Boat Bugs?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Tessek

Boat Bugs?

Post by Tessek »

REPORTED ISSUE: Boat Bug (My apologies for not following the template originally.)

ISSUE DETAILS: I have been using the same boat for almost two months now. Never had a problem. Refresh at least once every other day. I use it for fishing and had built up quite a store of messages in a bottle and was using the hold for storage. (First mistake, I will not make again.) Two characters were logged in on the boat and when I logged in today, they were both kicked off of the boat. Boat is always locked and I am still in possession of the keys. I cannot recall to the boat. I do not have anything physically located on the recall spot.

Of course I am concerned about the fact that I have lost a lot of good hours due to whatever this problem is, however, I suppose my bigger concern is making sure this is not a bug and does not recur when I get a new boat. I have sent an in game request for help.

Is this a bug and do I have any in game recourse?

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Fishing just north of minoc in the ocean area between minoc and serpents hold.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Unsure specifically.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Log into boat which was anchored yesterday (6/22).

DATE REPORTED: 6/23/2011

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Thank you for your time and help. It is truly appreciated.
Last edited by Tessek on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Boat Bugs?

Post by nightshark »

Sounds like you either didn't refresh it, or the key got stolen. You must open the plank whie in possession of a master key at least once every 14(?) days to refresh the boat. If a key got stolen, someone else can dry dock the boat as it does not belong to a specific character like a house does.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Tessek

Post by Tessek »

Thanks nightshark. Those were my original worries as well. That said, I did refresh it with the master key yesterday. I often die while fishing and I come back to land to get rezzed. The key is on another character who unlocks and relocks the boat once the fisher has been rezzed. This has happened, with a 100% degree of certainty, within the last 48 hours. Further, as of 2 minutes ago, all keys are still in my possession.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

You don't have to have a master key. I refresh mine with a copy
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Tessek

Post by Tessek »

Thanks Atraxi. Definitely noted for my future (maybe) boat endeavors.

Tessek

Post by Tessek »

I received a timely, in game message from Mondain (Sp?). I was essentially given the same answer as articulated above. Unfortunately, I have refreshed my boat, which was locked, and I am still in possession of the keys on separate characters.

I am positive there is something awry. That said, the best answer seems to be the simplest: do not store anything of value on your boat for an extended period of time. A lesson I should have known, but was confident I could avoid.

I do not consider this solved, however, I consider the issue over. Thank you, truly, for all of the help here and in game.

- Tessek

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm assuming the message you get from the key is "you cannot recall from this object", indicating the boat no longer exists.

If you characters ended up on shore, it either decayed or was moved. There is not a rash of this sort of thing so am really betting against a bug. If the boat is refreshed properly, I can see no way that it can decay. You can single click on the tiller-man to see boat status.

That being said, boats are not really considered safe storage. I do not know of any bugs that would permit someone to access your locked boat on UOSA, however I do know of bugs on OSI in era which could get a person onto a locked boat, their position was the same, not a good place for storage :/

If the boat no longer exists though, and you are sure no one had a key, it must have decayed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."