Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Request To Finish The Roads Of Ascalon

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 78

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

Post by BenBrawl »

Edited,
Last edited by BenBrawl on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

liqui

Post by liqui »

After reading most of the posts here I find them somewhat compelling to read. But I haven't heard really any new arguments or arguments that really compel me to vote no.

The arguments I have heard here range from basically because of what your guild has done in the past so I am voting no. Well they have their right to live in the past but I look at the present and the future. It is interesting to see some of the people who post about past things of K^A yet their join date here on the forums is relatively recent, which can be an inaccurate piece of information to look at in seeing how long they have played the server. I know my join date is not that old so I do not post about things that happened before my time.

As I am the one who mainly reviews the applications by those who apply for our guild, the argument about letting just anybody in our guild dissolves very quickly. It is a hard thing to try and screen out people that aren't a right fit for our guild. Why do I say it is a hard thing, well because people sometimes lie about stuff. So I try and watch our guild members conduct when I am online and usually if anyone is doing things like scamming people I usually hear about it quite fast.

As for the argument about us just trying to pack as many players into our guild as we can and that's all we try and do just so we can say look at us we big. Well on a daily basis I do look at the guilds on myuosecondage and our numbers really seem to be not growing at a very fast pace. Also I go on the guilds section of the myuosecondage to see who in our guild is online although sometimes there is a discrepancy due to updates but that is how it is. Since I am one of the very few people who talk with those who are being recruited into our guild I do mention we have special features in K^A but that is not my main selling point at all. Because add-ons sure they are a neat thing but it is the quality of people that I point out to the new recruits. When I say quality, I mean that they are decent people to hang around with and are in general good people. This doesn't always mean they are the most experienced UO players either, many times they are newbies to UO but that doesn't matter to me because knowledge and understanding of how to play UO can always be learned.

Speaking of newbies this brings me to the next argument about filling the land with newbs and we just recruit a bunch of newbs to pack in some our player housing, etc, etc. Well, you already know my duties, so I am more than happy to be accepting of newbie players into our guild, whether they are new to the server or new the game in general, because everybody has to start somewhere. I have had players list on their application they are tired of playing alone and just want to find a decent group of people to have some fun with. I think this attitude would help the shard grow in general and I know there are guilds out there who have this attitude and it is good to see.

Just a quick note on the not being active argument. Well I play this game as a hobby and just try and have some fun. But when real life things come up UO takes a far back seat to anything in real life. So life happens and everyday guild members say you know I'm busy this weekend or week with family, gfs, bfs, jobs, and going to do real life activities. So we have had a few active members in the past year that said sorry we can't play anymore really due to family situation or job situation. And I am like hey that is real life do what you have to do, this is just a game, and it would be foolish of me to be upset or hold it against them for that.

The argument about us not being a true guild, and we have no theme, and we just want roads for no reason, etc. Well when I looked at this statement, it made me wonder where this person has gotten this information in the first place. There have been other statements made that about our rp and such. Well I am not the best rper but I do try at creating an rp style guild structure that is functional as well in terms of duties and experience levels. Sometimes I am not the best at creating rp events and at times when we have tried to do rp events, whether in guild or shard wide. But there are guild members who are working on creating rp events and scenarios but that takes time and sometimes time is hard to come by. So we are working at events and story lines. Actually we do need to become more active on our Secondage Guild Forum page because as was said before most of our activity is on our own website. So I am sorry that we don't constantly share with the entire shard our every idea and plan for our town but is it really everybody's business to know our every step? Because as for me I don't need to know all the other guilds intentions and purposes here.

Another quick note on the argument about the people not being active in our town. Well I have been through our town many times and it hasn't been active, as far as people training and such. Well I have been through many other towns of guilds that are active but there has been little activity there. But I do not take this as inactivity because well maybe I showed up at the wrong time, maybe they are all out hunting, or maybe they train else where. Some of our people do not need our training tower too much anymore because well they have places of their own to train which might not be in K^A.

To the other arguments listed sorry I missed yours but I have found that even though many say they are not haters the speech and reasoning in the arguments is hateful in itself. I have found also many other times reading other arguments against K^A here that it basically comes down to we hate you and there really isn't anything you can do to change it. People have basically admitted to that fact. So that is their right to not like us but it seems to be the basis for many arguments here and that doesn't seem to be very valid. Also for anyone out there talking about childishness and such well they need to be very careful with those accusations. Also please don't hijack the thread promoting another guild for town add-ons, you should just create your own poll and topic. Another thing I found interesting was someone accusing us of just being a forum guild, yet we are being criticized for not being active in our Secondage K^A Guild Forum. So maybe I am missing the point on that one but it happens.

