Fix for tournament

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Fix for tournament

Post by Mens Rea »

The red gate to Buc's needs to be altered.

Reds need a safe place to be able to teleport to, because to be honest walking through the gate to find oneself surrounded by boxes and 4 dexer orcs is quite an insulting way to die and lose my awesome 1v1 trophy.

Perhaps there is somewhere better to teleport reds to, somewhere this lame shit isn't going to happen.

Derrick

Re: Fix for tournament

Post by Derrick »

Any valuables can be banked at the arena, and you can recall out of the tournament area. I don't hear a suggestion here, what would be a safe place for that gate to go to?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I can't remember which but there is a tournament/event waiting area which cannot be recalled out of.

In any circumstance, doesn't it at least seem somewhat exploitative when to leave the arena reds always appear in the same square, and can be insta-killed (boxes around the square with 4 dexers either side) just for the sake of attending a tourney. Perhaps, just to mitigate the certainty of death in this situation, make reds appear in random/difference places around Bucs once they walk through the tourney gate.

Also, the gate which takes reds to the tourney should be classed as an item which blocks the wall spell. Recalling in and having the gate walled over is lame in itself.

Sivrik

Post by Sivrik »

I actually agree with this. Make it so that when you enter the red gate you pop up in a random area around bucs bank. I died yesterday to orcs as well because they boxed the area you pop up in and insta killed people :/
Clyde: if ur better than me u cheat..straight up

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Working on this.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

I don't think you can recall from every tournament area. I thought I remember trying to recall from one a particular time but couldn't. :(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, the CTF and DD join areas are in the lost lands :/

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Mens Rea wrote:The red gate to Buc's needs to be altered.

Reds need a safe place to be able to teleport to, because to be honest walking through the gate to find oneself surrounded by boxes and 4 dexer orcs is quite an insulting way to die and lose my awesome 1v1 trophy.

Perhaps there is somewhere better to teleport reds to, somewhere this lame shit isn't going to happen.
To be fair...it was eight orcs :-)

BTW, My apologies for this. We were testing a tactic but obviously it would be no fun for anyone if this became some nightly thing. I agree with the suggestion of a random pop out point.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Welcome back Ronk.

This feature has been coded into the gates and we'll re-configure em as soon as we can today.