You guys just made my year (new player)

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Adunaphel

You guys just made my year (new player)

Post by Adunaphel »

Hello everyone! Its been twelve long years, and it feels good to be back in the world of Britannia! Seriously, I was giddy with anticipation as this thing was downloading. Uo never felt the same after all the new bells and whistles were implemented, so seeing the old girl back in her old school glory is a real treat!

Im an old rper from the Sonoma shard, and while its probably a long shot, if there are any of you out there who remember the YMCA, Dark Tower, and the rest, Id love, love, love to hear from you so we can catch up on the old days.

That being said, where can a newbie like myself go to get some training? Any establishment out there that offer sparring, etc?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Adunaphel

Hamrlik
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: You guys just made my year (new player)

Post by Hamrlik »

Welcome to UOSA!

First tip: Sparring with another player isn't a good way to raise your melee skill here. Try hitting on a hired NPC or just about anything other than a player.

You'll always find a bunch of helpful people (and a maybe few trolls) on IRC and the forums and there are many guilds that help new players. Make sure you read the beginner's guide in the wiki, and search the forum for guides if you're not sure about detailed/specific mechanics of the exact era reproduced on this shard.

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

Im from T2A Sonoma as well. My main was CANDY MAN. I also remember the YMCA and Dark Tower. I visited the YMCA here and there but was not a regular. What was your name on Sonoma? We may have crossed paths...or swords.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

way too many candy mans on sonoma

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

I know there were but I was the first one and the only one with all caps that i saw. Ran around with ICECREAM MAN, Menace, Turk, Dark Knight, Typhoon, Bob the banker, Chicken George...among many

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

Strife from the original Sonoma Warlords (WL) guild here. I frequented the YMCA and Dark Tower often. Good friends with Alexander WL and helped lead the guild after Morthius let it go.
Your name sounds familiar.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

woot YMCA

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

Strife Wisehorn? Nice to see you, man! Adunaphel/Jorus C'baoth here. Nice to see that some of you guys are still kicking around.

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

Yep, that was me :)
Good to see you here too.
PM me if you need any help getting started up here.