Dexxers Nerfed? Clarification Request

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Melryn Moonstone

Dexxers Nerfed? Clarification Request

Post by Melryn Moonstone »

Hail

Since the patch theres a noticeable damage reduction on warrior weapons. I've been told this is due to newly repaired weapons having their damage changed from 150% damage to 100%. Is this true? In effect all warriors damage has been reduced with this patch?

I understand the vast majority of veteran players play and pvp as mages, but wondering what everyone else thinks about the change. Personally i dont feel it was necessary and will lead to less diversity amongst players, especially in PVP.

In PVM the it seems most players are bards and mages, why reduce the effectiveness of warriors even more?
The same argument applies in PVP, as most pvp players are mages and warriors were just about able to compete with the best available magic weapons.

I understand the goal is era accuracy, but if things were ok before, im not sure this needed changing to the detriment of all warriors on the shard.

I did a brief test against an unarmoured player and my brand new gm halberd (with gm swords and gm anatomy) was doing 35hp hits and under with the rare occassional 45 hp hit. This low damage coupled with the large number of misses will make it very hard to kill anything that hasnt gone afk or crashed.

If possible some clarifications on what i have heard would be appreciated so we can better understand the damage changes and i will try to understand and adapt to it.

Melryn Moonstone - Dungeon Guards

Derrick

Re: Dexxers Nerfed? Clarification Request

Post by Derrick »

Some higher damage weapons were hitting for excess of 50hp's even without the anatomy bonus; while we felt the damages were high we had no underdstaning of why, as none of the forumulas we are using are made up, and not derived from expected damage output, but derived from concrete sources. Once it was understood that there was an implied change to the durability bonus from 125% to 100% for a new weapon, the damages fell back in line with expectations.
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correction to bonus
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Technically it should have gone from 125% to 100% for fully-repaired weapons. So you should notice a 20% reduction (25% is 1/5th of 125%).

I haven't tested, but if it truly went from 150% to 100%, you'd see a 33% reduction, and I think a lot more people would be complaining :-)

Btw, this probably boosts dexers, since now their "invulnerable" will be a fairly accurate description! The downside is, dexer vs. dexer fights will take much much longer.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Store bought halberds were doing 61 damage.

I think fixing that is more than enough to be satisfied.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Melryn Moonstone

Post by Melryn Moonstone »

So overall all fully repaired/brand new melee weps do 20% less damage than before the patch?
Melryn Moonstone - Dungeon Guards

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Melryn Moonstone wrote:So overall all fully repaired/brand new melee weps do 20% less damage than before the patch?
Yes
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I assure you this was all tank mage nerfing, the proponents of the _accurate and nessicary_ change were all raging about mage pvp and probably forgot dexers existed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Panthor the Hated wrote:I assure you this was all tank mage nerfing, the proponents of the _accurate and nessicary_ change were all raging about mage pvp and probably forgot dexers existed.
The motivations upon which an issue is brought to the attention of staff is not usualy ignored on that basis. Certainly this was initially raised because of reports of extreme damage output, after which we began to investigate how this could be. We found the error and corrected it. This is how most things get fixed. When you invoke the word "nerfing" many may read that as the targeting of a group of players via shard mechanics for the purpose of manipulating playestyle. This is of course not the case.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

My apologies, I was just using the same term as the OP. I of course believe this to be an entirely accurate and required change and personally didn't care one way or another. Hallys are still extremely powerful and I don't really think this impacts the effectiveness of dexers. Weapons are now significantly weaker, though, so I don't think nerf is a terribly inappropriate word as long was everyone understands that its an accurate change and weapons are only 'nerfed' in comparison to their previous state.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

this week's pvp league will be interesting
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

So what's this I hear about nerfing camping? Chainsoar will be devastated.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Melryn Moonstone wrote:Hail

Since the patch theres a noticeable damage reduction on warrior weapons. I've been told this is due to newly repaired weapons having their damage changed from 150% damage to 100%. Is this true? In effect all warriors damage has been reduced with this patch?

I understand the vast majority of veteran players play and pvp as mages, but wondering what everyone else thinks about the change. Personally i dont feel it was necessary and will lead to less diversity amongst players, especially in PVP.

In PVM the it seems most players are bards and mages, why reduce the effectiveness of warriors even more?
The same argument applies in PVP, as most pvp players are mages and warriors were just about able to compete with the best available magic weapons.

I understand the goal is era accuracy, but if things were ok before, im not sure this needed changing to the detriment of all warriors on the shard.

I did a brief test against an unarmoured player and my brand new gm halberd (with gm swords and gm anatomy) was doing 35hp hits and under with the rare occassional 45 hp hit. This low damage coupled with the large number of misses will make it very hard to kill anything that hasnt gone afk or crashed.

If possible some clarifications on what i have heard would be appreciated so we can better understand the damage changes and i will try to understand and adapt to it.

Just save yourself the trouble and go magery

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

I dunno bout everyone else, but I hate that warriors are basically pointless for pvp. I am a GM swordsman, Almost in tactics. Every time I get in a fight with a mage, even toe to toe, Im nearly dead while hes still at 90% health and Im now running. EVERY time. Granted my Anatomy and Resist aren't as high as I want them, but I would think maybe going toe to toe with a mage, using a new GM katana, that maybe I might cause at least 1 spell to fizzle. I attacked one guy. He started precasting. I hit him 2 times while he was casting without missing. His combo lands and takes me down half life. What?? No Disrupt? I hit him again. He doesn't move and casts again. I hit him 2 more times then miss and his spells land again. WTF?!? 2 combos and I'm nearly dead and running to heal. 5 hits and i cant even disrupt a spell and hes barely scathed. So I retreat. Now, Granted I may have disrupted one of his spells in his combos MAYBE. And I was using a new GM katana. But he still got enough spells off to nearly kill me in the time it took to swing 6 times and 5 of them hit...Also I know that disruption is damage based much like healing and I was using a katana. But this guy has no armor on at all. Surely I should have done enough damage to disrupt him, especially while hes standing toe to toe with me. Un-mage-like and he still got me running. Luckily he couldn't catch me. Fought with several mages only to get fucked up real fast like that without a disrupt. Now most dont just stand there and take hits like this guy did and I usually chalk it up to my misses. But this guy took hits without a care and it pissed me off.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Nerfed?

Hojo Bachinski is my Nox Dexer...

[03:00] <@SecondAge> The first tournament match starts in 12 seconds with 6 particpant(s). If you are entered, you will be pulled.
[03:01] <@SecondAge> Proto has defeated stratash.
[03:01] <@SecondAge> Hojo Bachinski has defeated BeatingU.
[03:02] <@SecondAge> Proto has defeated Stats girl.
[03:02] <@SecondAge> Hojo Bachinski has defeated Koflee.
[03:03] <@SecondAge> Hojo Bachinski has defeated Proto.
[03:03] <@SecondAge> The tournament is now over. The winner was: Hojo Bachinski
[03:03] <@SecondAge> Gates to the next event, Double Domination will open in a moment.
[03:04] <Lelouche> lol
[03:04] <Lelouche> over already

Yea it happened in 2 mins, and they were not afk, and no I'm not gonna stop gloating about it.

lol.

Edit: PS: Invest in Teleport Rings.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Beat Drax, then talk trash.

Also, they were talking about UO, not Trammel.