WL -The next step

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
iamantitype

Re: WL Addons

Post by iamantitype »

Sandro wrote:
iamantitype wrote:We're actually around there quite often, but our hours are usually during the daytime. Use of our shop comes in waves since we're so far out of the way of main towns or moongates. There are times when the town is empty, and other times when it's booming, really depends on time of day you visit.

And Sandro, you generally are found at idocs (which Up is usually around) or at the tournaments, but I rarely see you in the field when I'm on. This isn't meant to be a diss, just saying, we're around, but you need to be out and about to able to see us, none of us really participate in the tournaments besides me and a couple others occasionally.
It has nothing to do with whether or not you are playing, or if I play for 5 minutes or 16 hours a day.. It's about your "town" being active, or is it a ghost town majority of the time? If there are some WL guild run events, I must be be overlooking them quite often as I don't see any in the player-run events forum.

You wanted an opinion from the community, and you're getting one. I'm not asking any of you to play "where I play" or the such. What I am saying is that everytime I have come to WL town (either checking for IDOC's or fighting near Ice Dungeon) there is absolutely nobody in that area, not even players afk macroing in the housing there. Seems like you're taking my post as an insult to your guild/town when im just stating what I see on each visit I have in the area.

No, you read me wrong, not taking this as an insult at all. Just saying that if you're not around to see us around, then your point is not valid. Again, not meant to be a diss and I'm not being defensive. It's hard to communicate these things through a message board sometimes. I believe you have passed through from time to time and haven't seen anyone around...just like what happens at any and every player run area. I do know that our town is active a lot of the time, and at other times it may be empty.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Very active guild. +1

They should get some addons.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

It's not just a matter of the guild being active. What events have you hosted, or plan on hosting? What do you contribute?

I really don't even know what WL is. What is your guild about? Pk, anti-pk, pvp, pvm, etc? I'm with Pirul in that the only WL I see is Hilik/Amabo, and I dont see him much.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Plague »

I see what your saying and appreciate it 100% I maybe started this out wrong. We are fairly active and are wanting input on the next step we should take for community awareness.I'm going to reword my original post to explain myself better. Working on that now.

Thanx tons

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Ok I misunderstood. I thought that you were asking for them, but youre asking what you need to do to get yes votes in the future, correct?

If thats the case, you don't need the poll unless your just curious as to how we would vote.

In answer to your question, here are some ideas:
- player-run events are a must, at least for a yes from me. You don't have to have a bunch of them. Just enough to make us remember you.
- useful services in your town. I see that someone mentioned that you have a rune library and dueling area. Thats good. You could try some player vendors, or a crafting hall.

I'm sure other people will have some good suggestions too.

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: WL -The next step

Post by Plague »

I have rectified my original post...hopefully it explains it better

again Thanx

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Okay, that OP is much better. I would say that if you asked right now, the main things keeping me from voting yes are lack of events, and lack of community presence, which events would help with.

And I know this seems small, but to help show us that you are active, you might try putting references to WL in your forum sig. You don't have to go all out like I do but just something so that as you make forum posts, we see WL from time to time. It's not as important as in-game presence but it would definitely help.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Sandro wrote:Only member I ever see is Upgrayedd and I just see him at IDOC's.
Come outta tram and you'd see more WL's :lol:
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I see WL members quite often. I say yes to add-ons if you guys host an event or two. 1v1 tourney, gambling, auction, crafting tourney ect.

We need player-run events because it really helps the community feel more lively.

BenBrawl wrote:
Sandro wrote:Only member I ever see is Upgrayedd and I just see him at IDOC's.
Come outta tram and you'd see more WL's :lol:

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

I see WL members all the time, they seem very active to me. My concern about voting yes to add-ons is that usually when i see WL members outside of town they're running in groups trying to take my cookies. If the community were to vote yes on town add-ons would the community ever get to enjoy them or would they just get jumped in Black Gate?

I have absolutely no issues with people playing PK's and thieves and feel they're a valued sect of the community as much as anyone else because without guilds like WL the game would be boring and bland but it would be silly to ask the community to vote yes on something they'll never get to share the enjoyment in.

But as far as activity, this guild definitely has it.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Huzke wrote:I see WL members all the time, they seem very active to me. My concern about voting yes to add-ons is that usually when i see WL members outside of town they're running in groups trying to take my cookies. If the community were to vote yes on town add-ons would the community ever get to enjoy them or would they just get jumped in Black Gate?

I have absolutely no issues with people playing PK's and thieves and feel they're a valued sect of the community as much as anyone else because without guilds like WL the game would be boring and bland but it would be silly to ask the community to vote yes on something they'll never get to share the enjoyment in.

But as far as activity, this guild definitely has it.

Our #1 rule is no attacking in Black Gate unless someone attacks first.
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Hosts 2-3 events and you got mine and MANY others votes!

You are certainly active, but it takes more than that to get town ad-ons.

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

Sure, we give add-ons to the WL's and then no one will ever be around as it turns into a ghost town. Anyone seen DG town lately? It's another case of everybody whines until they get what they want then the guild disbands or no one bothers to log on anymore. I say that you have to have at least 100 ACTIVE members before your guild gets ANYTHING.

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Plague »

No one here is whining man......I understand your point of veiw tho. Every guild has its ups and downs. I'd like to think WL will be around for a long time to come. I and many others love playing on T2A so we dont plan on going anywhere soon. As for the 100 active members? I'm really not sure thats possible of any guild at this point but good call.........i would sure love that to be the case.

Joe strummer

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

Joe, don't get me wrong I'm not saying the WL's are whining and just so you know I have a great deal of respect for you cause you are a stand-up guy in-game. I'm just saying that I don't think any of the guilds survive add-ons IMO. C^V wants them and we all know as soon as they get them that there is the potential that the guild will up and disappear, DG has all but left the shard for another except they don't want to admit it, however, they have been seen on a certain shard...cough....cough...IPY, but you didn't hear that from me. So to say the WL's are going to be any different is something that is a point of debate. I think there needs to be a certain degree of community involvement for a guild to get anything special.