Should Stables limits be increased?

Topics related to Second Age

Should stable limits be increased?

Yes, increase the stable limits.
23%
No, I really don't mind not being able to stable.
49%
Set it back to unlimited. It's not worth all this trouble.
29%

Total votes: 70

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Should Stables limits be increased?

Post by GuardianKnight »

This is in regards to :viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29991
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Should Stables limits be increased?

Post by Ronk »

Umm, my rant here is that if you are going to do a poll you need to keep the poll results neutral.

A simple Yes/No is best. Providing two options for yes and then attempting to make them sound good while making the no option sound bad is a poor and ultimately invalid poll. Either way, there are more non-tamers than tamers and as thus everyones gonna vote no.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I agree but I enjoy the way I put things. I get a chuckle when i look at how people vote to weirdly put answers.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Too much hoarding as it is, the limit is good.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Maybe a limit per character per stable rather than a stable limit?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

GuardianKnight wrote:Maybe a limit per character per stable rather than a stable limit?
I coudl see that, limit of 3 :-)

Though im curious how it was in T2A. Further, if you were to go exact T2A mechanics the server would still be out of wack due to the fewer number of people here.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

GuardianKnight wrote:Maybe a limit per character per stable rather than a stable limit?
Best answer in my opinion. Tamers hoard and should be allowed to an extent but then non-tamers can't even keep a second horse.

. . . Not to mention the annoying abandoned tames scatterd about Delucia.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Love the wording of this poll.

Everyone that votes "unlimited, not worth the trouble" should be publicly shamed.

Such an amazing opportunity... a tamer pulls out 30+ dragons, and you can immediately buy 10 rabbits, 10 cats, 10 dogs, etc., from the stablemaster and stable them. Whoops, looks like the dragons are getting some exercise for a while.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Where is the "make it era accurate" option for this one? I own a tamer, and have well over 30 pets stabled, and I know the PITA stabling is, however the shard's purpose is to be era accurate, and if the current situation is accurate, then no fix is needed. We'll just have to adapt.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I just can't believe that a stabling system meant for a MMORPG can be so broken in this time frame. People were taming horses like nuts back in those days.

It just seems wrong that 3 people can break an aspect of the game and it can be era accurate.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Indeed there were stable limits in 1999. And, I know for sure in Delucia, they were reached pretty frequently. Delucia being the most famous because a stabled nightmare in Delucia (or maybe it required a few, I forget) would cease the spawning of the beasts in the wild.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I don't think the stables are inaccurate, I think the spawn rates/tame rates are.

In era, nightmares were rare. As were dragons. Of course, this is partly due to the number of players in the real T2A, I think. Its one of those things that you really can't get era accurate other than the mechanics. And the era accurate mechanics applied to a server of 100-200 people won't be balanced, in the least.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Mikel123 wrote:Indeed there were stable limits in 1999. And, I know for sure in Delucia, they were reached pretty frequently. Delucia being the most famous because a stabled nightmare in Delucia (or maybe it required a few, I forget) would cease the spawning of the beasts in the wild.
this had nothing to do with the limit of the stable this was known was spawn blocking and involves server lines, the mare never left the subserver that it spawns on it so it would be blocked while stabled. we don't have server lines so we don't have this. when you cant stable something ( have still not had this issue gk insist on using the most popular 3 in felluca lol) go cry to the tamers with 100 dragons in 1 stable 100 ww in the other and a army of frenzied / llamas etc in another they are to blame more so then the people filling the few remaining spots if that is in fact the real issue here i know i saw a army of cats and stuff outside one i guess other others tamers are holding spots for them self then pulling out to fill in the free spots lol
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I am having to resort to the same thing.

FOr all the no votes in here, I sure do get cursed at in game for using slots.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Indeed there were stable limits in 1999. And, I know for sure in Delucia, they were reached pretty frequently. Delucia being the most famous because a stabled nightmare in Delucia (or maybe it required a few, I forget) would cease the spawning of the beasts in the wild.
this had nothing to do with the limit of the stable this was known was spawn blocking and involves server lines, the mare never left the subserver that it spawns on it so it would be blocked while stabled. we don't have server lines so we don't have this. when you cant stable something ( have still not had this issue gk insist on using the most popular 3 in felluca lol) go cry to the tamers with 100 dragons in 1 stable 100 ww in the other and a army of frenzied / llamas etc in another they are to blame more so then the people filling the few remaining spots if that is in fact the real issue here i know i saw a army of cats and stuff outside one i guess other others tamers are holding spots for them self then pulling out to fill in the free spots lol
Woops, you're right, I'm combining two issues, sorry.

I believe there are patch notes detailing stable size issues.

It's funny because a long while ago, there was really only one person hoarding dragons, and Derrick made the stable limit larger than he could ever imagine filling up (I think). Population is the same, but the number of dragon hoarders has increased at an incredible rate, not to mention the mount-sellers who have 30 of each mount type. As I mentioned above though, there are a number of in-game ways to help alleviate this problem and make it less worthwhile to hoard 30-100 dragons in a stable.