The Corroded Sword's Vengeful Lament

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
JoshuaLeeIII

The Corroded Sword's Vengeful Lament

Post by JoshuaLeeIII »

Last thought memories of a time not so long ago when the winds hastened with vigilant temperance. Surrounded by endless trees near the edge of the old dirt road leading out of Britain. Kneeling against an old gravestone I feel my armor beginning to dig into my shoulders. Wavering in and our of focus, I can only make out the markings of a name from the glimmer of the campfire.

The epitaph read; "Here lies Sir Henry Florence, who fought and died for his brothers."

I slowly rose to my feet and I could only help but grin as I stood here standing against time itself. The adventures I have had felt like the best dreams to ever come true. The endless battles weighing heavily upon my soul, but not this day. This day I ride towards the east, and I hope I don't ever stop, I thought to myself.

A bottle of ale drops to the ground and the warrior passes out on the cold dew wet grass.

Dreams. Horrible dreams. The ones they call nightmares in the passing of the cold nights atop dagger isle. A tremble in the wake, the ground shaking furthermore below. Falling deeper through the abysmal trenches of the subconscious. Pools of blood ripple like echoes of the violent screams of the past. The dark ones all around and outnumbering as I dive for my last remaining sword. As they drag me deeper into the abyss I barely manage to grasp my blade and sever the devils arm.

Ascending. Rising beyond the clouds. Reaching my hand out to the sky above..one, two, blinks and I awake.

JoshuaLeeIII

Re: The Corroded Sword's Vengeful Lament

Post by JoshuaLeeIII »

My dear friend,

I have traveled the world and seen many things,
glossy statues and priceless lore,
candlelit altars that we do adore.

I have touched the souls of millions,
shiny red hope that fades nonetheless,
the infamous light in the darkness.

I have scribed countless masterpieces,
urban gods of legend,
edged in stone throughout the lands.

I have sang to the faint of heart,
outstretched chords releasing a revelation,
piercing the silence tranquil lamentation.

I have spoken to the earthbound spirits,
another world another place cold and distant,
swimming like fishes and they are not so hesitant.

Merciful a kind of heart.
Absorbed chrono.
Prophet of time.
These old eyes, of a defiant prince.
Compassionate sage, the unmarked saint.

These things that I have done,
these places that I have been,
These things that I am.

My dear friend,
yet you know me not.

Geordi La Forge

Re: The Corroded Sword's Vengeful Lament