Viability of Crafting

Moderator: Support Moderators

Celebros

Viability of Crafting

Post by Celebros »

I am a former UO player who started in T2A and played for several years through Renaissance. I ultimately found the most enjoyment in playing a dedicated crafting character. I am wondering how useful a crafting-based character would be on this shard, in terms of actual player demand for items and/or profitability. I enjoy the whole process of working up to Grandmaster, but I would like to know there is a market for this work. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Viability of Crafting

Post by Mikel123 »

It's not nearly the most profitable profession, but if you're dedicated to it you will make some good money. Just be sure to keep yourself stocked, and get a vendor location that's very close to a landmark (so people can recall from a rune library). Everyone drools over the Yew Moongate locations, but I'd rather be a half-screen from the Sacrifice shrine than a full screen from the Yew moongate.

Celebros

Post by Celebros »

I'm not particularly concerned with profits, I was just wondering to what extent the players here actually buy and use various player-crafted goods. I know by the time I quit the OSI shards years ago, it was to the point that most players had no need for much of the player crafted items.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Ask Theograd. He's played a dedicated crafter for quite some time and has a great reputation in the shard. I am sure he can give you tons of tips on how to be a succesful crafter.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

emac
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by emac »

I ran a vendor for a while selling gm weapons and armor and the market was pretty good. Sold a lot of dex suits (especially shadow), hallys, heater shields, katanas, and kryss'. Had to restock every couple of days. I would even put some full plate sets on a vendor and they would be gone in 2 to 3 days.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Pirul wrote:Ask Theograd. He's played a dedicated crafter for quite some time and has a great reputation in the shard. I am sure he can give you tons of tips on how to be a succesful crafter.
Actually, he made a great guide and posted it somewhere here, too.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Theograd's "Thoughts from a Merchant":
viewtopic.php?p=184639#p184639
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Alexandria Rose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alexandria Rose »

GM Crafters on this shard can do well if you use all marketing and sales resources available, IE sell on forums, and Market yourself on IRC, and Location of Player Vendor is key.
Good luck

Return to “New Player Help”