the same attitude about it as you do. Almost EVERYONE thinks it's not worth it so hardly ANYONE does anything about it. If everyone just changed their opinion on the matter and EVERYONE declared war on AFK resource gatherers/stablers then it would be more than a dent.

After one dude killed him then went on his merry way the guy rezes a little later. Then when the next guy passes by and notices him doing it he kills him too. Then it would be this endless cycle of random people passing by...taking notice and killing him.

That is not the way it is currently. Just because it is in town you guys act like he is in an invincible trammelville or something.

As far as the AFK issues are concerned even if it becomes illegal it still will not stop it. The GMs are never in game, never respond to message sent to them in game. So even if it becomes illegal (which it should) it still will not stop it.

The main issue is what is allowing this? It is the razor program itself. Only way you gonna stop it is to ban razor (would not bother me much). But banning razor will never happen.

Only way you gonna stop it is to ban razor, period.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Shane Dog wrote:
Hemperor wrote:

Why do I do it?

Alot of times it is hours before they rez their toon if they are truly AFK. The main problem is everyone has the same attitude about it as you do. Almost EVERYONE thinks it's not worth it so hardly ANYONE does anything about it. If everyone just changed their opinion on the matter and EVERYONE declared war on AFK resource gatherers/stablers then it would be more than a dent.

After one dude killed him then went on his merry way the guy rezes a little later. Then when the next guy passes by and notices him doing it he kills him too. Then it would be this endless cycle of random people passing by...taking notice and killing him.

That is not the way it is currently. Just because it is in town you guys act like he is in an invincible trammelville or something.

As far as the AFK issues are concerned even if it becomes illegal it still will not stop it. The GMs are never in game, never respond to message sent to them in game. So even if it becomes illegal (which it should) it still will not stop it.

The main issue is what is allowing this? It is the razor program itself. Only way you gonna stop it is to ban razor (would not bother me much). But banning razor will never happen.

Only way you gonna stop it is to ban razor, period.
I may agree with your last sentiment... I'm glad you admit that at most it would only be a dent... If everyone on the server started killing the AFKs, they would simply operate better, prepare better, and check in more often... all still at a small fraction of the time and effort it takes to combat them.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Due to the extremely large player base in era, it seems almost ridiculous if there were never rules in place to keep overcrowding of stables to a minimum. Has anyone ever really checked hard on this at all?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Due to the extremely large player base in era, it seems almost ridiculous if there were never rules in place to keep overcrowding of stables to a minimum. Has anyone ever really checked hard on this at all?
Yes it has been brought up a lot recently.
The problem is During the ERA Uo was and Ground Breaking MMO and it was hard if not impossible to foretell Every Eventuality that would Arise.

That being Said OSI did Eventually adapt and make changes later on.

There in lies the problem. We are stuck in a Time Frame where the gameplay was great but the Mechanics where not completely Flushed out yet.

I've said it before but I will say it again. The only reason Stable slots are a problem at all is someone thought to themselves "How can I take Advantage of the Fact this server is ERA Accurate"

This is what I am against. I don't mind people scamming or Greifing or anything else that went on during the T2A Era.
What I dislike is people Exploiting the Fact that this server Was made for those of us who Love the T2A Era ( for its ups and downs)

IMO people filling up the stables are not exploiting an "ERA accurate Feature" They are Exploiting a UOSA Feature. And i think that is a line that needs to be made and Enforced for the betterment of all who enjoy The T2A Gaming Experience.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Whoah that is the most politically unbiased thing I ever read on these forums....
8)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

I meant to copy and send in a pm last night. not repost my post srry about that. :oops:

Confrontation

Post by Confrontation »

1 stable slot for each player and say another opens at every 20 animal lore.....

maximum 6 stable slots per character i think anymore is not needed and the pets should be deleted IMHO. Starting with the hghest skilled ones of course mwahahahaha

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Fortunately what you think doesnt matter.

I hate to resort to this but.....go back to trammel if you dont want to work for anything.......

Confrontation

Post by Confrontation »

that is true also. My post started as a suggestion for a solution, before my long felt dislike of tamers took over. Eight years of UO and always refused to play as one.