Horse stamina bug

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ranger

Horse stamina bug

Post by ranger »

I know it exists and have used it. Get off and "all follow me" or w/e. (Figured it out when I was being chased by noob swordie reds and saw them do it after a loosing scrap of going back and forth)
I get the server is supposed to be "era accurate", but is it ok to have bugs left in it like this one that impact more than just for fun things?
My understanding and view of the server right now is if there was a bug that existed in the era that broke the game it would be in for the sake of accuracy.
When I saw a thread earlier about correcting horse stamina I thought "What's the point with the bug?".
I did a search and after ten minutes of reading I didn't really find an answer to a definite yes or no, so I was wondering because it's ridiculous and the last thread was like almost a year old now, will this bug ever be removed?
I personally would like accuracy without game-impacting bugs that existed and weren't "meant" to be in game... But that's just me and I haven't been here as long as everyone else I'm sure...
Last edited by ranger on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Horse stanima bug

Post by Panthor the Hated »

game still works with this bug and its accurate

its actually better than the infinite stam we had

ranger

Re: Horse stanima bug

Post by ranger »

As in, no need to even use this bug run all over the map infinite... Wow. xD
Thanks for taking my example literally and totally missing the point as well.
I guess certain bugs get taken out and others left in? I get that people like running around infinitely, but it's stupid and defeats the pets even having stamina from begin with era accurate or not.
Oh, and I don't PK, I'm the one that runs away when PKs arrive and use this bug to escape and even I think it's stupid. Something to think about.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Horse stamina bug

we used to have infinite stam, which is why I mentioned it. It was that way for a long while. Thanks for missing my point.

The way we have it will remain unless its proven to be inaccurate.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is not considered a bug. This was an intentional mechanic on OSI.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ranger

Post by ranger »

Oh the taking the thing literally and missing the point was directed to the "game still works with this bug" part. My mistake for not clarifying that, some sarcasm there.

It really is intended? Since joining I thought it was a bug. It seems kind of random and silly to not be one. But oh well. xP
I still want to say that I suggest it be removed to make the server better. ^^'

Also, whenever I have tried to kill a PKers horse when they confront me and end up using this, I get a dialog box and I think it'll count against me and turn me grey if I start attacking their horse, right? Can that be changed at least if this can't? It doesn't seem right to turn freely attackable by anyone else without penalty when fighting a red due to this feature. Really the only thing that's happening is making it harder for the blue guy. Sorry it's a "bit" off topic but it applies to people using this feature in battle.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:This is not considered a bug. This was an intentional mechanic on OSI.
My understanding of why this is the way it is, is that the pet would always have stamina in follow mode, however, I doubt they intended for this to ever be a magical infinite stamina feature. Can you explain how this is an intentional mechanic and not a bug?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Does it really matter, Matron? :|

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

ranger wrote:Also, whenever I have tried to kill a PKers horse when they confront me and end up using this, I get a dialog box and I think it'll count against me and turn me grey if I start attacking their horse, right?
Someone had mentioned that in during the T2A era, a murderer's pet(s) would always be flagged grey.

I'm not sure if anyone ever disproved this... Would be nice for some clarification on the subject.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pet flags were always completely independent of their owner.. it's documented on stratics too
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Does it really matter, Matron? :|
Yes it does.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I disagree, Matron.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

My question is why can players run without really breaking a sweat?

Let me guess, trammel tourneys right?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

ranger

Post by ranger »

Pets did get changed where they are red if their owner is. It's gonna suck, but I know it's not in era, I looked it up. Well it proves they haven't "always" been like that at least. I have a playbook from back when but it doesn't give very detailed information, and finding this stuff is hard, or I'm just bad at it. :/

Btw, I agree with Matron. Maybe a fix is not restoring all stamina but a percent of it's maximum so it is used like it was meant to be used if it was put in so they don't run out of stamina when following?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:My question is why can players run without really breaking a sweat?

Let me guess, trammel tourneys right?
huh?

Also, the point of the shard isn't to recreate t2a but change whatever we don't like, which is what Matron appears to be proposing. Era accurate non game breaking bugs, features, side effects whatever you want to call them will remain even if its not convenient for some play styles.