Meditation Macro

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Abe227

Meditation Macro

Post by Abe227 »

what is a good way to bring your mana down if youve already gmed magery...but not meditation?
and also if anyone already has a med macro set up....would u like to share? :D

Lupos

Re: Meditation Macro

Post by Lupos »

Drink yourself into a stupour!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Get a bunch of nightshade and set a macro to cast poison at about 4 mana above the percent of the total mana you have that you would gain at ((100-skill)%). Just cast poison because it takes a single nightshade, and takes very close to 10 mana (well 9) which will keep you more or less +/- 5 mana in either direction from where you should be actively meditating.

I recently did this on a warrior with gm med, and it took less than a day from 30-GM and only 2000 nightshade or so.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Alcohol won't get you very high anymore.

Ashikata
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ashikata »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Alcohol won't get you very high anymore.
but it will get you very drunk.
[I-C] Infernal Covenant - The single most adored, envied and accomplished guild throughout the history of UO.

a&D

Post by a&D »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Get a bunch of nightshade and set a macro to cast poison at about 4 mana above the percent of the total mana you have that you would gain at ((100-skill)%). Just cast poison because it takes a single nightshade, and takes very close to 10 mana (well 9) which will keep you more or less +/- 5 mana in either direction from where you should be actively meditating.

I recently did this on a warrior with gm med, and it took less than a day from 30-GM and only 2000 nightshade or so.
I don't understand. There's an optimal point to start meditating? Can you explain?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Eventhough it is also about macroing magery, this post explains it.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

If you are going to Flamestrike yourself for resist I would just train med that way. It is the cheapest as it is free since you are using those regs for resist anyways...

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

This used to be easy and no effort at all to gain on OSI. Why does it seem so hard, requiring some type of science mixture now? Getting drunk, hat trick, and so on used to gain med with ease.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Zorce wrote:This used to be easy and no effort at all to gain on OSI. Why does it seem so hard, requiring some type of science mixture now? Getting drunk, hat trick, and so on used to gain med with ease.
Cause gaining med with alcohol is NEA. I don't agree med was very easy to gain in T2A. It was always my lowest skill on my tank mage except resist. It was easy to gain after UO:R when passive med came in. It still is easy to gain on UOSA since we have the luxury of putting if(mana) conditionals into our macros.

My meditation on UOSA always GMs before magery - even if I start with 50 mage/0 med. I don't think this is a difficult skill but I would reccommend anyone to start with 50 med as it is the most efficient way to build your character.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE