C^V Request for town addons

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should C^V get town addons for New Windmere

Aye
84%
Nay
16%

Total votes: 116

Pirul

C^V Request for town addons

Post by Pirul »

Over a year ago, a small guild called Fellowship of Windmere came into existence. A guild dedicated to fight griefers and help new players get established in UOSA. After some ups and downs, the guild decided to regroup and reform into what is now The Company of the Vigilant. For over a year we have kept activity strong for veteran and new players alike. We have held community-wide events, provided services within our town, and are a very active guild.

We have made contributions to the community, in the way of events. We have held skill-building events for both members and non-members. More recently, we have also held some unique events including the Extreme Survival Event at the Jhelom pits, and, more recently, the brigand invasion of New Windmere and Vesper, which we have been told sets the record for the longest-running continuous player-run event in UOSA history. For those of you who enjoyed our last one, Atraxi has informed me that he is in the process of writing another. Stay tuned for more info on that. In addition to those events, we also try to participate in player organized, as well as the server's automated events, such as Capture the Flag, Tournaments, Survival and Double Domination. Most importantly, we are very active, hunting nightly, and involved in all aspects of UO, from PvP to PvM to Crafting, and we are pretty sure you have seen us in the field, or traded with us at one time or another. Some of our most recognizable members are Atraxi (aka Gallifrean), Cattie B (aka Bregan D'aerthe), Huzke Truthseekr, Orphik Deranger, Theograd, Xevec (aka Aetius, Lucretia) and myself (aka Mercury, among others).

Our town, New Windmere, has many services that benefit the community at large. We have a complete Rune Library and a public black dye tub (which sits in our public craft hall). In the past, we had one single vendor building called the C^V Mini Mall. Since our town's expansion, our vendors have spread out. We now have many vendor shops throughout our town, which, all combined, offer almost anything you might want to buy from a player vendor. We also are putting together a few houses that are to be set aside for use as new player housing.

We try to give New Windmere a very RP feel. Our vendors reside in themed shops, and some of our houses are to be deco'ed as RP buildings. I would go into detail, but it would spoil the surprise :P If you seek an example, however, you can go check out the Blue Oyster Tavern, along the southern edge of our town.

This is a long post, however, I feel it is necessary to demonstrate why we feel we are not only eligible, but very deserving of adding a few visual improvements to our town. We are not seeking anything over the top (like a huge statue, or water fountain), but we would like some things here and there. We were thinking some simple things, like maybe a couple of signs, or a bulletin board. We would really like a small memorial to our founder, benny, who is no longer with us. These are not only for our enjoyment, but also for the enjoyment of those who seek to use our town's facilities. Furthermore, shall we have the community's approval, these add-ons would not only be paid for in terms of resources, but would also be "created" by the finest craftmen and women in the land in, player organized, public crafting events hosted by the Company of the Vigilant.

Thank you for your consideration.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Apoc

Re: C^V Request for town addons

Post by Apoc »

I Back the add ons 100% Goodluck

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Pirul wrote:For those of you who enjoyed our last one, Atraxi has informed me that he is in the process of writing another. Stay tuned for more info on that...Furthermore, shall we have the community's approval, these add-ons would not only be paid for in terms of resources, but would also be "created" by the finest craftmen and women in the land in, player organized, public crafting events hosted by the Company of the Vigilant.
Aye, we have many more events planned for the future. I am working on a couple right now. I am holding off doing too much work on the crafting events until I see how this poll goes. I'm sifting through ideas in my head, but putting things down on paper has been placed on the back burner.

We feel we deserve these, and we have ideas why. However, what we believe doesn't really matter. Most important is how you guys feel about us. We want to know what you think.

Why did you vote Aye?
Why did you vote Nay?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I voted aye because I like C^V, but theres been tons of add on requests lately so I hesitated a bit. In 6 months we're going to have several dead towns with add ons, which is basically just litter at that point.
:|

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

The good thing about C^V's town is that it begins as soon as you step off the NW Vesper bridge and runs the length of the Vesper border on both sides of the road from the North coast to the Graveyard (can be seen on Pirul's signature), so the town is highly visible and accessible even to new players that aren't recalling around to hotspots only and travel on foot/horse primarily. I spend a large portion of my time in game seeking out new players making sure they're hunting safely around the town/graveyard buffing and resurrecting people and providing advice or help (but not hand outs).

