Grey tamed animals

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Grey tamed animals

Post by Mens Rea »

Animals that were guarding or whatever didn't go grey to the whole world... NEA

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Grey tamed animals

Post by nightshark »

I thought this was fixed here.. they go grey to yourself but not other people.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Do tames owned by murderer's always flag attack-able here?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:Do tames owned by murderer's always flag attack-able here?
No, the flags are independent of owner flag. The exception is guilded players with guarding pets.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

crying-baby-300x300.jpg
crying-baby-300x300.jpg (38.58 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

"Board index » Discussion » Suggestions & Era Accuracy"

Figure it out Hicha

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mens Rea wrote:"Board index » Discussion » Suggestions & Era Accuracy"

Figure it out Hicha
Here's the process on providing Era Accuracy suggestions:

Step 1: Provide a very clear and accurate description of the change you're requesting to make UOSA more 'era-accurate'
Step 2: Post relevant information, links, screenshots, discussion boards, old patch notes, dev threads, or any other piece of information which strongly supports and proves the change you've discovered should be implemented.

When you put a bit more effort into your threads so they read like suggestions instead of vaginal complaints, people will begin to take you seriously.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

From swing on the run discussion:
Mens Rea wrote:Let me break it down for you boys.

There are a time tested set of arguments that are inherently invalid on this forum. I say inherently invalid because they do not engage with the stated goal of the shard, and that is to be an accurate reflection of the T2A era - with certain qualifications:

1 - "The change I am suggesting will bring people to the shard."
2 - "The change I am suggesting is more fun."
3 - "The change I am suggesting is just as inaccurate/more accurate than another aspect of the shard which is inaccurate."
4 - "The change I am suggesting is more balanced."
5 - "The change I suggest is accurate because it is my recollection." (Although, admittedly, this has worked for me before a few times long in the past - and in fact one of my recollections which was relied on was completely wrong.)
6 - "This change shouldn't be framed as era accuracy..." - tanmits (above)

I concede that there are no defined rules as to all the aforementioned "qualifications" to accuracy and why they are included. We see it over and over again on these forums - runebooks, events, etc. The reality is that the goal is of course accuracy, so if you are concerned about accuracy then there is no point arguing that a certain threshold of accuracy has been overstepped therefore this should justify further inaccuracy. It just takes the shard *futher* away from the shard's intended goal so the argument falls flat - it's time to give it up.

The comments made by Rose and I on this topic give a good example of how you can achieve your suggested changes on this shard. I have personally achieved many, many changes to this shard - sometimes having to rely on creative arguments to at least prove the matter beyond what the counter-argument suggests. There are grey areas. This topic is not a closed subject - that is clear. There are tonnes of resources out there which are not visited/revisted for every single change/subject which is brought up on the shard. Nobody had ever raised the issue that the mini-patch may have been remedial due to it's timing.

To conclude, I give my prescribed format for valid arguments in the context of this shard, these forums, and the subjects on which we discuss:

I suggest change xxxx, it is accurate because yyyy (without relying on any of the inherently invalid arguments 1-6 listed above) and because of yyyy (without relying on any of the inherently invalid arguments 1-6 listed above) the current system should be changed to xxxx.
The reality is, Hicha, that I am aware of the principle to which you refer - however - this one is obvious so it doesn't matter. Just like doorstep keys and escaping pvp by running into event trammelgates.

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

Hicha wrote:
The attachment crying-baby-300x300.jpg is no longer available

I vote a bumper sticker be sold like this!!
Attachments
NEA.jpg
NEA.jpg (38.96 KiB) Viewed 1765 times

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

smelt it

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Hicha wrote: When you put a bit more effort into your threads so they read like suggestions instead of vaginal complaints, people will begin to take you seriously.
I took him seriously without some long winded pointless post. Sometimes, you just gotta read between the lines
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Hicha wrote:
crying-baby-300x300.jpg
lol, that should be some people's forum avatar!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay