Blackfoot's pvp tournament.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Fede

Blackfoot's pvp tournament.

Post by Fede »

I didn't give much effort where to decide to put this post, so I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong section to post.

With that said, I just want to take the time to write down rules that I like to reference individuals to before we pvp while we participate in Mr. Blackfoot's event.

Against mages
First, before entering arena, both parties agrees to get snooped ahead of time while dragging his or her piece of clothing from their body. Then their spellbooks and/or other places something can be hidden. This is to prevent someone sneaking a magic hally during the fight.

Second, red pots only.

Third, no horses, and in ACE arena, or another arena in which both parties can agree that don't materially alter the dimensions of ACE arena.

Fourth, No precast heal. This, and this can be discussed prior to the match, includes, but not limited to, Holding a heal and running around waiting for explosion to land or any other spell at that, or casting heal equiping hally, swinging hally, unequiping and targeting that same greater heal that was casted.

Fifth, If any rule is broken, that is an immediate disqualification, and a victory for the unbreaching party.

Sixth, GM weapons only, unless both parties agree otherwise.

Seventh, No paralyze, invisability, or teleport is allowed during the match.

Rules in the original Blackfoot post that haven't been altered here will remain effective during the match, such as losing connection and not being a valid excuse for defeat if that is indeed the result.

Against Dexxers

I know dexxing is difficult to match up rules with, so dexxers who I face, we will have to discuss an come to an agreement a set of rules.

I decided to post these rules to make it easy for an individual to access and share similiar rules to match up with me, make it fun and easy to understand, and create a foundation to prevent my opposition from being confused.

I suggest others that are interested in Blackfoot's event to do the same thing.

Thank you very much!

Fede

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Blackfoot's pvp tournament.

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Too many rules, I won't agree to this.

gm only/red pots only

lets get it on

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Don't we have enough 1v1 no pot duels? Make this shit legit, 1v1 field no rules whoever wins, wins........
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Mirage wrote:Don't we have enough 1v1 no pot duels? Make this shit legit, 1v1 field no rules whoever wins, wins........
admission you cant duel and like to screen?

I think so.

Fede

Post by Fede »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Too many rules, I won't agree to this.

gm only/red pots only

lets get it on
Rules are there to create a sense of security that resemebles that of a non free use tournament.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I stand by my refusal of these rules. If you're afraid of para then bring pouches. If you think I'll precast heal until you run out of regs bring the max amount of regs you can hold. You seem to over estimate invis/tele in a duel. If some moron wants to use those spells let em.

Why even join this tourny if you want it to be exactly like the auto tournys?

Most of your rules are not in the non free use tournys anyways.

I can understand specifying what resources are permitted (pots, food, weapons), but limiting strategies simply shows you're scared that someone might out think you. If you're scared of that you have no business in a tourny.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

th beauty of the league format is you can chose any rules you want
the default rules are only for those who cant decide on their own like a sample set people can use
if you cant come to terms on the rules of the fight then you dont have to fight

These are the set of rules he wants to fight with, im sure he will find lots of dance partners.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

BlackFoot wrote:th beauty of the league format is you can chose any rules you want
the default rules are only for those who cant decide on their own like a sample set people can use
if you cant come to terms on the rules of the fight then you dont have to fight

These are the set of rules he wants to fight with, im sure he will find lots of dance partners.
I was a little unclear on this, what is the structure of who fights who? Nightshark is pestering me for a fight but I thought there would be some sort of schedule. Now it looks like a FFA and we all need to come to terms for the fights. Little disorganized and confusing.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Mirage wrote:Don't we have enough 1v1 no pot duels? Make this shit legit, 1v1 field no rules whoever wins, wins........
admission you cant duel and like to screen?

I think so.
Panthor the Hated wrote:Why even join this tourny if you want it to be exactly like the auto tournys?

Most of your rules are not in the non free use tournys anyways.
Proof you're a hypocrit?

I think so.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

So because I don't think the duels should have the same rules as auto tournys I must think all rules that differ from them are valid?

Fielding and dueling are distinctly separate. I am far better at fielding than I am at dueling, that has been the case since I started pvping for the first time over 10 years ago. I am aware that this tournament is about duels though, so I won't be demanding rules that specifically favor me or my play style. Seems I'm the only one willing to fight fair.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

If people refuse to duel you and agree to rules, will you get a point? (as long as the rules are reasonable)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

no, if a fight didnt take place there are no points awarded.
The format has worked very well in 3 previous leagues. I assume dno one would fight chad for the first two as it was a guaranteed loss almost, but every fought him anyway cause they still get a point for losing.

Last 2 seasons there were boxing matches, ev only matches, etc you can get creative :P

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Panthor the Hated wrote:So because I don't think the duels should have the same rules as auto tournys I must think all rules that differ from them are valid?

