Running in Place and Lagging

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Noxin

Running in Place and Lagging

Post by Noxin »

I'm experiencing a bug or something that prevents me from running or walking effectively on one of my accounts. (Note that I have three accounts, all with what I believe are the same settings, and this is only occurring on one of them.) When I try to run or walk, I will run in place for a few steps, and only later will it catch up. Sometimes it doesn't catch up at all, and I'm frozen. Once the screen does find my new location, I'm frozen in place in running mode. I have noticed other strange things as well, e.g., the allnames function randomly going off, both above people's heads and in my system messages. This latter problem seems to have gone away for now, but I figure I'd also report it.

I asked a GM for help, and he recommended first that I toggle on/off the Razor setting for "Use smart CPU usage reduction." I did this, logged in and out with each setting, and no luck.

He also suggested checking the in-game options and comparing it to the accounts that are working fine, and I see no difference at all.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

iamreallysquall

Re: Running in Place and Lagging

Post by iamreallysquall »

Noxin wrote:I'm experiencing a bug or something that prevents me from running or walking effectively on one of my accounts. (Note that I have three accounts, all with what I believe are the same settings, and this is only occurring on one of them.) When I try to run or walk, I will run in place for a few steps, and only later will it catch up. Sometimes it doesn't catch up at all, and I'm frozen. Once the screen does find my new location, I'm frozen in place in running mode. I have noticed other strange things as well, e.g., the allnames function randomly going off, both above people's heads and in my system messages. This latter problem seems to have gone away for now, but I figure I'd also report it.

I asked a GM for help, and he recommended first that I toggle on/off the Razor setting for "Use smart CPU usage reduction." I did this, logged in and out with each setting, and no luck.

He also suggested checking the in-game options and comparing it to the accounts that are working fine, and I see no difference at all.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

before this issue started did you have a macro running that involed movement? if so you have to entirely shut the client down and open a new one for it to be fixed
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Arrochar

Post by Arrochar »

I'll add that I have started experiencing the same thing within the past 1-2 days. It's strange. If I try to do anything then I get the same running/hang problem. Eventually it will happen and in-game will just lock up. The client is still running and communicating with the server, but I am locked up. I have gone as far as to completely remove everything from my computer, re-download and re-install everything fresh. The problem still persists. Oddly enough, if I do get logged in and can get my character setup where I want him for a macro I can run a macro all day/night with no problems. But the instant I stop macro'ing and try to run around and do anything the same lag/hangup problem occurs. I've been playing for about 3 weeks now with no issues, and this has just come up within the past couple of days. As much fun as macro'ing is, I would like to occasionally play. :(

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

If you are running Vista or Windows7, be sure to check the "Razor - settings for Windows 7" section of http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

iamreallysquall wrote:before this issue started did you have a macro running that involed movement? if so you have to entirely shut the client down and open a new one for it to be fixed
Arrochar wrote:... But the instant I stop macro'ing and try to run around and do anything the same lag/hangup problem occurs. ...
The only cause of this symptom that i'm aware of is a client bug caused by Razor when you use any macro which moves your character.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Populus

Post by Populus »

Maybe your razor profile is set to "Use smart CPU usage reduction" as on with that character profile.
ImageImageImage
[cA]