How to avoid getting PK'd

andersej

Re: How to avoid getting PK'd

Post by andersej »

How to avoid being pk'd:
#1.) When you see a red turn at him and start casting! they get scared if you start with offence lol.
(dont say you guys dont either cause ive seen it. gankin nubies hahhahaha)
This message has been approved by a Tank

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Saying that no one can reveal you once you've hit that macro is kind of destructive. Someone with detect hidden can easily reveal you fast enough and if they're with someone that already has you on last target with a spell already precast then you 'might' get interrupted and if they're right on top of you with a melee weapon and you have 0 wrestling you WILL get interrupted. Population Kontrol and Terror Guard regularly use characters with detect hidden and tracking as well as some other PK's and PK groups.

It's not solo PK's you need to worry about anyway, it's groups like TG and PK that are organized and good at what they do. The Recall/Invis item macro is one of the most important keys to survivability but it's not the only key and arguing against wrestling simply because you have this macro is somewhat destructive to people that are reading this thread to learn the BEST ways to avoid being PK'd. So the best way to avoid being PK'd is to keep Magic Reflect up as often as you possibly can, have GM wrestling (though 80 wrestling seems workable from recent experiences I've had on a stealth miner), and using the recall/invis macro as described by the OP. With these things combined I'd be shocked if you ever get PK'd unless you're in Terra keep where you can't recall out.

Simply put, wrestling banks you more loot.

Beatingu

Post by Beatingu »

People still farm?
Ardos wrote:I lost 1.1 mil to BeatingU today. I won the first one of three for 300k. Then he won 4 straight 2/3s and took me for 1.1 mil gold. I retract my statements and should not have dueled this rusty.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I do and will more. Been basically crafting to take advantage of this downtime it seems to be faster easier loot without much competition. I am sure there will be some IDOCs soon. You already see people selling alot of estate.

They will be back...UOSA is a smooth ride.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Beatingu wrote:People still farm?
Lol, yes when was the last time you played outside of trammel? = P

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

andersej wrote:How to avoid being pk'd:
#1.) When you see a red turn at him and start casting! they get scared if you start with offence lol.
Oooh... look out for Magic Reflection! A PK will be prepared when they attack, and will have their Reflect up.

Before I knew about Magic Reflect, a PK attacked me and my friend while we are at Yew Liches. The PK cast magic arrow on me, which didn't bother me, I just thought... why is he attacking me with that little spell? My friend saw I was being attacked, and cast an Energy Bolt on the PK... which was reflected! The PK defeated us 1v2 - I was killed, and my friend ran away.

We were impressed, the PK was a pro. My friend and I were both built characters - he was a 7xGM Mage/Bard, and I was a nearly a GM Warrior. So we weren't freshly created characters! But we knew very little about PvP...
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

andersej

Post by andersej »

Zelek Uther wrote:
andersej wrote:How to avoid being pk'd:
Oooh... look out for Magic Reflection! A PK will be prepared when they attack, and will have their Reflect up.

Before I knew about Magic Reflect, a PK attacked me and my friend while we are at Yew Liches. The PK cast magic arrow on me, which didn't bother me, I just thought... why is he attacking me with that little spell? My friend saw I was being attacked, and cast an Energy Bolt on the PK... which was reflected! The PK defeated us 1v2 - I was killed, and my friend ran away.

We were impressed, the PK was a pro. My friend and I were both built characters - he was a 7xGM Mage/Bard, and I was a nearly a GM Warrior. So we weren't freshly created characters! But we knew very little about PvP...
Aye, The first spell that comes from me is (harm) every time no matter what. 2nd you say? Weaken
then you know your ready to unload.
This message has been approved by a Tank

morganm

Post by morganm »

Ya ya ya... there's a counter to everything... that's UO.... this macro is a 99% solution and that's just fine! So that one time someone actually does detect and dissrupt or uses an area of effect spell to dissrupt and flush you out and you die... well how many times did you get away before that happend? 10? 50? You're going to die to a PK some time; just take precautions from the many "how to not get PK'd threads" and you'll be fine 9 times out of 10.

My 'escape' macro is simply Cast Recall > Target Rune and 9 times out of 10 I make it out just fine. I will say I'm a proponent of wrestling... It's really helped on several occasions. Even something as stupid as getting corned by mobs and trying to teleport out.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

If you're farming without hiding, I think you're silly personally. I notice that when I just drop EV's on the spawn and hide...or provoke the spawn and hide...that pk's rarely find me.

Then when they do, if they JUST happen to see me in the moments I am visible, I have a recall macro. I keep MR up. I keep Reactive Armor cast. I get away almost everytime.

So yeah, best farming tactic is hiding. You don't get seen by ghost cams, and when they run in looking for someone..."you're not there".

Another good tactic to avoid getting PK'd is to make a Stealth Lockpicker and a Tamer or a Provoker.

Have your stealth lockpicker there to loot and rez and hold all the stuffs.
Use your provoker tamer with nothing on you...use a newbie instrument.
This completely confuses the PK's. LOL.

Just let them kill your provoker bard when they show up...or you can try to recall out.
Personally, I find it easier to just rez him after they leave and keep going, heh.

There's my 2 cents on this topic.

-Lightshade
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Light Shade wrote:Have your stealth lockpicker there to loot and rez and hold all the stuffs.
Use your provoker tamer with nothing on you...use a newbie instrument.
This completely confuses the PK's. LOL.
lol, awesome

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I'm Winning.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro