guards, but not just "guard"

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
jammaplaya

guards, but not just "guard"

Post by jammaplaya »

to be forward my main onjection is that it simply isn't era accurate. at all. but for another reason in which tamers may accidentally guard whack their friends, as "guard" is a pet command as well. I would think the main reason (since im from sonoma) that this was changed so guard would work too is because not everyone that plays uo speaks english, and they would always have trouble with the pluralisation. (if pluralisation is a word lol) anyways... if this could be corrected that would be dope, but really, i dont have a clue how to program so if its hard then thats lame. much love from a cat

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: guards, but not just "guard"

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Stratics seems to only specify "Guards" and not "Guard". I'm not sure if "Guard" works here or not, but if so, that may be incorrect.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Verified in demo: (player.m)

Code: Select all

ONEVENT( speech , "*guards*" )(object speaker, string arg)
Thanks.

The client localizations keywords file defines
"keyword" 0x0007 as either *guard* or *guards* which is what we were using, allowing alternative languages for the word "guard". I guess we just need to fix this to make an actual comparison to the word itself, as keyword localization was added at a later time anyway i believe. It would be nice to date that though.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

jammaplaya

Post by jammaplaya »

you are muchly very welcome ^^

jammaplaya

Post by jammaplaya »

necrobump

this never got fixed yet, so why do i have to deal with my bankbox closing when i open my paperdoll??

this probably got forgotten about