Best First Character

Moderator: Support Moderators

Vile

Best First Character

Post by Vile »

I played T2A Alot when I was a kid (highschool) Now I am 26 and want to get back into it. I just loved this game. What is the best first character to create for gold to support additional characters... A Tamer, A Bard or your basic cookie cutter warrior?

Thanks for the help guys!

emac
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Best First Character

Post by emac »

Starting out your best bet would be a bard. It's pretty easy to macro up music and provocation within a day or two. Taming takes a lot longer to raise.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

A bard dexxer is a nice template you can drop wep skills once you have earned enough cash.

Vile

Post by Vile »

Alright that sounds great. Thanks for the help. Apoc did you play t2a back when osi had control? If so I may know you... If you played on Napa Valley...

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Bard mage, for sure.

Magery
Meditation
Wrestling
Resist
Eval
Music
Provocation

Resist can obviously be GMed last, or not at all if you're just using this character to get gold to give to alts.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I started a bard like everyone told me at my beginning but was frustrated when I had GM music/GM provo, no cash at all, and no magery or other support skills.

Apoc's suggestion of bard/dexer to start and slowly drop dexing for magery would have helped me get on my feet and work my way up into tougher spawns with cash to get functional magery.

I would do that for sure.
Catskills 97-99

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Eastwood wrote:I started a bard like everyone told me at my beginning but was frustrated when I had GM music/GM provo, no cash at all, and no magery or other support skills.

Apoc's suggestion of bard/dexer to start and slowly drop dexing for magery would have helped me get on my feet and work my way up into tougher spawns with cash to get functional magery.

I would do that for sure.
I don't know about all that. I started with 50 magery and have 80 hide, gm music, 70 provo and about 30k in the bank. Also about 30 wrestle, lol.

Total noob bard and I'm still making enough to fund other characters.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morganm

Post by morganm »

Eastwood wrote:I started a bard like everyone told me at my beginning but was frustrated when I had GM music/GM provo, no cash at all, and no magery or other support skills.
Even at 80 Provo, 100 Music, 55 Magery, and 50 Resist I made 30k in a weekend (after macroing all week) of casual gaming with my first character. That was a good start and I blew it all on regs. After a couple more days of macroing I was 100 Provo, 100 Music, 75 Magery, 75 Resist, 70 Meditate and was able make enough money to macro magery and resist over 90 as well as macro magery on another character from 50 to 75.

There's really no wrong answer; make whatever character you want. However if you just want a character to bankroll consumables for macroing up other characters; I say a Bard/Mage is a great way to start out. My bard is easily funding his own Magery/Resist, Magery on another character, and other consumables for any other character I'm working on (like Lockpicking and Healing).

Vile

Post by Vile »

Thanks for all the tips here what I decided to go with.

Magery -50.5
Eval Int - 75.0
Taming - 60.0
Animal Lore - 0.00
Vet - 0.00
Resist - 0.00
Meditation - 10.00

I decided to go ahead and do a tamer because even thou it does take the longest but once I can start taming me a few dragons from what i remember it is very cheap to tame and use them to mass kill mobs for fast cash and costs almost no regents and a dragon is a good way to defend myself from other players which should allow me to get enough gold to roll out a pvp mage build. It costs no ingame money to raise taming just a lot of time and macros... lol... As of today I am at 60 taming.... woooooo I am trying for 65-70 by the end of today i hope to get 5-10 points a day.. we will see....

thanks again for all the advice!

blister

Post by blister »

Trust me I'm a very casual player and taming way is the best. If you follow the taming guide from guides forum you'll be there in no time. After you'll have finished this tamer gold will never be an issue again.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I made a dexer, which took me about 5 hrs of attended play to GM wep skills, then I made 20k on my 2nd day in a few hours. I wouldn't pick a pure bard as my first character unless you want to spend a few days macroing - and not playing the game - before its anywhere near useful. If you can find a silver wep, a dexer can easily be raking in cash from liches in less than 8 hours from creation.

Sure though, you can throw barding into that template which will give you something easy/free/useful to macro overnight.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

nightshark wrote:I made a dexer, which took me about 5 hrs of attended play to GM wep skills, then I made 20k on my 2nd day in a few hours. I wouldn't pick a pure bard as my first character unless you want to spend a few days macroing - and not playing the game - before its anywhere near useful. If you can find a silver wep, a dexer can easily be raking in cash from liches in less than 8 hours from creation.

Sure though, you can throw barding into that template which will give you something easy/free/useful to macro overnight.
this. dexxer doesn't take very long at all to become a useful money maker. just need a cheap crappy silver weapon and liches die super fast.

morganm

Post by morganm »

I tried making a dexxer first. The problem for me was I had to spend those initial hours actually playing the game. After a few hours of fighting stuff I was only at 40 weapon/tactics/healing and getting rather bored with graveyard trash. That's great for those with the time and determination to do so but I wanted to log in and kill some real monsters.

Bard suited me better due to my busy schedule; I have way more time for unattended macroing than I do for attended game play. In just a few days of unattended macroing I was able to just log in and kill dragons, wyrms, and titans easily using provoke/magery.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

A Moonglow Healer :lol: (Just kidding this wouldn't be a starter temp)

Macing
Healing
Mage
Resist
Evaluating Intel
Wrestling
Meditation

But equipped right it would be funny seeing someone try to kill you. :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Best First Character ...

You have no money, no spells, no Recall runes, no house in which to macro, no armor or weapons, can not survive a PK attack, and no developed ability to change any of those limitations.

So, a crafter or crafter-warrior might be a good (and entirely safe) choice for your 1st character: 50/49/1 Bowyer/Lumberjack/whatever, or Tailor/Weapon/whatever.

The Bowyer can begin earning a steady, if modest, income immediately, while never needing to leave the Britain guard zone; the Tailor-Warrior can run around all Britannia shearing sheep for cloth right from the start, then make fancy shirts. The money that either makes can be used by any character to purchase basic skill, fill spellbooks, acquire Recall runes and/or armor and weapons. The second character can be a Bard-Mage, if a Bard-mage is desired, and can be macroing Bard skills while the first character works up enough cash to get the Bard fully prepared for a proper start.

Either starter character can also be an adventuring character: consider the template, called "Forester", here viewtopic.php?f=107&t=23281

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Return to “New Player Help”