So...is scamming legal here?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Bakalakadaka

So...is scamming legal here?

Post by Bakalakadaka »

So far I'm 0/2 on buying a All Banks Runebooks from player vendors. Very cute!

Just now at Sexy Smith's Second Chance vendors right next to the Britain moongate. Vendor name Obelia. These people should be IP banned and their accounts deleted.

Populus

Re: So...is scamming legal here?

Post by Populus »

Welcome to Ultima Online. Always identify before you buy stuff from vendors. It's legal to "scam"/trick people if everything happens ingame. But it's not allowed when doing trades through IRC or the forums.

There are plenty of scamming vendors out there, stay active on the forums.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Bakalakadaka

Post by Bakalakadaka »

Populus wrote:Welcome to Ultima Online. Always identify before you buy stuff from vendors. It's legal to "scam"/trick people if everything happens ingame. But it's not allowed when doing trades through IRC or the forums.

There are plenty of scamming vendors out there, stay active on the forums.
You can't identify a runebook or open them when on a vendor to verify its contents...

Bakalakadaka

Post by Bakalakadaka »

Eh, I think got my answer. All manner of douchebagery is allowed here whether it be bug, exploit, scam etc.

To be expected for a free game I suppose. Those who volunteer their time to keep this place going I salute you! Sadly UO will remain a memory for me. Not going to put up with cheaters.
*waves*

lettuce

Post by lettuce »

they are not cheating if its ok to do it

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

Sadly UO will remain a memory for me.
It will also remain an inaccurate memory if you don't remember the scammers that were present in UO.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

hahah, Sexy Smithy doesn't even play anymore....

Her signature says retired.

I run her vendors now. They are ONLY located on the Vesper Beach, The Yew Moongate in the Hangman's Gamble, and in DG Town.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

faber

Post by faber »

Bakalakadaka wrote:Eh, I think got my answer. All manner of douchebagery is allowed here whether it be bug, exploit, scam etc.

To be expected for a free game I suppose. Those who volunteer their time to keep this place going I salute you! Sadly UO will remain a memory for me. Not going to put up with cheaters.
*waves*
Believe it or not, but the negative game mechanics of uo are part of what makes the game fun. Avoiding the scam adds to the experience. I'm a skeptical person irl and I love being able to carry that skepticism into the game. One word: Verisimilitude.

Just my two cents, and I still think all scammers should be killed by Populus' bunchie.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

faber wrote:One word: Verisimilitude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizcAX26Bms

!!!
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Bakalakadaka

Post by Bakalakadaka »

Light Shade wrote:hahah, Sexy Smithy doesn't even play anymore....

I run her vendors now. They are ONLY located on the Vesper Beach, The Yew Moongate in the Hangman's Gamble, and in DG Town.
Hahaha...her vendors cost your shard a player...too funny.

After thinking a few hours about it the real reason I won't be returning is scamming tells me a great deal about the maturity level of the players here. You would think that only adults would be playing a nearly 15 year old game but no adult would screw over the small amount of people still interested in this game for some virtual gold.

You're only hurting yourselves by being assholes to each other...

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Bakalakadaka wrote:

Did you even read LS's post that you quoted? He's saying it WASN'T one of her vendors. The reason it's funny is because the scam vendors here tend to copy players that don't play anymore.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Stealthmode

Post by Stealthmode »

Bakalakadaka wrote:

After thinking a few hours about it the real reason I won't be returning is scamming tells me a great deal about the maturity level of the players here. You would think that only adults would be playing a nearly 15 year old game but no adult would screw over the small amount of people still interested in this game for some virtual gold.

Most of us play here for the challenge. If a vendor scam is enough to make you quit you weren't going to stick it out anyways.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Stealthmode wrote:
Bakalakadaka wrote:

Most of us play here for the challenge. If a vendor scam is enough to make you quit you weren't going to stick it out anyways.
+1

A scam vendor is NOT the worst thing you will encounter here. This shard doesn't have the limitations that the post t2a shards do. This isn't an easy place to play. There's scammers, murderers, and other griefers all over the place. Sorry we can't sugarcoat it for you, but that's reality. :/
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Hate to see new players go, but this one was DOA.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Pirul wrote:Hate to see new players go, but this one was DOA.
It's prob a fake account by a vet who was scammed by that vendor and too embarrassed to post.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter