ANNOUNCING LOOT HOUSE RESTORATION ACT

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Esaule

ANNOUNCING LOOT HOUSE RESTORATION ACT

Post by Esaule »

Dear UO friends,

Although we may all have a different preference for game play (some like to PK... er I mean PvP), I consider you all friends because we all share at least one thing in common. If we are here, then it means are all playing UO and at least on that level we have something in common that I think is GREAT.

When I first started playing I immediately relived all of my glorious UO nostalgia within about the first month. However, I quickly realized that unless I own my UO experience, it quickly becomes defined by others (i.e. building skills I don't want, just because I always have to fend off a high volume of PK attacks). Also, while I am truly grateful of other players who have "given" me stuff, I think that this ultimately robs EVERYONE of a true UO experience, and it usually only happens once and then you don't get that 'WOW' experience of getting a bag full of force items.

Now, I am announcing PHASE ONE of "Its our Ultima Online. LETS OWN IT!"
Phase 1 of this UO restoration project is SIMPLE. I am not suggesting that I have a solution to retention, but I am saying that I am going to do my part to own my UO experience how I WANT. The LOOT HOUSE RESTORATION ACT will be BIG! While I can't guarantee that it will enhance your UO experience personally, I am sure that you will see changes on this shard and if you participate you will definitely have unique experience that can’t be had by adding a new skill or new content. It will be done using resources we already have! Made successful by US and for US.

WHO IT NEEDS - YOU
If you have been playing for more than 3 months the chances are you at least have more than 100k, own a house, and have more magical items than you will ever need to fulfill your old UO nostalgia

WHAT IT IS - WHAT YOU MAKE IT!
Nothing further needs to be said. It will become it’s own experience.

WHAT IT REQUIRES:
Minimum requirement - make a house somewhere you own a LOOT HOUSE somewhere in UO; it doesn't matter where. Then REPLY TO THIS POST. You don't have to (or shouldn't) give the exact location, just say where it is near. You don’t have to make the house public (but if you do you can see how many people check it out). Randomly throughout the week, stock a locked down chest with items of at least some moderate to extremely high value (i.e. 1k gold, or some magical items). How often you observe it, how you maintain it is all up to you. How you decorate it is up to you. If you want to post PK squad there to kill, DO IT! If you want to have a vendor selling more valuable items, DO IT! If you want to secure the items of high value in a GM trapped or locked chest DO IT! If you want to lock down a ton of piles of gold an only have one unlocked so the player who has their scavenger on is immediately OVERWEIGHT, DO IT! If you just want people to come see the results of your hours of DECO, DO IT! If you want to place it in the middle of your player run town, PLEASE DO IT!!! The possibilities are up to you. All you need to do is MAKE IT AND POST IT ON THIS FORUM!

If you have found a LOOT HOUSE, POST YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THIS FORUM. This requires an extreme amount of HYPE to get started, and once it takes off, everyone will want to sponsor a LOOT HOUSE, and there will be NO regulation.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:
Read on only if you want to consider some of the ideas I have already come up with. Please do not use this as a requirement. You can make this WHATEVER YOU WANT.
1. Locking down runes at Moongate vendors that state “a mysterious location”
a. Have some locations go to the Balron room
b. Have another rune go to a LOOT HOUSE
c. Have another rune go to a known RED’s HOUSE
d. Have another go to TOWN (HAHA reds, use at your own risk just like us!)
2. Have MANY decoy chests/bags full of random items so people have to search (i.e. you can just walk in grab and go.)
a. Having a bag full of 40-50 plane plate armor with 1 really nice piece of armor
b. Have fish steaks in a lot of chests so if people try to click on chests each one will have at least 1 item and several stones in them
3. If I get an extra tower or keep, make one have items up at the top.
a. Make a maze of tables so people can’t just walk right to the chest.
b. Randomly leave untamed dragons, or tamed ones guarding the chest
c. Post a bot that is constantly detecting hidden and stating “remove thyself” so that stealthers can’t just waltz in and take the loot unseen. You may also need to kill the blue bot and take a count or go grey in order to reach the PRIZE!
4. Have a rune in the chest which leads to a different loot house or repeat of idea 1
5. Items I am considering leaving in chests on a regular basis
a. Full/partially full magic books
b. Weapons of FORCE or greater (with Accuracy)
c. Reagents
d. 1k gold or more
e. GM armor/weapons (some DP probably assumed if there is a poison potion in the chest)
5. PKS, just a thought, you might want to let people get away with 1-3k every once in a while so they don't avoid your location.
6. Changes I anticipate/expect based on high participation
a. Rune libraries will start having well known locations added
b. People will start visiting those random "isolated" house spots in the middle of Trinsic Jungle or AVATAR Island
c. Groups of people will start traveling in search of "LOOT HOUSES"
MANY people will die opening a GM Trapped chest

