Love the server rules

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kei Takahashi

Love the server rules

Post by Kei Takahashi »

Hey you've done a great job running a legacy UO server. I really appreciate that it is available and have been enjoying myself.

That being said, after I started, only weeks ago, the long term murder counts were implemented... =( I grew up playing 8 hour counts back in the day and enjoyed that very much. I would get PKd and PK occasionally. good times.

I suggest 8 hour murder counts

Derrick

Re: Love the server rules

Post by Derrick »

Personally, I was a big fan of our original murder system as well.

This was something that was put to the players to decide since both systems are accurate in era

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i also agree we should go back to the 8 hour only system. sure the 40 hour count reduces the number of "blue" PKs, but one of the best things about t2a era UO, is the idea that you can trust no one. blue or red, everyones a killer in this era. if i see any name come into range on my screen, rather its blue or red, im gonna approach with the same caution either way, and hope for a good fight. the 40 hour count i feel is only reducing the amount of PVP that goes on between blue vs blue players (as in not in a chaos/order guild).

i prefer chaos/order fights for the simple reason that i dont have to worry about statloss, but at the same time its nice to be able to attack random people in dungeons and stuff. with 40 hour counts, i really have to try to avoid going red, otherwise i cannot enter town to participate in guild wars. just kinda sux from that perspective.

Layt

Post by Layt »

I got PKed by blues 2 feet from vesper yesterday. Fuck em, imo ;)

alatar

Post by alatar »

Long term murders promotes pvp way greater than 8 hour counts do. There is no pvp when the pk you are chasing is in stat-loss knowing he won't fight a gank.

I've seen a dramatic increase in reds, both stat & non-stat loss, since the long terms were implemented. If you don't want to be red, simply don't murder.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Long term counts is a good addition in my opinion. I am glad that it was added. I wish perma red would also be added.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

I joined just prior to this change. I must say I was DEVISTATED that LT murders were being added to this shard. The only reason I did not like this change was because it allows murderer toons without statloss. HOWEVER, since this was changed, PVP HAS in FACT increased and order/chaos became more popular and for you carebears out there, no blue PKs (so to say).
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.