Also about the idea our roads are just going to be given to us. Well we know we will have to work hard if the roads are going to be finished because of our conversations with the GMs of the entire shard. I think this was brought up before but I am sorry K^A hasn't been the servant of the shard here to put on entertainment for the masses. We did attend one of Rose's CTC's and I complimented Rose on the event and so did our other players, and Rose did an excellent job in creating that whole event to take the time to get the space and provide all the resources. So please do not do not criticize me for thanking Rose for extending to us a personal invite to CTC. I felt it would be better to also thank Rose in game when I play CTC then on the CTC forum posting, it seems more personal that way.

Even though I am the one who led K^A through the rough times after Damascus and his followers created their own guild. I found myself daily at that time trying to keep the morale of our guild members up. After the split we had a lot of inexperienced players who were interested in having some fun, and since we were under daily attack it was hard. Due to the inequality in experience but that is part of the game and we dealt with it as best we could. So we are trying to find out more of what we need to do to get our roads finished, maybe we will do an rp event with roads being the theme, or maybe will will just collect a crap ton of resources it that is what is required. So we will keep on having some fun, encouraging our member to have fun, meeting new people being, and thankful Derrick has created this shard for all of us to play. Else I guess we might all be stuck playing Hybrid or something. Sorry this is kind of long but that is how it is.

liqui

Post by liqui »

BenBrawl wrote:to me, K^A seems more as a forum guild, not a real uosa guild

Im my 2+ yrs on uosa, ive been in K^A the longest of any guild here, even when i left ive ment a handful of decent people in K^A. but the overall of the guild i dont find as i remember, and not up to par. Its ran by a shamble GM who is only out to make himself look better, not the guild.

Dont beleive me, talk to twoton once, VERY egotistic
I would be careful who you call egotistical because from your postings here so far you sound VERY egotistical yourself.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

haha, dont like my opinion?

Im sorry i dont agree with all the mindless K^A members that you deserve GM rewards. I honestly think all your add ons should be deleted. I see 0 difference between K^A and a newly formed guild other then member size. If i start a guild tonight with a few buddys, does that make me entitled to add ons?

Search K^A or Kingdom of Ascalon on the forums, 99% of them are from Dama. Ive seen almost nothing from K^A since twoton came back.

Im not saying K^A should throw events every day, or even every week. But id expect the largest guild on UOSA to have more of a impact on the server then you currently have. Even if it was a bad one. :twisted:

Long live WL, K^A can burn has it has for years!

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

BenBrawl wrote:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4261&view=previous

^^^ Is this the kind of guild that should get paved roads? After they tried to force it out of us once before?

this makes no sense why did you edit it....

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

BenBrawl wrote:haha, dont like my opinion?

Im sorry i dont agree with all the mindless K^A members that you deserve GM rewards. I honestly think all your add ons should be deleted. I see 0 difference between K^A and a newly formed guild other then member size. If i start a guild tonight with a few buddys, does that make me entitled to add ons?

Search K^A or Kingdom of Ascalon on the forums, 99% of them are from Dama. Ive seen almost nothing from K^A since twoton came back.

Im not saying K^A should throw events every day, or even every week. But id expect the largest guild on UOSA to have more of a impact on the server then you currently have. Even if it was a bad one. :twisted:

Long live WL, K^A can burn has it has for years!

You have no logic in this post mods please take him away.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

TwoTon wrote:
BenBrawl wrote:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4261&view=previous

^^^ Is this the kind of guild that should get paved roads? After they tried to force it out of us once before?

this makes no sense why did you edit it....

i love how K^A doesnt like 1 person voicing their opinion. Im sorry that i feel K^A isnt worthy of their add ons they have now, and dont beleive they should beable to get more.

Show me 1 think K^A has done for the whole community that makes you worthy of these roads. and i will instantly change my "no" vote to a "YES" :P The challenge has be proposed! :)

I agree $$$'s dock and tent should be deleted as last time i looked they were hardly being used. But in their hayday it was most fitting for them to be there. But $$$ also helped out with events that required no skills to join so even noobs could win, and free player housing. But this topic is on K^A not other guilds and their add ons
Last edited by BenBrawl on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

BenBrawl:

K^A ran 4 shard wide events last year some of which had significant rewards for 1st-5th place winners.

