Recalling in Dungeons

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hernando_Kortez

Recalling in Dungeons

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I think this may have been mentioned before but check this patch note from Feb 98:

"Recall changes in dungeons:

* You can freely recall in and out of dungeons on the first level.
* On the second level of dungeons, you can recall out with no problems, but gating in becomes difficult because of the mass of stone and earth preventing you from forming a clear mental picture of the destination.
* Deeper into the dungeons, recall does not function at all. "

I had a look and could find no patch changing this back afterward so it would seem from the patch notes that this should be implemented. I better be clear that I didn't play during the era and am not an expert, I am merely bringing up the point and asking why T2A doesn't have this.

Faust

Re: Recalling in Dungeons

Post by Faust »

I do recall this during pre-t2a days. However, I also remember having runes marked in the 4th level of deceit and being able to recall in and out no problem with high and low level magery characters during the t2a era. I had a rune marked up on top of the stairs in level 4 that I used all the time, because people from guild wars wouldn't be able to gank as easily coming in at that spot. I also recalled in to the fire elemental lich spawn area with a farming dexer that had around 60ish magery. It is hard to tell when this was changed...

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

Seige Perilous was like this but I don't think the other shards were

Avitar

Post by Avitar »

BloodyBandage wrote:Seige Perilous was like this but I don't think the other shards were
Siege had no recall at all

http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/siege.shtml

alatar

Post by alatar »

I like this feature. Although it would make it quite hard to get around to pk people..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

tehre wa snever any recall restrictions on great lakes during t2a
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, we've seen this note and given it much discussion but there is no one that recalls this being in effect during the era. If it was implemented then removed the reversion never made it into the OSI patch notes.