Embarrasing Game Mechanics

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
SoundofGod

Embarrasing Game Mechanics

Post by SoundofGod »

If an enemy is walking on a horse (trotting, i guess), and you're attacking him from behind, he can just keep on trotting without a care in the world without you swinging 1 damn time. It's embarrasing, and totally ridiculous. So, all you mages out there being harrased by a dexxer, just slowly trot away and hope your attacker doesn't run infront of you to stop you, because if you can zig-zag, you can laugh your way to safty without doing anything. It's a bogus trick/bug that has no basis in era accuracy.

Atraxi

Re: Embarrasing Game Mechanics

Post by Atraxi »

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here. I mean, I think I have an idea, but I'm not 100%.

Are you saying that if you are moving away from a dexxer, he can't hit you?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

Try this:

Set your client to walking mode (able to run if needed).

"walk" your horse in a straight line (or whatever) and have a friend attack you from behind or the side.

And laugh as you are completely invunerable to attack - but yes, you have to "Catch" them stopped to swing.

The only way you can attack someone is if they are stupid enough to cast a spell?

How ridiculous is that?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Pretty much. Or you have to head them off and get in front of them, and hope they walk into or adjacent to you.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I miss swinging on the run for dexers. It made fighting them challenging, and being them fun.