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: ANNOUNCING LOOT HOUSE RESTORATION ACT

Post by SJane3384 »

tl;dr
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

I like it. I am imagining ways that cA can corrupt this. Gonna be lots o' ganking.

Don't get me wrong though, I like it. And will probably participate. I got some loots I can live without.

Galendae

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

Galendae wrote:I like it. I am imagining ways that cA can corrupt this. Gonna be lots o' ganking.

Don't get me wrong though, I like it. And will probably participate. I got some loots I can live without.

Galendae
Go for it man! There is no way to corrupt this anymore than you can corrupt player vendors (i.e. setting up scam vendors). Your success in this will largely be on how much "enticement" you set up for people. If people never successfully get anything worth while from your LOOT HOUSE it most likely won't stay on their routes for long.

I have already set up a LOOT HOUSE. This one will not be disclosed, but if you start seeing runes at LEGITIMATE VENDOR SHOPS (i.e. non-scam shops) that say 'a mysterious location' you should check it out! :)

Downs

Post by Downs »

I like it!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Dazed&Confused

Post by Dazed&Confused »

As I have previously told you I will set up a few loot houses for you. Once I have them all set up and ready to go I will post their locations. I am interested to see if this catches on or not. Good luck buddy!

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

great idea! bc this game truly is what you make it.

i bought a rune for LOOT HOUSE from one vendor near trinsic today, traveled there and added a handful of semi-rares to the loot. then i placed the rune on a porch in a well traveled location.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I'm down already have a public house decoed house and another almost done .. and planes to start another one ..

Who is going to be First to Chaos's Necro House .. .after he sets up some loots!!!!

First Round of loots set up .. Will increase loots depending on how this goes ..

ICE ISLE Patio is hint ... happy looting !!

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

The Vesper - Minoc Welcome Center has been doing it for years. There has been a community chest there since Arcott Ramathorn used to own it.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

First loot picked up by Bill Murray (5k gold newbie egg bomb and unlimited fireworks wand).. who even killed me while looking for next round of loot on another client .. gratz to him and all future winners .. let this sever as warning .. pk's do vist house so always be careful on ice !!!!!

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

Pirul wrote:The Vesper - Minoc Welcome Center has been doing it for years. There has been a community chest there since Arcott Ramathorn used to own it.
That's fantastic. Well now you know you are not alone. My houses will have all kinds of items for all player types (not just gold but resources and such for those who like to craft).

So far from this chain there are now at least 4 in operation

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

This is awesome! Thanks so much for your support everyone who has started or who has been maintaining a loot house!

I have posted another topic under Tales of Adventure where you can post stories about your adventures! Please keep visiting these topics!

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=29764

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

THIS JUST IN! I will be receiving a shipment of POWER and VANQ items that will be getting distributed throughout the land in the LOOT HOUSES! Start exploring friends. Make sure don't go knocking on a RED's door!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

bump still working loot house

come by pick up loot from time to time ..

Tip of Ice
Attachments
loothouse.jpg

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

Awesome! This looks like a real homey spot. A random location in the middle of the frozen wasteland!

Return to “Player Run Events”