Bandit Camp

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
andersej

Bandit Camp

Post by andersej »

Hey new to the server old time player ect ect. Anyway my suggestion is that the bandit camp above britain crossroads spawn rate is very slow. I killed a total of 3 "reds" there and after waiting for almost 15mins nothing popped up. Just wondering if the camp spawn rate should be that slow?
This message has been approved by a Tank

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bandit Camp

Post by Mens Rea »

Back in the day there was always 12 waiting inside the wooden fence to kill you.

Far too slow.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The same can be said for virtually any spawn that is not a hotspot. There are a few key areas where the spawn is up and people like to hunt (E.Gazers, L.L., Yew/Covet Lich, Blood Ele, Destard, Titan Valley etc), but for the most part, all of the average/lesser spawns are more or less just there for looks. Recall that, back in t2a you could not walk in the front door of Hythloth without being instantly trapped and killed by rats and orcs.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I've heard the justification for slower spawns in the past being due to a low server population, when was the last time these were reviewed? We haven't been at a 13 player peak for a while.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Panthor the Hated wrote:I've heard the justification for slower spawns in the past being due to a low server population, when was the last time these were reviewed? We haven't been at a 13 player peak for a while.
That may be so, however, if we are considering the low population as a means to control the economy, then why haven't houses per account been considered? I think the spawns should be accurate, and if people do not go to the dungeons etc, they will be overrun and impossible to get into without dying as they were in t2a.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

At this point, I'm not sure the dungeon spawns are too low. For example, Covetous now has giant rats, slimes, giant serpents, etc., and reminds me a lot of the old days in T2A. Maybe it was a little higher back then, but I feel like it's pretty accurate at this point. Hythloth, too, was pretty well packed when I tried to run through it a couple months ago. You still have no chance of battling through it (i.e., killing everything) with a warrior, and if you were on a 300 ping with 1% packet loss and no red potions on UOSA, you'd likely die from trying to explore it as well.

For all of these reasons I think it's accurate. I don't think economy is an issue in holding the spawn back... most of the excessive spawn back in the day I feel was the "nuisance" stuff like giant rats, slimes and giant serpents, and they wouldn't be a cash cow no matter how many there were. My hunch is that our lower spawn is entirely a function of (a) server memory capacity, and (b) not having certainty about what is accurate. Even screenshots are tough to "prove" the spawn of an area, since every screenshot from 1999 has a dozen players in it since they had well over 10x the population we have.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I'm not real familiar with most dungeons. I've been to them all but never really farmed anywhere but deceit. From my experience deceit is vastly under spawned on the lower levels. Hythloth seems to be the same cluster fudge I always remembered it to be though.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We've been planing an overall increase in spawns, as long ago the spawns were reduced someone based on server population, this definately needs going over. I agree that we should at this point have spawns as accurate as possible, and although they have been adjusted in some areas, such as covetous, the whole world needs a look.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."