K^A members sponsor and help out with my non K^A events; 2 of which were last year and shard-wide. The last of which the winner won 20K+ gold. So just this alone is at least 6 events ran by or which K^A helped out with which were shard wide. K^A also does run internal events and quests, as well as public shard wide events which are not always advertised on the forums but are open to anyone who wishes to attend. Our most recent event was last week, and it was a Mage poker event and I remember some WL attending it - event entry was free and prizes were given out. I don't see why you have such hatred for K^A.

I can't speak for other non K^A event runners, but I know that K^A has a positive contribution to the server and is willing to help people out with events.

Yes, K^A members have real lives and we don't run events every week, but there is no question at all that we do contribute positively by running server wide events. In addition to that K^A regularly helps newbies and provides housing, gold, and items for them to get started on the server.

That's at least 5 major talking points as far as K^A's contributions to the server. What has WL done in 2010/2011 to have a positive contribution to the server? What did you do to deserve your recent town add on(s)? What gives you a right to put K^A down so much when you haven't actually done anything yourselves besides try put K^A down and PK newbies on your WL/NWO pks. This just makes it difficult for new people to start on the server; and really is detrimental to your guild as a whole. With the way you and some of your members behave I'm glad I was not part of K^A when you guys were in it. I feel bad for those people in WL who are actually sound and stand up players. Either way, many people have quit the server because of you guys, and most of your new recruits only join because they're tired or afraid of being PKd.

I'm proud to be in K^A, at least we don't fear monger people into joining our guild, and then punish people when they leave our guild like you guys do, and did recently. Our members are free to leave at any time without repercussion, and we have many open relationships with other guilds to interact with us and play/RP with us. For those of you who aren't aware of any of these things, and still have outdated and entrenched opinions from two years ago; it's time you stopped by Ascalon!
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

BenBrawl wrote:to me, K^A seems more as a forum guild, not a real uosa guild

Im my 2+ yrs on uosa, ive been in K^A the longest of any guild here, even when i left ive ment a handful of decent people in K^A. but the overall of the guild i dont find as i remember, and not up to par. Its ran by a shamble GM who is only out to make himself look better, not the guild.

Dont beleive me, talk to twoton once, VERY egotistic
winner
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

dren wrote:BenBrawl:

K^A ran 4 shard wide events last year some of which had significant rewards for 1st-5th place winners.

What gives you a right to put K^A down so much when you haven't actually done anything yourselves besides try put K^A down and PK newbies on your WL/NWO pks. This just makes it difficult for new people to start on the server; and really is detrimental to your guild as a whole. With the way you and some of your members behave I'm glad I was not part of K^A when you guys were in it. I feel bad for those people in WL who are actually sound and stand up players. Either way, many people have quit the server because of you guys, and most of your new recruits only join because they're tired or afraid of being PKd.

I'm proud to be in K^A, at least we don't fear monger people into joining our guild, and then punish people when they leave our guild like you guys do, and did recently

Did you count the event i help with last yr when i was still in K^A in the event count? :lol:

Have you ever ment me ingame? Ask 99% of the people that have, im realy a upstanding guy. I havnt pked or even pvped in over a year. I usually just bank sit now...Im kinda also glad you werent part of K^A when i was...

Do you know the story behind why we punished him for leaving WL? Not because he left, we dont care about that. It was that he and a few K^A members thought it would be a good idea to start a war again by ganking a highly respected member of WL. Does K^A realy want to start a full out war again? Dont you guys remember how that ended before, or is everyone to new to the guild to remember?

When you say our add ons, you talking about our bounty board? or you mean our sheep pen, stable, roads, tavern, heale....oops thats K^A. Because i remember you guys asking for all them to....

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

BenBrawl wrote:

What gives you a right to put K^A down so much when you haven't actually done anything yourselves besides try put K^A down and PK newbies on your WL/NWO pks. This just makes it difficult for new people to start on the server; and really is detrimental to your guild as a whole. With the way you and some of your members behave I'm glad I was not part of K^A when you guys were in it. I feel bad for those people in WL who are actually sound and stand up players. Either way, many people have quit the server because of you guys, and most of your new recruits only join because they're tired or afraid of being PKd.

