All Stables full - at all times!

Topics related to Second Age
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: All Stables full - at all times!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Here you can all guard me and then shoot someone and your pet will go after them. JUST an FYI clyde.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

no you cant
-cr3w-

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Can too!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Dude i am literally doing it right now. I tell my nightmare to guard me, i harm my other character, the nightmare sits there and does nothing. I go to a dog, i arrow it, nothing happens. Seriously are you really going to argue this?
-cr3w-

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

When a pet GUARDS you that means exactly that. It means that if anyone or anything attacks you, your pets will guard you. Telling them to guard you does not mean you can run around attacking shit and your pets will just go after it. Sad thing is, you spend almost all your time on a tamer, while i spend my time pvping.
-cr3w-

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I did it a few weeks ago....must be broken. Everyone was using it .

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

I'm willing to bet you assumed that just because you told your dragon to guard you and it attacked everything you attacked that it was guarding you when in reality dragons will auto attack anyway regardless of whether you command them to guard you or not. If you tell your wyrm, mare, ANYTHING except a dragon to guard you, and go attack something, your pets will sit there and do nothing unless they are targetted. Even if you tell your wyrm to guard you and you go attack a monster before it targets you or your pet, it will literally do nothing even if the monster is fighting back. Guard works only when you're targeted first.
Last edited by Clyde- on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-cr3w-

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

No it wasnt because i have been farming off and on for more than weeks and it has never worked like that. I will bet anything you are mistaking the fact that dragons will aggro monsters and you sat there thinking you were making it happen by saying all guard me and shooting the monsters. Lol....you're wrong here.
-cr3w-

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Me: "all guard me"
Second player attacks me
Pet attacks player who just attacked me

whats broken?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Clyde is right. You could not do the "guard me then flag something yourself to make them attck it without telling them to kill it" until much later in the UO franchise.

You can tell them to guard you then let the "enemy" flag you and then they will attack it however.

I just tried it.

I used to do the guard me magic arrow technique all the time with Greater Dragons on EA's pay to play but that was after Samurai Age.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Clyde- wrote:Holy hell you guys are morons. First off, if you tell your pet to guard you and then attack a monster, your pet will not attack the monster. In order for all guard me to work the monster has to attack you first, so you can't just go arrow something and then your pets just lock on. Second, dragons auto attack ANY grey/red monster or person so there is absolutely NO point in telling them to guard you. You dont have to command them to do shit. All you do is stack your dragons and let them do everything...no commands, no feeding, nothing. And if one of them gets poisoned just arch cure the stack. How do none of you know this? And i dont even pvm hardly...On the other hand, WW's do NOT auto attack so you have to tell them to guard you, then put yourself in between your wyrms and the monster so that the monster attacks you first causing the wyrms to defend you. However, wyrms mass curse and because pets dont listen to commands for shit, it makes having a turret of WW's completely pointless.

firstly you are wrong, attacking a monster makes it attack you the difference between players and npcs, when a player a is attack by tamer x, player a autodefends but the pets dont' attack until player a actually lands a hit or spell on tamer x, however with npcs they will literally attack you after you attack them. so you don't have to cast arrow. Second things here is, true you don't have to command the dragons for them to random attack things but if things go wrong and u need to get them out of there, you simply pop a gate and dbl click it, as long as you are close all the dragons who are currently not attacking any target simply go thru the gate with you. If you been hunting for 1.5 or more hours they don't listen well without being fed, this reduces the risk of leaving dragons behind due to them not listening to all follow me spam (and depending on how long you been hunting the chance of them just going wild from spamming all follow me)

-edit- i do want to point out that this is the way it has been on this server for as long as I can remember, and to my knowledge is still the same unless there was some recent change i am unaware of.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

BTW I wasn't saying you should make a turrent of WWs - I was saying just take a lone WW with you as a pack horse for gold.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

proof:
http://uomovies.com/download.pl?id=3583

for some reason it is showing the dragon as not being right on my butt, i guess i did the recording while out of sync, anyhow here you go.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Loathed wrote:firstly you are wrong, attacking a monster makes it attack you the difference between players and npcs, when a player a is attack by tamer x, player a autodefends but the pets dont' attack until player a actually lands a hit or spell on tamer x, however with npcs they will literally attack you after you attack them. so you don't have to cast arrow.
Precisely.

Clyde, I think you owe all of the "morons" an apology.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Just tested it and you're wrong.
-cr3w-