So, while C^V is active and has already been around for a while, the add-ons will never be wasted and will be some of the more easily accessible (and thus more easily enjoyable) on the server.

In addition to the reasons stated previously as to why C^V is deserving of add ons, these are reasons I feel C^V's add ons will be enjoyable for the entire server and not just primarily C^V.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Panthor the Hated wrote:I voted aye because I like C^V, but theres been tons of add on requests lately so I hesitated a bit. In 6 months we're going to have several dead towns with add ons, which is basically just litter at that point.
:|
Aye, but New Windmere won't be one of those towns. We may have undergone several changed over the last year or so, but we have been steadily active that whole time.

We aren't going anywhere. Any addons we recieve will be in use far into the future.

Actually, the other guilds asking caused us to pause for a long time. We had actually planned on asking right in the middle of our event, but when the other guilds asked, we decided to wait. Then after the event ended much better than we expected, which a much bigger turnout, we thought it was a good time to go ahead and try.

I don't know what the other guilds will do in the future, but just look at our track record. We've been around for quite a while, have been very active that entire time, and have no plans to die any time soon.

Plus, as Huzke stated, our close proximity to Vesper means that our addons will be much easier for others to enjoy, especially new players, simply due to their convenience.

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

Personally I've been here for over 2 years, addiction to pixels is still going strong so I dont see myself going anywhere.
People do come and go, but C^V is always at least 10 active strong. We gain some we loose some, this is true with any game.
I know its not OMG Big guild!! But its enough to help UOSA.
I voted yes because I know the work that was put into the town, I know that we help players daily and give it the community feel that we all enjoy.

Thanks for your consideration

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Thnx to everybody for their support and replies.

Would like to hear from the 4 people who have so far voted nay to understand what we need to improve to be worthy of these addons in your point of view.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Aye, There isn't a more deserving group on UOSA, they host events, see them through and help anyone they come across whole heartedly.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

So far, lots of people have voted, yet almost no one has explained their votes.

Six people have voted "nay", but I haven't seen anyone explain why. Is there a reason you voted no? As Pirul said, we would like to know what we can do to improve ourselves. If you feel we don't deserve these, please explain why.

Same goes for the Aye's, as well. We would like to hear your opinions on why you feel we do deserve them.

Let's get some conversation going! :D

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I voted Yes for Town Add-Ons for C^V.

They've been involved all over the shard for quite some time. They are always there when someone needs help whether it be the new guy in IRC or entire guilds needing backup. They're active in the entire community and are constantly helping others. They are always willing to jump in or help with events.

The area of their town presents Unique Opportunities for Town Add-Ons that I would love to see. I look forward to seeing what can be done, to future C^V events, and to future collaborations with the other guilds of UOSA.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Yeppers.

They're always running around helping everybody with stuff. Fun group of people. They're always down with random events whether it be their own or others.

~Smithy
Special Projects Minion.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Atraxi wrote:Six people have voted "nay", but I haven't seen anyone explain why. Is there a reason you voted no?
I was in fact the first Nay vote. It's nothing personal, you guys seem solid. I believe I stated this in another request for add-ons, but I will continue to vote against these until there seems to be a system in place for maintaining and removing add-ons when and if these towns become abandoned. You can say that's not gonna happen to you and truly believe it, but I will look at the history of this shard and claim the opposite is much more likely. I love the staff here, but take a look around Turtle Bay (not the only example by the way). Perhaps keeping up on these is just too much to manage. If that's the case, that's fine, but I don't think any should be given out then.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

My understanding is that there is an upkeep system, though it would be nice to have more information on it.

I believe ACE and T^B's add ons have lasted so long without upkeep because they are grandfathered into the old system.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Fair enough Applejack, thank you for the reply. It's nice to know at least one of the nay votes is due to either a dislike or misunderstanding of the system and not a reflection of C^V itself.

I believe there is a monthly upkeep cost system but, like panthor stated, I haven't actually seen what it's based on. Maybe the upkeep is tied to a characters bank account and taken directly out and if that character has enough gold to sustain the upkeep costs for many months without being active then that's what's keeping the outdated add-ons from decaying? Just a theory, I obviously have no idea how it works but would love to know!