Healing stuck

Moderator: Support Moderators

FaelynRose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Healing stuck

Post by FaelynRose »

I am new to this server but not new to the world of Ultima Online. I have just arrived in your fair land and my newly created swordswoman is having a very hard time raising her healing. I have used hundreds of bandages and yet have not seen a single tenth of a point.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there some way of raising healing that I am not aware of?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ingus

Re: Healing stuck

Post by Ingus »

FaelynRose wrote:I am new to this server but not new to the world of Ultima Online. I have just arrived in your fair land and my newly created swordswoman is having a very hard time raising her healing. I have used hundreds of bandages and yet have not seen a single tenth of a point.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there some way of raising healing that I am not aware of?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Welcome Faelyn! What is your skill at currently? I hit a ceiling about 68 in which my gains became veeery slow using bandages alone. Thankfully someone mentioned that healing poison increased gains and now I'm on my way back up. I've macroed one character to drink poison when cured, and the other to bandage. Maybe someone else has a more specific/better/faster method.
Ingus, Order of Blades, OoJ

FaelynRose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by FaelynRose »

Thank you, milord, for the reply. My skill is 46.7. I should still be gaining, especially when I am near death (which I am quite often these days) but I am slow to heal and none gaining regardless. I will try poisoning myself and see what happens. Look for my numerous piles of bones around the bank very soon :> Char name Shana Og

Ingus

Post by Ingus »

FaelynRose wrote:Thank you, milord, for the reply. My skill is 46.7. I should still be gaining, especially when I am near death (which I am quite often these days) but I am slow to heal and none gaining regardless. I will try poisoning myself and see what happens. Look for my numerous piles of bones around the bank very soon :> Char name Shana Og
Ohh, at that level you should still be able to gain, and won't be able to cure poison. What is your anatomy set at? I believe that a higher anatomy increases your chances of healing, and it needs to be 60 or so to cure poison with 60 healing. Anyone with more info on these matters can feel free to jump in anytime now :D

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Always GM anatomy if you are going to work healing. Drop it to where you want it later if you want.
You aren't going to put healing on every template so as you train combat/resist skills use your healers and there shouldn't be any reason why you can't at least hit 80 healing in which then you can ress a ghost.

I never messed with poison to GM Healing...ever.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ingus

Post by Ingus »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Always GM anatomy if you are going to work healing. Drop it to where you want it later if you want.
You aren't going to put healing on every template so as you train combat/resist skills use your healers and there shouldn't be any reason why you can't at least hit 80 healing in which then you can ress a ghost.

I never messed with poison to GM Healing...ever.
This is good to know, but if that's the case then I am definitely at a lull with my healer... I had my dexxer working on a paladin to gain fighting skills, and my healer healing both the dexxer and the paladin for healing skills. I started with 0 fighting skills, and 67 healing... Ended with GM fighting skills and still haven't broken 70 healing :P

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

are you healing every 5.5-6 seconds? The dexxer should be healing his opponent and your alt healer healing your dexxer.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

just want to mention anatomy has no effect on the success chance of healing damage, therefore it will not affect your ability to gain. the only time it will affect your chances of successfully healing are for curing poison or resurrecting.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Ever tried GMing Healing without anatomy? It's pointless.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I had a character on OSI with GM healing and 0 anatomy. It was a common template in the early stages of UO:R where you could not have both an inscribe/anat/heal mage. It's far from pointless.

Regardless my post was only to inform that contrary to what you said, GM anatomy has no effect on your healing gains.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Erm...
So you are saying ressing a ghost doesn't gain any faster then normal healing and that you can GM healing without anatomy just as quick?

You can have healing without anatomy...it's just a pain to raise without it from my experience. It's like raising magery without meditation or something.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

That is not what I am saying at all. I am talking about healing from regular gains (not cure/res). That is obviously what you are talking about since you have 0% chance to cure/res with less than 60/80 anatomy, giving you a 0% chance to succeed/gain.

It is impossible to GM healing without 80 anatomy on this shard (you can get to 97.5 or so), but the OP has 67 healing which still warrants gains by regular healing.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Okay, gotcha now...
For some reason I thought you were saying all the way to GM and I was like....
sounds painful if at all possible :lol:

FaelynRose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by FaelynRose »

Thank you so much for all the info. I had already bought anatomy up to 30. I did remember that I couldn't cure poison until I was 61 or somewhere around that (or is it 71?) But I figured it was worth a try to gain skill. I don't ever recall having a char who didn't gain healing when in combat at this low level...especially when a ettin is smashing my brains out. :) It is hard to be this young and unskilled but it is also great fun to build a char from scratch.

I look forward to being part of this special shard and meeting some of you as friend or foe when I finally venture into the dungeons.

Return to “New Player Help”