OK whos next??

sakura

Re: Enriching the Dungeon Guard with Role Play

Post by sakura »

^_^

Mortpure

Post by Mortpure »

At a young age, Drizzt, like all kids in his tribe, was taken from his family. In this long forgotten matriarchal clan, kids were training battle tactics and black arts at an early stage of their lives. Drizzt never asked any questions about his family and origins. His youth was a long and harsh one...As he grew up, he started thinking about traveling, meeting other people and ultimately, figuring out if a peaceful life was possible. The day he finished his training, the full moon was high in the sky, as the reception was taking place. The moon, bloody red, was the symbol of Drizzt's people, and the representation of their godesses. Thinking about his life, he decided he had enough with violence and evil..As a slave for the mistresses for all of his life, he took the decision to exile himself. No one ever dared to go away and disrespect the High ones, but Drizzt didn't want more scars added on his body.

The fire was high, wine was flowing in possession of the matriarchs. They knew that each one of these slaves were gonna give their life for them, they had the power to control them by thinking only. One would not tough...As he stood up, Drizzt went quickly to his hut, took his scimitar, some food and water and was ready to go away.. As the fire was ferocious, the matriarchs were under the effects of alcohol, in extasy of their bright future. Suddenly, out of the shadows, a scimitar cut the head of one matriarchs. So swift and silent, no one saw what happened. When the body was found later that night, Drizzt was already far away in the mountains, hopefully walking to a brighter future.

Drizzt passed a few years alone in the woods, surviving by hunting and fishing. He knew that he had to accept his dark past to continue his journey. Only thinking about it would bring him into deep depression, so he decided to turn the page on his history and go forward..

The day he arrived at Britain, he was overwhelmed. People doing their business all around, people talking, drinking at inns with friends. It was what he searched for so long, he was finally ready to give his life a new birth. He passed the next few days meeting people, reading books talking about the lands and mythologies. To earn something to eat, he hunted with new found friends, who were impressed by his abilities and his learning capability. After some weeks, someone told him about groups of people fighting for good purposes. He decided to join them and was happy with his decision. He met Norris, who taught Drizzt many important things about the world, economics and jobs. Then Norris did the introduction to Haywyr. When Drizzt met Haywyr, he knew the veteran could teach him a lot of tricks, so he started his training under his new teacher. Lastly, as the time passed, he did learn to know Akari Moongate better, a young and fierce warrior. What surprised Drizzt, is the positive side Akari would bring to a group, one thing he never thought possible when thinking about his old and evil matriarchal tribe. Drizzt like to joke around when Akari is with him. Another good friendship starting, Drizzt's future, at last, finally looks bright.
Last edited by Mortpure on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mortpure

Post by Mortpure »

Btw, for grammatical errors, understand that i'm french hehe. And i know i can write so better in french but oh well. I'll edit it perhaps if i wanna change lil things, hope you like it! :)

sakura

Post by sakura »

Drizzt ^_^!! good job!! And dont worry about grammar :P
Hey Alex? What do you think?

Akari Moongate

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

That's pretty good man, though it does leave out the best character of all, Leo.

Alexandria Rose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alexandria Rose »

Yes Drizzt, this is very good indeed. The grammar is less important then the story itself.
One thing I find ironic, drizzt goes from an evil matriarchal society to Akari's matriarchal community in DG. ;)
Alex

sakura

Post by sakura »

I am not Smurfette!!!! >:(

Mortpure

Post by Mortpure »

As they were entering Terathan's Keep by the way of an obsure passage, Bruernor was following Haywyr, his mentor. In this place, no sunlights could penetrate the deep halls of the labyrinth....The only lights guiding Bruernor and his veteran hunter friend were the small candles ones, bringing them deeper with each step, in putrid, poisonous stench. The noises coming down from below would put fear inside the spirit of many..But with the help of his friend, Bruernor was keeping his calm and focus. Haywyr stopped walking and turned around.

- Are you ready my friend? said Haywyr.

- Yes, we shall purify this place...

As Haywyr passed the last light's source, Bruernor was staring at the flame of the torch, deep inside his thoughts...