I'm proud to be in K^A, at least we don't fear monger people into joining our guild, and then punish people when they leave our guild like you guys do, and did recently

Did you count the event i help with last yr when i was still in K^A in the event count? :lol:

Have you ever ment me ingame? Ask 99% of the people that have, im realy a upstanding guy. I havnt pked or even pvped in over a year. I usually just bank sit now...Im kinda also glad you werent part of K^A when i was...

Do you know the story behind why we punished him for leaving WL? Not because he left, we dont care about that. It was that he and a few K^A members thought it would be a good idea to start a war again by ganking a highly respected member of WL. Does K^A realy want to start a full out war again? Dont you guys remember how that ended before, or is everyone to new to the guild to remember?

When you say our add ons, you talking about our bounty board? or you mean our sheep pen, stable, roads, tavern, heale....oops thats K^A. Because i remember you guys asking for all them to....

sandro your funny kid ;)
quit trolling threads lol

and this isnt about the gm being Egotistic this is a thread about the requirements to add town add ons and do we meet them which we do so instead of ranting on and on about nonsense start giving us some valid points.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

i must say, for someone trying to get add ons, you sir are realy adding alot of input. Must realy want the roads paved huh?

Im sorry i dont feel you meet the requirements. maybe after more then 20% of your massive guild stays active ill change my mind

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

K^A members sponsor and help out with my non K^A events; 2 of which were last year and shard-wide. The last of which the winner won 20K+ gold. So just this alone is at least 6 events ran by or which K^A helped out with which were shard wide. K^A also does run internal events and quests, as well as public shard wide events which are not always advertised on the forums but are open to anyone who wishes to attend. Our most recent event was last week, and it was a Mage poker event and I remember some WL attending it - event entry was free and prizes were given out. I don't see why you have such hatred for K^A.

I can't speak for other non K^A event runners, but I know that K^A has a positive contribution to the server and is willing to help people out with events.

Yes, K^A members have real lives and we don't run events every week, but there is no question at all that we do contribute positively by running server wide events. In addition to that K^A regularly helps newbies and provides housing, gold, and items for them to get started on the server.

That's at least 5 major talking points as far as K^A's contributions to the server. What has WL done in 2010/2011 to have a positive contribution to the server? What did you do to deserve your recent town add on(s)? What gives you a right to put K^A down so much when you haven't actually done anything yourselves besides try put K^A down and PK newbies on your WL/NWO pks. This just makes it difficult for new people to start on the server; and really is detrimental to your guild as a whole. With the way you and some of your members behave I'm glad I was not part of K^A when you guys were in it. I feel bad for those people in WL who are actually sound and stand up players. Either way, many people have quit the server because of you guys, and most of your new recruits only join because they're tired or afraid of being PKd.

I'm proud to be in K^A, at least we don't fear monger people into joining our guild, and then punish people when they leave our guild like you guys do, and did recently. Our members are free to leave at any time without repercussion, and we have many open relationships with other guilds to interact with us and play/RP with us. For those of you who aren't aware of any of these things, and still have outdated and entrenched opinions from two years ago; it's time you stopped by Ascalon!

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

^^^

Invalid point is invalid

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

liqui wrote:After reading most of the posts here I find them somewhat compelling to read. But I haven't heard really any new arguments or arguments that really compel me to vote no.

The arguments I have heard here range from basically because of what your guild has done in the past so I am voting no. Well they have their right to live in the past but I look at the present and the future. It is interesting to see some of the people who post about past things of K^A yet their join date here on the forums is relatively recent, which can be an inaccurate piece of information to look at in seeing how long they have played the server. I know my join date is not that old so I do not post about things that happened before my time.

As I am the one who mainly reviews the applications by those who apply for our guild, the argument about letting just anybody in our guild dissolves very quickly. It is a hard thing to try and screen out people that aren't a right fit for our guild. Why do I say it is a hard thing, well because people sometimes lie about stuff. So I try and watch our guild members conduct when I am online and usually if anyone is doing things like scamming people I usually hear about it quite fast.

As for the argument about us just trying to pack as many players into our guild as we can and that's all we try and do just so we can say look at us we big. Well on a daily basis I do look at the guilds on myuosecondage and our numbers really seem to be not growing at a very fast pace. Also I go on the guilds section of the myuosecondage to see who in our guild is online although sometimes there is a discrepancy due to updates but that is how it is. Since I am one of the very few people who talk with those who are being recruited into our guild I do mention we have special features in K^A but that is not my main selling point at all. Because add-ons sure they are a neat thing but it is the quality of people that I point out to the new recruits. When I say quality, I mean that they are decent people to hang around with and are in general good people. This doesn't always mean they are the most experienced UO players either, many times they are newbies to UO but that doesn't matter to me because knowledge and understanding of how to play UO can always be learned.

