New Player Lag Issues

hicohornet

New Player Lag Issues

Post by hicohornet »

I am a new player. However I have played UO before for 5 years. Anyways, I just started today and I am experiencing high lag. I have High Speed Hughes Net Internet and it runs well for Star Craft 2 Online. This is also a fairly new computer. With not much used space. Tons of free space on this computer. Is there any tips I can take? Thanks.

hicohornet

Re: New Player Lag Issues

Post by hicohornet »

I do not use Razor after I load up UO. It will not let me. Is this why it lags?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

The server is on the East Coast USA .. so you may be getting lag in route of the server .. ping test and tracert to login.uosecondage.com will help you tell if that is the problem ..

Not sure about your second post .. maybe get in our irc chat for further help or have a look around the support section for more info.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

hicohornet wrote:I am a new player. However I have played UO before for 5 years. Anyways, I just started today and I am experiencing high lag. I have High Speed Hughes Net Internet and it runs well for Star Craft 2 Online. This is also a fairly new computer. With not much used space. Tons of free space on this computer. Is there any tips I can take? Thanks.
Hughes net is your problem. I was on satellite internet, and the lag is horrid. It takes 1-3+ seconds for a packet to make a round trip. If you tried other real-time games like first person shooters, you would see the lag there also.

The nature of Star Craft allows for this multi-second delay to be tolerable.

If you are too far from a city to get DSL or Cable internet, you should look into WiFi providers in your area. I get an excellent connection from a relay tower 6 miles from my house. But I also had to put up a 60' antenna.

hicohornet

Post by hicohornet »

If I upgrade my package to the best available for Hughes Net will the lag decrease?

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

hicohornet wrote:If I upgrade my package to the best available for Hughes Net will the lag decrease?
not at all. It still takes the same amount of time to go from ground to space to ground to server and back.