Snooping is inaccurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Snooping is inaccurate

Post by Mens Rea »

My testing with the demo proves the following:

Let's say Player Mark has his backpack set up like this-

Main Pack > backpack 1 > backpack 2

In the demo if I walk up to this player, open his Main Pack, then open backpack 1 and then open backpack 2 and he runs away then his pack will autoclose - however if I walk up to him and press LastObject then backpack 2 will open.

The same applies for any containers inside the main pack, in the demo.

Currently on UOSA if you set an internal backpack to LastObject it is non-responsive - this is hugely inaccurate and I hope to see it addressed soon.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Snooping is inaccurate

Post by Kaivan »

I was unable to reproduce the results you produced on the demo, which is consistent with the mechanics regarding snooping nested packs.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I don't have access to the demo, but I vividly recall being able to snoop nested containers in every era on osi.

In fact, it seemed that many people didn't realize this was possible using the last object macro, so they would often place things several bags deep as a "deterrent".
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Snooping nested containers isn't the issue, its a matter of getting that container on last object and then snooping directly to that container without snooping the containers above it (after the above containers have closed on your screen). I could not reproduce this on the demo, and it was not a possible function during mid-T2A or UOR.

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

I'm going to use "backpack" and "pouch" to avoid confusion. Open someones BACKPACK. Open POUCH inside of it or try (last object). Mark runs away and bags close. Last object opens the pouch without the backpack. The way it has always been. I vividly remember this from Sonoma T2A on.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I don't think you're doing it right Kaivan - I got it to work just fine?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Berock Shagando wrote:I'm going to use "backpack" and "pouch" to avoid confusion. Open someones BACKPACK. Open POUCH inside of it or try (last object). Mark runs away and bags close. Last object opens the pouch without the backpack. The way it has always been. I vividly remember this from Sonoma T2A on.
This was tested with a variety of containers including backpacks, pouches, bags, and small wooden boxes (large ones aren't movable in the demo). None of them produced any different result.
Mens Rea wrote:I don't think you're doing it right Kaivan - I got it to work just fine?
There isn't really much to do. Just snoop another player who has two nested containers of any type until you reach the deepest container. Close the containers yourself or have the other player run far enough away for them to automatically close. Have the other player stand in snooping range after the containers are closed, and hit a last object macro. Nothing happens.