The night was stormy, winds were strong, and the heavy rain could be heard on the hay's roof. Elizbeth was struggling and putting all her effort to bring her baby to life. Ludovic was trying hard to comfortate his long love. After a few hours, the rain did stop, winds were calm, and the howling of the wolves could be heard far away in the woods. Newly born, Bruernor's eyes were already lit with desire. As he grew up, his beloved mother was teaching him sciences and different arts, while his father, Ludovic the herald, was teaching him the way of the woods, teaching him everything he knew about animals, the flora and her different properties, and more importantly, he was teaching Bruernor the old way of musical arts.. His father was one of the last druids known in the peaceful region. As Bruernor was his only child, he decided to pass his knowledge to him wishing he would bring a brighter future for the people he would meet in his life.

The years passed, and Bruernor was now a man. Each day, he would train what his long gone father taught him. He was mastering different instruments and magics, and at the same time, he would take care of his sick mother with all the love he had. Elizbeth was proud of him. Bruernor became a goodhearted man, taking care of the small farm and her. The day Bruernor feared but anticipated had finally come. On a really bright morning of automn, Bruernor, next to his mother lying in her bed, was playing her favorite requiem. As the notes ended, Elizbeth's eyes closed for one last time, leaving a tear on Bruernor's cheek. The little valley never was more calm and serein.Only the sunlight was making his presence in this peaceful place, gently touching the colored leaves....

After a few weeks, with his mother buried next to her favorite spot at the small river, Bruernor made all the preparations for his journey. Resolved to bring his talent to a greater good, he left a toy in shape of a tambourine on the doorstep, mounted his horse, and went away as the first snow was falling, making the valley more sublime than ever...

After travelling for one month, he finally arrived to Britain. The great libraries brought him more detphs in his scholar's life. He started to meet new people within the company of the vigilant and the dungeon guards and decided to bring his help to their cause. Happy with this new start, Bruernor never forgot about his parent's teaching. He would make them proud by fighting evil, meeting goodhearted people, and perhaps love, within his new family. One person caught his attention tough. The mysterious Drizzt had some behaviors from time to time.... Bruernor felt strangely close to him. Only time would tell what could happen and expose itself...

As the light was disappearing more and more, unholy shadows lurked quickly...

-Are you ok my friend? You seem lost in your thoughts... said Haywyr.

-Yes, sorry about that, my thought distracted me it seems.

Haywyr turned around and disappeared in the darkness. Bruernor quickly started to follow him. Wearing an amical smile, Bruernor stepped in Haywyr's trail.

sakura

Post by sakura »

Hahahaha ^_^ (Drizzt nice)

Ok Alex... I think we are almost ready, just need 2 more stories that were promised to me: Breadman and Melryn

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

sakura wrote:I am not Smurfette!!!! >:(
I lol'd.

Awesome stories guys! I love UO based player stories.

chaosrook

Post by chaosrook »

I am Sir Henri Krumm, I was born to a humble fisherman and a tailors assistant on the outsirts of the great walled city of Trinsic. One day when I was young my father had heard of the growing opportunities available in the capital city for fisherman and took to the road for a trip to Britian to inquire with the harbor master there about the opportunities of joining a fishing boat...he never made it. My father had no money with him, only his old stained clothing, a few dried rations, a old beat up tome and they took nothing...only his life. I grew up wanting to make it right, you see he died by some sort of large bladed weapon and some sort of fiery spell had burned him badly. The roaming patrols found him half way to his destination. I had once heard stories of an Avatar whom destroyed the great enemy of the lands but where had he gone...where was he when my father needed him. I was determined to be that person. So when I was 16 I joined the Trinsic militia and started my journey. I learned the sword and the axe, the spear and the lance and I was motivated.
I moved up through the ranks and the day came many years later. Minax the witch of a wife of the enemy some how had come back from the dead and had massed an army to take my fair city. I can say that those days are a hard memory, many a friend made it not and yet I am not the same for it either. When it was all said and done we where siege 'd and freed and I was Knighted for my efforts. Although a bad wound to my left leg stole my strength of stance and my skill at swords has failed me. The Lord of Trinsic gave me praise and retired me from the militia and gave me some land off the the coast of Trinsic, the northern stretch of Barrier Island. With time on my hands and money in my pocket i dithered about...thinking about those old dreams and the same ol' desire to defend the citizen from the chaos that seems to never quite. That's when I found the bow...a natural fit and yet my injuries didn't hinder my ability to draw a critical shot. So time went by and practice turned to skill and my tactics offset my disabilities. I turned my focus to law and a lawman I became, Brigands finally would be brought to justice and that's what I did. But now I am much older and the world has changed, My friends of old are but faint memory and yet its a lonely road...And yet new life and new friends I have found. Let us strive together to bring this chaotic world back from the brink.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Driz said that Akari invited C^V members to post their stories too, so I'll repost my first one here also. Obviously trying for the more comedic route. ;)
A Bard's Tale, part 1