Speaking of newbies this brings me to the next argument about filling the land with newbs and we just recruit a bunch of newbs to pack in some our player housing, etc, etc. Well, you already know my duties, so I am more than happy to be accepting of newbie players into our guild, whether they are new to the server or new the game in general, because everybody has to start somewhere. I have had players list on their application they are tired of playing alone and just want to find a decent group of people to have some fun with. I think this attitude would help the shard grow in general and I know there are guilds out there who have this attitude and it is good to see.

Just a quick note on the not being active argument. Well I play this game as a hobby and just try and have some fun. But when real life things come up UO takes a far back seat to anything in real life. So life happens and everyday guild members say you know I'm busy this weekend or week with family, gfs, bfs, jobs, and going to do real life activities. So we have had a few active members in the past year that said sorry we can't play anymore really due to family situation or job situation. And I am like hey that is real life do what you have to do, this is just a game, and it would be foolish of me to be upset or hold it against them for that.

The argument about us not being a true guild, and we have no theme, and we just want roads for no reason, etc. Well when I looked at this statement, it made me wonder where this person has gotten this information in the first place. There have been other statements made that about our rp and such. Well I am not the best rper but I do try at creating an rp style guild structure that is functional as well in terms of duties and experience levels. Sometimes I am not the best at creating rp events and at times when we have tried to do rp events, whether in guild or shard wide. But there are guild members who are working on creating rp events and scenarios but that takes time and sometimes time is hard to come by. So we are working at events and story lines. Actually we do need to become more active on our Secondage Guild Forum page because as was said before most of our activity is on our own website. So I am sorry that we don't constantly share with the entire shard our every idea and plan for our town but is it really everybody's business to know our every step? Because as for me I don't need to know all the other guilds intentions and purposes here.

Another quick note on the argument about the people not being active in our town. Well I have been through our town many times and it hasn't been active, as far as people training and such. Well I have been through many other towns of guilds that are active but there has been little activity there. But I do not take this as inactivity because well maybe I showed up at the wrong time, maybe they are all out hunting, or maybe they train else where. Some of our people do not need our training tower too much anymore because well they have places of their own to train which might not be in K^A.

To the other arguments listed sorry I missed yours but I have found that even though many say they are not haters the speech and reasoning in the arguments is hateful in itself. I have found also many other times reading other arguments against K^A here that it basically comes down to we hate you and there really isn't anything you can do to change it. People have basically admitted to that fact. So that is their right to not like us but it seems to be the basis for many arguments here and that doesn't seem to be very valid. Also for anyone out there talking about childishness and such well they need to be very careful with those accusations. Also please don't hijack the thread promoting another guild for town add-ons, you should just create your own poll and topic. Another thing I found interesting was someone accusing us of just being a forum guild, yet we are being criticized for not being active in our Secondage K^A Guild Forum. So maybe I am missing the point on that one but it happens.

Also about the idea our roads are just going to be given to us. Well we know we will have to work hard if the roads are going to be finished because of our conversations with the GMs of the entire shard. I think this was brought up before but I am sorry K^A hasn't been the servant of the shard here to put on entertainment for the masses. We did attend one of Rose's CTC's and I complimented Rose on the event and so did our other players, and Rose did an excellent job in creating that whole event to take the time to get the space and provide all the resources. So please do not do not criticize me for thanking Rose for extending to us a personal invite to CTC. I felt it would be better to also thank Rose in game when I play CTC then on the CTC forum posting, it seems more personal that way.

Even though I am the one who led K^A through the rough times after Damascus and his followers created their own guild. I found myself daily at that time trying to keep the morale of our guild members up. After the split we had a lot of inexperienced players who were interested in having some fun, and since we were under daily attack it was hard. Due to the inequality in experience but that is part of the game and we dealt with it as best we could. So we are trying to find out more of what we need to do to get our roads finished, maybe we will do an rp event with roads being the theme, or maybe will will just collect a crap ton of resources it that is what is required. So we will keep on having some fun, encouraging our member to have fun, meeting new people being, and thankful Derrick has created this shard for all of us to play. Else I guess we might all be stuck playing Hybrid or something. Sorry this is kind of long but that is how it is.