Looking for guild!

Sixteen_Tons

Looking for guild!

Post by Sixteen_Tons »

I posted this in your recruitment thread- but figured I'd post up a topic in your forum. I've been getting used to navigating these forums, and did not see the guild forum originally.

"Hey all- another newbie checking in.

I would love to get to know you guys and go for a hunt. So far I'm training up Smith/Mining/Provo, with an alt that specializes in Stealth/Archery.

I've played UO since 1997 (Before I can remember, honestly, I was 9 or 10 years old). I had a character by the name of Imperial Guard, and I would stand watch at a certain peninsula south of Trinsic. There were various monster spawns in that spot, and there was a guild named the Imperium that roved the area.

Since those days, I've made various freeshards. I always had a passion for hosting servers and scripting, but it became too much of a burden.

After lately playing some of the more popular MMORPGs, I came across this server, saw how unbelievably easy it was to download, and went for it. Definitely not a mistake. Looking forward to meeting with you guys!"

Orrin

Re: Looking for guild!

Post by Orrin »

Welcome :)

I see you have already found your way into DG Irc, carry on the way you are and i can see no problems with you fitting into the guild and onto Uosa.
Tiny DG

Sixteen_Tons

Post by Sixteen_Tons »

Thanks for the quick response!

I've been looking around the forum, and DG seems to be the sort of guild I'm interested in.

I'm not sure what type of characters you are in need of most, but I'd be willing to train up whatever would be an asset. The characters I'm training now are a bit... Odd :)

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

If you plan to PVP with us, your best bet is either a tank mage, pure dexer, or medwarrior. It's not required though, play whatever you like!

Sixteen_Tons

Post by Sixteen_Tons »

Spitfire wrote:If you plan to PVP with us, your best bet is either a tank mage, pure dexer, or medwarrior. It's not required though, play whatever you like!
I can drop Archery on Casper and go for a dexxer build :)

Tank mage is super high maintenance, and I have a blacksmith, so gear will be super easy to maintain ;)

Although, not sure what "medwarrior" is.... Medium warrior?? 0_o :)

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Those are just examples of the most used templates, you can use whatever type you are comfortable playing. I started with a dexer, never thinking I would play a mage, and I converted him to a mage and like it better.

A medwarrior is a dexer with magery and a bit more intelligence for some utility spells and extra healing ability. A template for that would be: Weapon, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Magery, Resist, Meditation (or Wrestling). 100 str, 85 dex, 40 int (dex/int can be changed around a bit depending on your weapon of choice, etc).

All depends on what you like.

Orrin

Post by Orrin »

Sixteen_Tons wrote:Thanks for the quick response!

I'm not sure what type of characters you are in need of most, but I'd be willing to train up whatever would be an asset. The characters I'm training now are a bit... Odd :)

You play in what ever style you like :) dont knock archery just yet, it can be frustrating sometimes as once you have fired your shot you must not move untill the animation has struck its mark or you will auto miss, that been said archery is excelent for pvm, and if your in a pvp situation, solo you will struggle, but in a group you will deffintly hurt your attacker.
Tiny DG

Sixteen_Tons

Post by Sixteen_Tons »

To be honest, I'll probably make a medwarrior :) But I won't be training magery right away, and I'll likely cap it off at 60 or so.

Either way, I will have multiple characters, and will be happy to make a new one if DG is in need of something.