The door to the guild house flung open, hinges slamming with a loud crack. A tall imposing figure clad in iron armor, carrying sword on his hip and a shield on his back emblazoned with the crest of The Company of the Vigilant entered and then angrily slammed the door shut behind him and then turned to face the four figures playing cards at the table. The four cringed in unison.

Where is he? Shouted Pirul, Lord of C^V.

"Ugh, here we go again.." responded Cattie Brie

"Who?" asked Xevec, Counsel member of C^V. Atraxi and Faber remained quiet, they both sat back grinning, trying not to laugh.

"You know damn well where that boy is!" Thundered a deep and raspy voice from up the stairs as slowly down walked Haywyr, an older but tough and rugged looking man, though still looking much older than he probably rightfully should being either aged by adventure or from stress caused by the subject at question is debatable.

"He's at the tavern.." he pauses. "Or rather, by now, the Inn." He finishes with a chuckle.

"Fast worker" Faber mumbles under his breath and laughs.

"This isn't funny, Faber!" Pirul thunders.

"What did he do now?" Cattie asks.

Pirul hangs his shield and sword on a hook on the wall and then takes a seat at the table with the others and lets out a sigh.

"Well there are a couple very irrate farmers in Vesper. It seems one caught Huzke in his barn this morning with his daughter and the daughter of a neighboring farmer all three passed out, naked, and hung over." Pirul explains.

"Again?" Xevec asks.

"Yes, again." Pirul responds. "At this rate the fathers of Vesper are going to invade New Windmere with torches and pitchforks asking for that boy's head, and I'm inclined to let him deal with the matter on his own if he's going to continue with his promiscuity and bedding of every maiden he flashes a smile at."

"You may as well, he'll find a way out of it, he always does..not sure how most the time..but he does." The old man, Haywyr, says as he also slowly strolls over to the table and sits down.

"Like the time he and I escaped the orcs that ambushed us near the moongate by giving the female orc a flirtatious grin and playing his harp winning her over and convincing her to let us go." Atraxi, says.

"And how he always kept the bandits out of the guild house during the invasion by entertaining them with songs and making them forget what they were even there for, sometimes even turning them on each other." Xevec adds.

"And countless other times he's managed to get himself out of dire circumstances merely with words or wit, yes, yes, I get it. But this has got to stop! It's beginning to make us look un-virtuous!" Pirul replies.

"Calm down Pirul, were you not once a young man and did you not have an eye for young women?" Cattie says rhetorically.

"Ugh, yes of course but he does it so brazenly and it's got all the fathers of these two towns in an uproar." Pirul says.

"Well then let those fathers tend their daughters! We all know Huzke likes a certain type of girl and they're not with much virtue themselves, so who are these fathers to think our guild un-virtuous while their daughters are the ones falling for a silver tongue, a smile, and a pint of ale?" Haywyr interjects.

"I suppose" Pirul responds. "But it would be nice if he'd just tone it down a bit.."

"Good luck with that" Cattie says, as Faber and Atraxi respond with laughter.

Pirul groans.

sakura

Post by sakura »

This is funny... An good for the next step.... but right know we are just looking for background stories. Guess French boy did not make himself clear.... but i guess is a good way to know CV.

See after backgrounds are done.... we will get a bit serious with RPing... and then open a new place to put up journals and entries like the one you made to make things more interesting ingame.

^_^

Akari Moongate

sakura

Post by sakura »

chaosrook wrote:I am Sir Henri Krumm, I was born .
Krumm!! thanks for your story!! This is getting more and more interesting ^_^

Akari Moongate