WL -The next step

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

WL -The next step

Post by Plague »

The town of Black Gate is nearing completion. Most of the houses are all decorated and many are now public. At the north end we have some small houses available to help newer members get started. Also, we’re doing dueling sessions at the castle pretty regularly and our rune library is one of the best on the shard. The vendor shop is doing some business, but there are some vacancies available to WL members. As for recruitment, we’re still fairly strict about who gets into WL and we have some great up-and-coming members in addition to the veterans. So, the question is: What should WL do next?

More regular, scheduled guild activities
Finish acquiring properties in Black Gate
Bring in more vendors to the shop
Get a public event going
GM improvements (ideas?)
Recruit more members
More training sessions (pvp, taming...)
Get a guild website going
Ventrilo?

Any input from the community is valuable and appreciated so please don’t hold back

Deco’ed properties in Black Gate:
Castle - Bulletin and Bounty Boards
Dock House - port for the WL Navy
double u el (Scooby) - general meeting spot with rune books
Stable (no stable master as of yet)
Carpentry shop
Herbalist
Black Gate Bastille
Extensive rune library (directly behind the castle)
Foundry
Black Gate Inn and Spirits

Thanx people
Joe Strummer

Last edited by Plague on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Downs

Re: WL Addons

Post by Downs »

you want community approval or ideas for add ons?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Plague »

sorry didnt state that did I ...... well was looking for approval of course but mostly feedback atm ill edit that thanx man

shuar

Post by shuar »

I personally approve. WL seems to be very active, for the most part mature and polite from those I've personally dealt with and has put together a nice town. I know there has already been some hard work decorating by some of you and wouldn't mind gm's adding some things.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

If you are seeking approval, you should put a poll on the thread.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Plague »

I am going to add a poll yes....as soon as i figure out how lol

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Before I vote, I have a few questions.

- how many ACTIVE members are there? Not characters, I mean individual players.
- what has your guild contributed to the shard. (i.e. Events, player run vendors, etc)
- what do you have planned as far as contributions are concerned?
- your town seems very secluded. How active is the town, itself? Are there players walking around there? If I walked into your town right now, would it feel like a ghost town?
- What does your town offer to players not in your guild? (i.e. vendors, event staging areas, or other services)
- Who owns the houses in the pic? Guild members, or are all owned by a couple people?

I ask because if I don't, someone else will. Having a town is the least of the addon requirements. The people who get addons are the ones that make major contributions or influences to the shard.

The best thing to ask is, if the entire guild vanished tomorrow, how long would it take for us to forget you? I didn't even know you guys had a town, or that WL was even active.

Please do not get angry or take offense. I'm trying to help. :)
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Only member I ever see is Upgrayedd and I just see him at IDOC's.

I went through this area yesterday marking IDOC's myself and didn't see 1 player there, just a bunch of houses that all say [WL] or Black Gate.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Plague »

we all work man :) on when we are able ....i rarely see you around anymore either

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Plague wrote:we all work man :) on when we are able ....i rarely see you around anymore either
Yeah but im not asking for town add-ons...
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

We're actually around there quite often, but our hours are usually during the daytime. Use of our shop comes in waves since we're so far out of the way of main towns or moongates. There are times when the town is empty, and other times when it's booming, really depends on time of day you visit.

And Sandro, you generally are found at idocs (which Up is usually around) or at the tournaments, but I rarely see you in the field when I'm on. This isn't meant to be a diss, just saying, we're around, but you need to be out and about to able to see us, none of us really participate in the tournaments besides me and a couple others occasionally.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I have seen upgrayedd at events (mainly CTF), but the only WL I know, or have seen in the "real world", is Hilik / Amabo...and that is not so often. I normally treck this are often, however, I will hold my vote for a few days to get a chance to walk this area and see how activity really is.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

I'd also like to add that our rune library (located behind our castle) is frequented heavily, especially for some of the books it contains that other libraries do not have.
The castle is also open and guilds and players other than WL are often found dueling on the roof and using the dueling supplies we leave out for public use.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

iamantitype wrote:We're actually around there quite often, but our hours are usually during the daytime. Use of our shop comes in waves since we're so far out of the way of main towns or moongates. There are times when the town is empty, and other times when it's booming, really depends on time of day you visit.

And Sandro, you generally are found at idocs (which Up is usually around) or at the tournaments, but I rarely see you in the field when I'm on. This isn't meant to be a diss, just saying, we're around, but you need to be out and about to able to see us, none of us really participate in the tournaments besides me and a couple others occasionally.
It has nothing to do with whether or not you are playing, or if I play for 5 minutes or 16 hours a day.. It's about your "town" being active, or is it a ghost town majority of the time? If there are some WL guild run events, I must be be overlooking them quite often as I don't see any in the player-run events forum.

You wanted an opinion from the community, and you're getting one. I'm not asking any of you to play "where I play" or the such. What I am saying is that everytime I have come to WL town (either checking for IDOC's or fighting near Ice Dungeon) there is absolutely nobody in that area, not even players afk macroing in the housing there. Seems like you're taking my post as an insult to your guild/town when im just stating what I see on each visit I have in the area.

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Plague »

Thats all we are really asking for man......every opion matters and thanx for the input