Fielding and dueling are distinctly separate. I am far better at fielding than I am at dueling, that has been the case since I started pvping for the first time over 10 years ago. I am aware that this tournament is about duels though, so I won't be demanding rules that specifically favor me or my play style. Seems I'm the only one willing to fight fair.
It's a PvP tournament, it doesn't say anything about dueling. Learn to read. Thanks in advance.

Fede

Post by Fede »

Clearly I am not afraid of getting out smarted. I stated the reason why I implemented rules already so I will save the time to not rediscuss them. If anything, I posted here with rules that, what Blackfoot stated, would attract a certain audience to agree with. And to be completely honest, their is nothing in my rules that really go far off the chart of which many individuals agree to go up against. I added the snooping rule to help prevent any cheating.

The other rule you addressed is my rule about casting teleport, invis, and paralyze. Well, again I just wanted to simulate the 1 on 1 tournaments that attracts a certain audience. Such as Sandro etc.

And if I am not mistaken Panthor, you stated something about precasting heal? Precasting heal has been frowned upon for quite some time.

And the beautiful thing about this player run event that Blackfoot has been so generous to create is you can say no if someone asks you to duel.

I designed a set of rules that I am must comfortable with, and I designed them with consideration of the people I want to duel against will feel comfortable with. I hope you don't feel upset you didn't make the cut.

Again, I want to state that I designed this thread to reference individuals who want to fight against me to size their comfortable rule criteria against mine. Also, not the primary purpose but something I was hoping would happen was to invite other individuals to fill in their comfortable rule criteria under this thread to quickly find match ups.

The rest of this post is addressed to Mr. Blackfoot.

I am not sure if you addressed what I am about to state in your primary thread, but I have a few questions if you don't mind addressing:)

How often are scores going to be updated? And is their going to be a board ranking individuals?

In the situation where a bunch of individuals refuse to duel even if it's not rule related, just talent related if you will. For example, If Sandro keeps getting a bunch of, "no I won't duel you!" How is Mr. Sandro suppose to accumulate points? Is he suppose to just keep fighting the same people who continue to say yes?

Which brings me to my next question, re-matches. How long must re-matches wait before they can be considered crediable? Meaning gathering points.

And my last question is, are your moderators crediable? The one problem I see is if someone keeps going against somebody with rematches back to back with a biased moderator, the points begin to accumulate rapidly. I know you probably addressed this problem and have a solution with it on hand being this is your 2nd or 3rd experience with this. I would just like to have an idea about how you would handle this.

Thank you Blackfoot:)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Fede wrote:
I am not sure if you addressed what I am about to state in your primary thread, but I have a few questions if you don't mind addressing:)

How often are scores going to be updated? And is their going to be a board ranking individuals?
Scores will be updated almost daily as I receive them from moderators. There is a scoreboard linked in the original post. It is a googledocs spreadsheet that can be viewed.
Fede wrote: In the situation where a bunch of individuals refuse to duel even if it's not rule related, just talent related if you will. For example, If Sandro keeps getting a bunch of, "no I won't duel you!" How is Mr. Sandro suppose to accumulate points? Is he suppose to just keep fighting the same people who continue to say yes?
Im not sure how we would deal with this. In the previous three seasons it has never happened. People always seem willing to fight even if they know they are going to lose because it gives them a point advantage over someone else who refused to fight said player.

If it actually is an issue we will work something out mid stream.
Fede wrote: Which brings me to my next question, re-matches. How long must re-matches wait before they can be considered crediable? Meaning gathering points.
The week resets every monday at server up.
At the onset of each week all matches are reset. So on sunday you duel player A. You can duel them again monday as the week has reset. But now must wait until monday again to have another league fight against them.

Every fight against each opponent is recorded so you will know who fought who, who won, on what day.
If you want an example of how it is posted you can look at the scoreboard for season 1 in the thread (linked in OP). This format helps participants keep track of who they have and have not fought.
Fede wrote: And my last question is, are your moderators crediable? The one problem I see is if someone keeps going against somebody with rematches back to back with a biased moderator, the points begin to accumulate rapidly. I know you probably addressed this problem and have a solution with it on hand being this is your 2nd or 3rd experience with this. I would just like to have an idea about how you would handle this.

Thank you Blackfoot:)
The moderators are as credible as you know them to be. They are volunteers. You can chose your own moderators, you can have more than one moderator at a match if you want. You can refuse to use certain moderators. If you see a moderator do anything biased or unfairly let me know. We have never had a problem with moderation.

If you are worried about a matchs results being posted properly PM me. The last seasons I would routinely get 3 pms for every fight (one from each participant and one from a moderator) and they all matched. When moderators werent available volunteers from irc or other participants in the league can do the job fairly easily.