Being targetted and killed while hidden.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Sir Lagsalot

Being targetted and killed while hidden.

Post by Sir Lagsalot »

I was out farming. A red shows up. I quickly hide. He blasts me with a pair of EBs and I am dead.
Screen shot of my journal.
Attachments
wtf2.jpg
wtf2.jpg (104.28 KiB) Viewed 4490 times

Populus

Re: Being targetted and killed while hidden.

Post by Populus »

He must be haxxing, zomg.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

im curious :P
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Were you present when this happened?

Did you auto defend against him or another creature which could have revealed you?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sir Lagsalot

Post by Sir Lagsalot »

Yes I was present.
And no, the only creatures that would have been aggressive towards me where a wyvern and a cyclops that were fighting each other (I provoked them).

I ran from the PK, then hid. He ran up to me and started casting EB. The journal even shows I hid, then he preped his spell.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sir Lagsalot wrote:Yes I was present.
And no, the only creatures that would have been aggressive towards me where a wyvern and a cyclops that were fighting each other (I provoked them).

I ran from the PK, then hid. He ran up to me and started casting EB. The journal even shows I hid, then he preped his spell.
You should not be able to "Attack" or Target a spell on someone that is not visible and in LOS to the player. If this is the case, easily testable, it's a bug.

It's possible that I'm missing something that makes this explainable, but in the meantime i will look into this, thanks for posting.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Would it be possible the EB was targeted before the damage delay was applied for the spell after hiding causing an auto defend?

Sir Lagsalot

Post by Sir Lagsalot »

Thank you for checking it out. I know my gold and crap is gone, thats no biggy, but if its a bug.......

I was assuming maybe a last target bug or target closest innocent in razor.

Thank you for your attention.

Sir Lagsalot

Post by Sir Lagsalot »

Faust wrote:Would it be possible the EB was targeted before the damage delay was applied for the spell after hiding causing an auto defend?
I dont think so because I was hidden before he even cast EB.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Would it be possible the EB was targeted before the damage delay was applied for the spell after hiding causing an auto defend?
more than likely, you can see he started off with harm, got the spell off (pinky is attacking you) then he hides..

most likely auto-defend revealed him and he doesn't know it

edit:// looking over it again it appears he may of already had an explosion up when he came in, which would have caused another auto-defend
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Sir Lagsalot

Post by Sir Lagsalot »

Sandro wrote:
more than likely, you can see he started off with harm, got the spell off (pinky is attacking you) then he hides..

most likely auto-defend revealed him and he doesn't know it

edit:// looking over it again it appears he may of already had an explosion up when he came in, which would have caused another auto-defend
No sir. He didnt attack me until it says in the journal "Pinky is attacking Me."
And where did you get the explosion idea from? Explosion is not even in the logs.
If he precast explosion, he would not have been able to cast harm, which he did not hit me with.
Also, I hid, then Pinky prepped EB. Then it says he is attacking me.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

No it doesn't.

He could have (and seems logical in this situation) already precasted an explosion before even encountering you. As soon as he came on screen, immediately dropped explosion (there would be no "Pinky is attacking you" until the explosion hits, 3 seconds later) and then casted harm.

As you can see by the journal you linked, that you were already hidden by the time "Pinky is attacking you", which means he definitely targeted you with something, and explosion fits right into this theory of how he could of revealed you after being hidden, because the explosion would cause you to auto-defend, thus revealing you when you wrestled him.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Sir Lagsalittle

Post by Sir Lagsalittle »

Pinky did not cast explosion.

How do I know? 2 reasons:

#1 The journal clearly shows him casting Harm... No attacking you message. Instead, there is a "you have hidden" message. Then he starts casting EB. THEN it says he is attacking you.

#2 Pinky had JUST cast his precast explode on ME. I, however, escaped and Lagsalot ran off and hid.

So there you have it. I was a witness to the casting whilst invis.

And with regard to the assertion that Lagsalot inadvertantly auto-swung, you have to understand that this is a dude who has been playing UO since most of you were in grade shool (no offense meant, we are just both old and started right after it's original release). He knows how to hide from a PKer.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

So you got two old school vets who have been playing since I was in grade school, and can't figure out how you got revealed by 1 pk?

I'll stop before I turn this into trash talk.

I'll stick with my explosion precast theory.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

he would have cast explosion offscreen and targetted it on you as soon as he came on screen, followed by a harm. casting an ebolt after seeing you hide only makes sense. he knew the explosion would cause you to auto defend which is why he ran right upto you. also, unless you died to two energy bolts, he must have hit you with something else.

between the two explanations of a) the precast exlosion caused you to autodefend and b) he was casting spells on you while hidden, the first makes alot more sense.