Client crash...

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Malaikat

Client crash...

Post by Malaikat »

I've realized that there are specific areas on the map that cause my client to crash, but only, so it seems, when I'm heading in a particular direction. Today I've crashed 4 times, each when I'm heading south down the stairs from the mages guild in Moonglow. At various other times I've similarly crashed in Minoc when traveling between the tinker and bank. On that occasion I believe I had crashed twice, both at the same spot and while heading in the same direction.

A copy of the Windows application log entry:

Code: Select all

Faulting application client.exe, version 5.0.8.3, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0f4ca520.
I have CPU reduction unchecked in Razor, and the client runs flawless 99% of the time. There are only very oddly specific areas that cause me problems.

Edit:

Didn't know if this should go in client support. It seems too specific to be a client/computer issue, but seemed rather to be a server-side bug.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Client crash...

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Just an idea but are you using the actual uosa client or a patched cd one?
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

The uosa client.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

This is still happening but now when I recall from mage guild in moonglow to the shop in Occlo. Crashed twice from it now. Very weird.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Edit:

Didn't know if this should go in client support. It seems too specific to be a client/computer issue, but seemed rather to be a server-side bug.
but nobody else is mentioning it so it reasons that it's your client.

I dont know what (if any) third party programs you are running but I would disable all, and try logging in with pure client. Try to recreate the phenomena. If it does happen again, try uninstall and reinstall pure client and run it. That error message sounds like you may have some corrupted landmass files? dunno just a guess.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Quin the Wretch wrote:
Edit:

but nobody else is mentioning it so it reasons that it's your client.

I dont know what (if any) third party programs you are running but I would disable all, and try logging in with pure client. Try to recreate the phenomena. If it does happen again, try uninstall and reinstall pure client and run it. That error message sounds like you may have some corrupted landmass files? dunno just a guess.
Only third party I'm running is the Razor version that's bundled with the UOSA client. I've got a ton of other stuff running, as I play from work, but it's really inconsistent. The location I was crashing yesterday probably won't crash me today, but every now and then I'll hit a spot on the map that will hang me up repeatably like 3,4, or 5 times. I can try a reinstall but it's just a weird issue.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Have you tried re-installing your client? you may have some corrupted files or bad install? This seems to be a pretty isolated incident with you.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'll reinstall, but I'd think that if the files were corrupt it would be more consistent than it is.