training Resist w/ White Wyrms?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Azural Kane

training Resist w/ White Wyrms?

Post by Azural Kane »

A few questions on training resist with white wyrms, which I've heard some about:

- How many do you need?
- How far away do you stand?
- Do you train on land or at sea with boats?
- How long can I expect it to take to gm with this method?

Thanks for any input

marmalade

Re: training Resist w/ White Wyrms?

Post by marmalade »

you can use as many as you like. the more you use, the faster the gains will be, but also the more healers you will need.

doing it at sea means you have more control over the wyrms. they'd be less likely to run all over the place. you have the wyrms outside of guardzone and the person gaining just inside guardzone so he takes 1 point of dmg per spell. you'll still probably need two healers.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

1 healer should work fine, as long as you don't get poisoned 3-4 times in a row
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

depends how many wyrms you're using. if you want it to go FAST, 50+ is good, in which case you'll need at least 2 healers.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I would personally like to see 50+ wyrms on a single boat for resist gains.

Has anyone actually bothered to try this method before?

I know there is a nice spot in magincia where the guard line is right along the edge of town where you can boat them safely.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

yea its been done. one 'wave' of flamestrikes from 50+ wyrms does 40+ dmg even with the person being casted on in town, plus they poison every time. the gains are fast though.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Here's some "facts" from a recent setup

I went from 55 to 94 resist using 40 White Wyrms and 2 ships

1 Ship was in town and had my target + 1 bandage healer
1 Ship was out of town and had a turret of White Wyrms on top of the hatch, with my tamer behind them to prevent them from wandering - my tamer was set to heal my target every 20 seconds also.

Overall I'd say there was about 8hrs of time spent, I had it setup to nuke for 2 minutes, then back off for 45 seconds to allow for the wyrms to regen mana.

The "wall" really comes around 94ish with White Wyrms, I'm pretty much ready to call it quits on that character since 94 is plenty for most situations anyway
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I thought resist was based on damage now. Does it still gain even though you're taking 1 in town?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Malaikat wrote:I thought resist was based on damage now. Does it still gain even though you're taking 1 in town?
Yes
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

morganm

Post by morganm »

RoadKill wrote:
Malaikat wrote:I thought resist was based on damage now. Does it still gain even though you're taking 1 in town?
Yes
The caster (wyrms, player, whatever..) has to be outside the guardzone. Most ppl know this but I thought it was worth pointing out since the setup was being clarified here.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Wyrms seem to gain mana back extremely fast if they are in the stable. I performed this method with about 40 WWs and gains were rather fast from 90-93. When the wyrms went OOM and started casting little spells only, I would restable them for a minute and it seemed as if their mana was totally refreshed.

I would precast cure on the gainer and drop after the appropriate wave of spells to let the bandage kick in. Just make sure you are gaining exactly 10 tiles from the wyrms. Step back 1 tile when you are going to die, but so you are still in reach of the heal bot. The wyrms have to regain mana anyway, you are not losing too much time by doing this with just 1 healer.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “New Player Help”