Yew bank (top side)

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Loathed

Yew bank (top side)

Post by Loathed »

Will the area above the bank be removed from guard zones anytime soon? I do recall Kaivan (sorry i'm horrible with names) and I both speaking about how it was a hot duel spot back in the day (our era of accuracy)
I know he was saying the problem with guardlines on this server is the fact that they have no Z variable to them. and thus the guard lines must be manipulated manually or sumfin, in otherwords a big pain in the ass, anyhow-
I was just hoping that this could be changed, would be nice to see some dueling going on up there, or even reds and what not banking there as well, as it was this way during t2a.

BTW- incase the title didn't give away what location i'm speaking of, it's the YEW bank rooftop.

=)

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Yew bank (top side)

Post by BenBrawl »

i went there the other day on my red and banked. no npc called guards but neither did a player. but i was able to bank and leave safely.
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Seems a portion of it is working.

[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We can set height limits on guard zones, as we have in britain for basements. We can look at this, maybe a comparison to current UO would be a good guideline?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I honestly don't remember the roof there being non-guarded in-era, but I also never went up there. Brit basement and some other spots (the tile under magicinia) was unguarded though. I question this one particular spot because it would seem only logical for OSI to define their guard zones in terms of coordinate points [x(1,10), y(9,20), z(-5,25)] etc. That being said, RunUO uses somewhat of the same type of system to define the region. Just behind the bank there is a whole two story area that was certainly guarded, and I find it hard to believe that they would define a second special region for the little outlying part of the bank just to keep the roof unguarded.

Suppose sea level is at 0z, the bank roof was at 11z, the second floor of the interior building was 10z, and your character was about 5z tall. Perhaps then, while inside the two story section the 1z at your feet of guarded region would be sufficient to put you into guard zone. Then going outside onto the roof itself, you were 1z above the guarded region. In that case you could define the area as a cubic region and still have the region act this way. It would depend completely on |Δz| ≥ 0 from the inside/outside height.

I don't believe they ever intended places like brit basement or the roofs of some areas to be unguarded. It was just happenchance that their way of defining the region did not fully cover these areas.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

As this is a bug (suggestion?) that is based on my word, I should weigh in. My recollection of the era is that both the upper and lower portions of the yew bank roof were partially unguarded. If you go to the area and take a look at UO positioning through Razor, we can see two different square areas. From my recollection, the larger square area in the center featured a higher Z-axis which allowed for the second story to be guarded while leaving the roof unguarded. The second area, which encompasses most of the lower roof featured a lower z axis that allowed any portion of the lower roof covered by that guard zone box to be unguarded.

Of course, this is all entirely hearsay at this point and should be tested to see if this is indeed the case on OSI servers at the moment.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Kaivan wrote:As this is a bug (suggestion?) that is based on my word, I should weigh in. My recollection of the era is that both the upper and lower portions of the yew bank roof were partially unguarded. If you go to the area and take a look at UO positioning through Razor, we can see two different square areas. From my recollection, the larger square area in the center featured a higher Z-axis which allowed for the second story to be guarded while leaving the roof unguarded. The second area, which encompasses most of the lower roof featured a lower z axis that allowed any portion of the lower roof covered by that guard zone box to be unguarded.

Of course, this is all entirely hearsay at this point and should be tested to see if this is indeed the case on OSI servers at the moment.

my turn to rechime in. sorry and hope our talks don't have to stop cuz i posted ur words slur'd by my drunken state. I didn't mean to put you on the spot broseph >_<

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Loathed wrote:
Kaivan wrote:As this is a bug (suggestion?) that is based on my word, I should weigh in. My recollection of the era is that both the upper and lower portions of the yew bank roof were partially unguarded. If you go to the area and take a look at UO positioning through Razor, we can see two different square areas. From my recollection, the larger square area in the center featured a higher Z-axis which allowed for the second story to be guarded while leaving the roof unguarded. The second area, which encompasses most of the lower roof featured a lower z axis that allowed any portion of the lower roof covered by that guard zone box to be unguarded.

my turn to rechime in. sorry and hope our talks don't have to stop cuz i posted ur words slur'd by my drunken state. I didn't mean to put you on the spot broseph >_<
I don't mind the discussions at all, nor being put on the spot regarding issues of accuracy. Accuracy is my forte on UOSA.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org