Afking in ctf and double domination should be banable

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Afking in ctf and double domination should be banable

Post by Omnicron »

just saying ban that particular character from events for like a month if seen afking in those events.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Afking in ctf and double domination should be banable

Post by Ronk »

I can't believe this is still an issue. I quit playing CTF's way back when because so many people would just sign up and be afk.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

TheBreadMan

Post by TheBreadMan »

sometimes its not avoidable.. So ban would be hush unless they doing it week in weekout.

Like for me once the ctf started and my internet died like 2min after !! :( Though I did get back for it.

The should be some punishment though. eg if you enter event and dont more or use skills for more than 50% of it you should get a week ban from events.

Though im sure the GM do already punish for afking problem is they can't always be around.

Brules

Post by Brules »

People are doing it to farm trophies....you have a 50/50 shot at being on winning team.....its extremely LAME.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I got one of my accounts banned from event's/torunys for entering my thief into the 2v2. The duration was for about 2 months I think.

It was kinda funny because I was matched up with 1 player who didn't have a partner and forgot his halberd... so the match went for a very long time. Both of us ended up getting poisoned and mana leeched by an onlooking GM... best 2v2 ever... although 2 months was a bit harsh.

People who AFK in auto events should be hit with this kind of punishment, I see AFK'ing to be more serious of an offense then trying to win a 2v2 with your thief.
Last edited by Roser on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

it happens, i mean u sign up and woops ur baby needs her diaper changed, dog needs to be let out etc. Real life does occur, but i do agree that most these ppl doing it ongoingly it is very annoying

TC

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Yeah afking in ctf and dd is nonsense and should be mitigated.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i have seen people banned from both tourneys and ctf type events for both afking/double clienting to get silver for sure or using other accounts that don't belong to them to evade a ban
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

The simple fact is, regardless of your reason, if you go afk during a team based tournament you are ruining the entire tournament for everyone involved. The people on your team are down a man and suffer and the game becomes far too easy for the people on the opposing team.

A first offense probably should not be super harsh. In addition, you probably should not be signing up for a team game before changing your baby. Its about taking responsibility for yourself.

Now, they could offer a gate or command that will let you excuse yourself from the tournament if your baby poos its pants. It would still unbalance the game but at least it would prove to everyone that you aren't just afk trying to farm rewards. In addition, this command (as well as how long into the tourney you used it) could be logged so that the staff could easily be alerted if you are someone who regularly enters tournaments and quits.

With something of this nature, being afk could then carry much stiffer penalties.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

iamreallysquall

Ronk wrote:The simple fact is, regardless of your reason, if you go afk during a team based tournament you are ruining the entire tournament for everyone involved. The people on your team are down a man and suffer and the game becomes far too easy for the people on the opposing team.

A first offense probably should not be super harsh. In addition, you probably should not be signing up for a team game before changing your baby. Its about taking responsibility for yourself.

Now, they could offer a gate or command that will let you excuse yourself from the tournament if your baby poos its pants. It would still unbalance the game but at least it would prove to everyone that you aren't just afk trying to farm rewards. In addition, this command (as well as how long into the tourney you used it) could be logged so that the staff could easily be alerted if you are someone who regularly enters tournaments and quits.

With something of this nature, being afk could then carry much stiffer penalties.
if their was away to leave the second someone got put on the worst team and they were slightly lossing they would just leave making that team at further disadvantage rather then simply trying to the end which reminds of another problem people get frustrated with bad people and 'semi afk'

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Ronk wrote:The simple fact is, regardless of your reason, if you go afk during a team based tournament you are ruining the entire tournament for everyone involved. The people on your team are down a man and suffer and the game becomes far too easy for the people on the opposing team.

if their was away to leave the second someone got put on the worst team and they were slightly lossing they would just leave making that team at further disadvantage rather then simply trying to the end which reminds of another problem people get frustrated with bad people and 'semi afk'
The best solution then is to remove these events completely. If there is a demand for them, players can host them themselves, just like in the old days. Problem solved.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

iamreallysquall

Ronk wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:

The best solution then is to remove these events completely. If there is a demand for them, players can host them themselves, just like in the old days. Problem solved.
i agree or at least make events totally random. :) i know for a fact various people have said this in vent / irc "i love uosa i know exactly when to log in theirs a event schedule right on the website", this goes along with various other people who just don't do anything anymore except tourneys. don't get me wrong the occasional event can be fun but they are not accurate in the automated sense and id love to see the them entirely gone and maybe just 1 or 2 random every month or so or not at all. player events are much more fun w-l hunt / where in the world is flea event player interaction is what i mainly play for in felluca with the real rule set.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Ronk wrote:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If your internet dies, your character should auto log and re-log back in the waiting area. Anyone else should be banned from the events permanently on that character after n violations of the afk-in-events rule.

Alternatively, remove all events.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Nah, just dump any offending character in the Jail for 24-48hrs.
That will be annoying enought to make people think twice before sign-ups....or taking care of their children IRL (ppfffft)
Est Sularus oth Mithas