Explode pots in tourney's...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Tyl0r

Explode pots in tourney's...

Post by Tyl0r »

I was wondering if anyone out there that has a 150+ ping can, or has ever figured out how to throw explode pots in a magics tournament. I literally cannot do it by hand, with a macro, with anything... it's entirely inconsistent. MOST of the time it lands at my feet and I take all of the damage, SOMETIMES I throw it at 2 seconds and it goes and lands correctly, sometimes it's 1 second, most of the time it just plain doesn't work by hand or with a macro ever and I hit myself. This is the ONLY reason I lose tournaments is because I cannot chase my opponent (with explode pots throwing when he's low and running for his life) and finish them off when they fail to apply a bandage (poison or otherwise) or just simply take a ton of damage and start running from me. What am I supposed to do? Just not play in them because I live on the west coast? It seems pretty lame that a purple potion determines my character that I just spent a ton of time and gold (reflect jewelry the whole 9 yards) on is worthless if you want to win.

But seriously why even allow explode pots? (Yes I know you are going to argue the matches would take forever, but seriously theres like 10 participants in magics so who cares) I don't mind getting my ass kicked by explode pots in world pvp... it sux too but in tournaments if you can't use them because of you live on the West Coast you can't win. You should never have it be THAT based on ping. Or you should just say... "If you live near Texas you can enter magics tourneys otherwise don't waste your time kthx bai"...

Just my 2 cents... I think they should be disallowed

Edit: No my internet doesn't suck it's extremely good... but I still ping 150ish... every other game I play (tons) are hella fast... I'm also a network admin so I don't need internet/routing lectures lmao that's not the problem. Explode pots are based on absolute critical latency timings to hit your opponent and not hit you and that won't happen from Oregon to Texas. I suggest getting rid of them in tourneys.

Sandro

Re: Explode pots in tourney's...

Post by Sandro »

Just play in standard tournaments that don't allow potions, simple fix.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Tyl0r

Post by Tyl0r »

Well obviously Sandro but a simple fix that doesn't take into account the fact that I spent all this time doing poisoning, resist, reflect jewelry, supreme vanq weapons, invulnerable armor, protection jewelry, kegs of potions, the whole 9 yards so I could have fun and be competitive with my dexxer and you're telling me suddenly all that time and money (I've been playing for a few months on this shard) is now... worthless because of 1 stupid potion in the game that guys like you can heavily abuse because of your low ping but I can't?

But you think that's okay... because you win with them. Ya I get it.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I ping 210 and I don't even bother with purple potions, logically it doesnt seem possible to throw them with last target given you're throwing them at the spot that person was .21s ago (unless the targeted player is confirmed server side). As for chasing people for a killshot, you're outta luck. You won't be able to effectively play a dexer with a high ping since you're always chasing the spot the person was .15s ago (with 150 ping).

Just don't join the pot tournaments, pretty easy. There is no reason other people shouldn't be allowed to have a potion tournament just because you can't compete in them ;/
Last edited by nightshark on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

So, you're a network admin, fix your ping.

You want them to change the rules that have been in place for over 2 years now just because you can't throw explosion pots.

Sorry but that won't happen.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Tyl0r

Post by Tyl0r »

haha wow fail you can't "fix my ping" it doesn't work like that kid LOL... but since you have no idea what you are talking about I'll try not to embarrass you about how networking actually works. Plus if you actually read my post I already just told you I ping sub 30 in TONS of other games. I have THE best internet you can get around here, it's not my internet or derricks server stop talking about my internet it's not relevant to the post. The server is in TEXAS it physically will not let me throw explode pots because I live in OREGON. Even at my work where we have retardedly expensive business class internet connections I ping 145ish on each of those connections to here on OFF peak hours when nobody is at work.

and yes I do want them to change the rules... that way everybody can play fair. Just because something has been in place for X amount of time doesn't make it right. Things change all the time that have in place for a very long time. It's not fair unless you live near Texas, that's all.

Tyl0r

Post by Tyl0r »

Hey Nightshark I'm not talking about just me, I'm talking about you and everybody who doesn't live in Texas, including all of my friends that now play too. That's a lot of people... I'm only talking about one type of potion too, why don't they just make a separate tourney for them once a week if they "MUST HAVE" their shiny purple pots to win?

EDIT: Also you have two magics tournaments once per week, one on Saturday morning, and then one more on sunday night (my time) why not just make one of those one way and one of those the other way like I suggested? Why would that be a problem?

That's my suggestion anyway...
Last edited by Tyl0r on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

One of my players plays from Scotland and he does just fine throwing explosion pots. Two players from canada who also have no issue throwing pots. Sorry to hear that you have this problem from within the states.
Tyl0r wrote: I'm only talking about one type of potion too, why don't they just make a separate tourney for them once a week if they "MUST HAVE" their shiny purple pots to win?
They do, magic tournaments happen twice a week.

Tyl0r

Post by Tyl0r »

What do those players from Scotland etc. ping? because if they ping above 150 I'd very much like to know how they are doing it because I've tested the shit out of it in my tower and elsewhere and it simply doesn't work...

It's possible they are doing something differently too, in which case I would LOVE to know what.

Tyl0r

Post by Tyl0r »

Tyl0r wrote: I'm only talking about one type of potion too, why don't they just make a separate tourney for them once a week if they "MUST HAVE" their shiny purple pots to win?
Sandro wrote: They do, magic tournaments happen twice a week.
Right but I'm talking about taking the two magics tourneys that currently exist and splitting them up creating a new type of one, one allows purple pots, the other doesn't. One on Saturday, the other one on Sunday. Well according to the EST schedule it would be Monday (approx 5 hours from right now)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Just assign purple pots to a use once agent,Spam it as you run at them and put "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE" in your Macro :lol:

A least you will die with class :wink:

Reminds me of the time I came back to my looted body where only a poison potion remained and I attacked those standing around it after drinking it frothing at the mouth swinging my newbie sword at them naked except my deathrobe :lol:

"I have come to die" :lol:

Believe it or not they were a little freaked out...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Admittedly it's tough with a low ping, but it's still doable. You just have to toss them earlier. With people on foot, and in that small area, it's definitely possible to toss them a little earlier than the "perfect" moment, and still get a hit. It's tough with a good ping to perfect it too though... in fact, it's probably impossible, and I suspect there is some variability in the timing because I was never able to make a purple potion macro that worked consistently, and I probably spent 5 hours over the course of my time here trying.

Watch Sandro use them though, he has the right idea... get yourself an advantage in the fight, and then just spam them every 3 seconds. If I'm at 120 and you're at 80, I'll gladly have us both take potion hits constantly.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Ping means a lot with explo pots. Sometimes mine hit other times not because my ping goes up and down randomly.

I just don't use them much, besides explo pots make people run and only kill someone overtime. I would rather just time a spell combo and kill someone instantly than to spam anything.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i know people from england who ping 150-180 who can throw them perfectly well. as long as your ping is stable, it shouldn't be any more difficult than someone who pings low. practice more.

Beatingu

Post by Beatingu »

I'm east coast of Canada, zero problem tossing them perfectly. He'll I win magics tourneys on my Mage when Sandro doesn't enter on drax.
Ardos wrote:I lost 1.1 mil to BeatingU today. I won the first one of three for 300k. Then he won 4 straight 2/3s and took me for 1.1 mil gold. I retract my statements and should not have dueled this rusty.