Change CUB (newbied), Ranger Armor

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Change CUB (newbied), Ranger Armor

Post by Ardos »

I suggest that CUB items such as hair dyes, beard restyles, hair restyles, and on another note, ranger armor all become unnewbied as soon as possible. These items were never newbified and to have them newbified here makes them completely riskless to trade or carry. No one would ever consider wearing or carrying this stuff outside of guards on OSI and the same should happen here. This is not a major issue, but I feel it should be tweaked. Especially the ranger armor. Newbied ranger armor?? Seriously?
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Change CUB (newbied), Ranger Armor

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Ranger Armor came from x-mas tickets and is blessed not newbied. I think the ship has sailed on this either way though. Do you really want a precedent where any item you have can be radically altered because someone complained?

And its not riskless trading. People get scammed on all the items you listed every day.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Ranger armor was never blessed or newbied on OSI. That is the whole reason Pheonix armor was so sought after because it was blessed. Ranger armor should not be able to be worn around at no expense. It is ridiculous. To not change the neon dyes, etc as well would be a mistake. This is not trammel. There are risks when trading rares. This is what vendors are for. There is really no argument in this.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

And only CUB Phoenix armor is blessed - check out the old posts on the topic of Phoenix armor. It intentionally was not blessed when obtained via silver. This not accurate, but its also not a mechanic. So it doesn't need to be.

You make one post and defend the value of your own rare items (dyed furniture) and make this post at the same time attacking the value of other peoples items. Do you not see how hypocritical this is?

Please tell me what massive benefit blessed, non-gm, non-repairable studded leather armor is.

In era we had item-bless deeds, no one wasted them on ranger armor for a reason.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Panthor the Hated wrote:And only CUB Phoenix armor is blessed - check out the old posts on the topic of Phoenix armor. It intentionally was not blessed when obtained via silver. This not accurate, but its also not a mechanic. So it doesn't need to be.

You make one post and defend the value of your own rare items (dyed furniture) and make this post at the same time attacking the value of other peoples items. Do you not see how hypocritical this is?

Please tell me what massive benefit blessed, non-gm, non-repairable studded leather armor is.

In era we had item-bless deeds, no one wasted them on ranger armor for a reason.
Are you retarded? I own dyed furnature... Making a furnature tub cost 200 silver with 20 charges would devalue items I own, and that is what I am requesting because it seems MORE LOGICAL that something era accurate is cheaper than something NOT era accurate IE SPecial Dye Tubs. I also own several neon hair and beard dyes and am FOR THEM BEING MADE lootable/stealable. Both my requests are for accuracy and or Logical reasons. Try to think critically before responding to my thread. Newbied Ranger armor is just ridiculous.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Ardos wrote:
Panthor the Hated wrote:And only CUB Phoenix armor is blessed - check out the old posts on the topic of Phoenix armor. It intentionally was not blessed when obtained via silver. This not accurate, but its also not a mechanic. So it doesn't need to be.

Are you retarded? I own dyed furnature... Making a furnature tub cost 200 silver with 20 charges would devalue items I own, and that is what I am requesting because it seems MORE LOGICAL that something era accurate is cheaper than something NOT era accurate IE SPecial Dye Tubs. I also own several neon hair and beard dyes and am FOR THEM BEING MADE lootable/stealable. Both my requests are for accuracy and or Logical reasons. Try to think critically before responding to my thread. Newbied Ranger armor is just ridiculous.
You know this isn't trash talk, right?

Take a breath, eat a sandwich, take a nap then come back and respond like an adult after reading my post.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Ardos wrote:

You know this isn't trash talk, right?

Take a breath, eat a sandwich, take a nap then come back and respond like an adult after reading my post.
When did I ever talk about Pheonix armor? This thread is about RANGER Armor. Your 2nd paragraph is obviously wrong as i stated above. So my posts are not hypocritical they are both about accuracy. The massive benefit to ranger armor is you do not risk losing a very valuable item (trammel style), welcome to T2A.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i demand all my phoenix armour become newbied! so I can wear it in the forest and when I am mining.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

BlackFoot wrote:i demand all my phoenix armour become newbied! so I can wear it in the forest and when I am mining.
In the interest of accuracy I am for this.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Take a 5 minute break woozy. You're so worked up you're not processing any information.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I dont like retroactively changing the properties of interesting items. I think they add more to the server than take away. Grandfather 4 life.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Take a 5 minute break woozy. You're so worked up you're not processing any information.
At work and its not very busy... Read both threads. Then read your post, maybe then you'll understand.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

How about we get this over with quickly and just confiscate all ranger armor and put it in Ardos' bank. Like, is this thread a joke or something? Who in their right mind would

a.) wear/carry these items around (personally never seen anyone doing this, except one of Cryo's alts, could have been a TG stealth archer I can't remember)
b.) trade these items without a broker, with brokering in most cases being *gasp* riskless trading

I fail to see how changing these items will make any difference, or lead to any of the items getting stolen unless by the noobest of noobs

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

BlackFoot wrote:I dont like retroactively changing the properties of interesting items. I think they add more to the server than take away. Grandfather 4 life.
I agree with you.
The production servers had so many screw up items and one of a kinds that each shard was incredibly different. I do not think there should be newbied/blessed items passed around, but I think retroactively changing the properties goes against the spirit of UO. Give it a year and those items will be in short supply from housing collapse and scams. Those items will be a unique rare to the server and another expensive item to keep gold from going stale. In my opinion some of the best rares are unintentional.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

these items are already over a year old (some are over 2 years old) and in short supply.

its a non issue, as woozy said he was bored at work