Weapons not sharing timers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BloodyBandage

Weapons not sharing timers

Post by BloodyBandage »

I don't remember people using kat/hally and insert small wep/big wep as a tactic on real OSI. If this has proved to be accurate please ignore this but I feel weapons timers shouldn't be activated based on the previous weapon equipped. I used this tactic on another free shard with a kryss/longspear because the timers went off the previous weapon but I believe this is only a free shard implementation.

How it Was? Weapons reloaded their timers when equipped to avoid the cycling of weapons. I remember being beat down by qstaffs but never a qstaff/warhammer combo in the mix. Same with a katana. If people changed their weapon mid fight it was usually at their disadvantage since they had to wait for their timer to reset. However if someone was beating you with a katana, casted a spell, then equipped the hally it would insta hit. In coding language I'm not sure how that would work, probably if delay of weapon equipped has been met, then hit, if not timer resets similar to how archery works now. I think allowing the kat/hally to hit basically together is creating 65 dmg combos with just weapons that really never existed on the real OSI.

This is why archery has been so weak. Archery does not have the same type of combinations possible as the other weapons due to bow/heavy not being as effective as kat/hally. Back in the day the weapon timers would reset so the bow could hold its ground. We have been looking at the symptoms rather than the root cause which is weapons sharing the timers of the last one equipped. PvP will be a lot more interesting when you can't dual wield weapons :)

Derrick

Re: Weapons not sharing timers

Post by Derrick »

We've got a very demonstrateably accurate correction slated for the problem with the weapon timers which are consistent with the behavior you cited. Lacking the energy to explain it right now it can be summed up by saying the timers are applied "backwards" currently. We do plan to fix this, the difference in overall damage output over time is slight to nil, but the feel of it should be more correct.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

does this mean that the katana will swing fast after your hally hit? but if you hit with a kat then put hally on you have to wait for hally timer to reset? great post btw, i dont remember this being done on osi ever either.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

kill drizitz wrote:does this mean that the katana will swing fast after your hally hit? but if you hit with a kat then put hally on you have to wait for hally timer to reset? great post btw, i dont remember this being done on osi ever either.
That's how it's supposed to be. Not reset, but youll have to wait for the hally timer to be met. This kat kat insta hally hit was never on production shards.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

What ever happened to:

Equip hally
Unequip hally
Wait a few seconds
Equip hally
Walk towards your opponent and...

2 swings instantaneously!

Double hit was the shit.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Mirage wrote:
kill drizitz wrote:does this mean that the katana will swing fast after your hally hit? but if you hit with a kat then put hally on you have to wait for hally timer to reset? great post btw, i dont remember this being done on osi ever either.
That's how it's supposed to be. Not reset, but youll have to wait for the hally timer to be met. This kat kat insta hally hit was never on production shards.
Neither was an "instant" hally to kat timer. You would still have to wait out a halberd swing timer after switching to the katana. Honestly, I kind of like weapon behavior like that, but it is not accurate.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Arcanus wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Neither was an "instant" hally to kat timer. You would still have to wait out a halberd swing timer after switching to the katana. Honestly, I kind of like weapon behavior like that, but it is not accurate.

Yeah I'm agreeing with what you're stating here.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

Many results based on this discussion is up on the test uo second age server. The following address for this server is below. Please test it out and give feedback.

test.uosecondage.com:2593