Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Request To Finish The Roads Of Ascalon

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 78

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

Post by BenBrawl »

Way to show your a true leader, not the egotistic childish one ive been saying :mrgreen:
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

considering how inhospitable K^A is to its few non guilded members and anyone stopping by I voted no. This is a reward for guilds who engage with the rest of the server and provide some sort of benefit, which is not done nearly enough now.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Panthor the Hated wrote:considering how inhospitable K^A is to its few non guilded members and anyone stopping by
How very true...lemme tell you a little story.

I just went to Ascalon, to see if maybe i was wrong about K^A, and Twoton.

-What should meet my eyes first? Alot of undecorated houses just standing empty (As if the place was a ghost town) and the ones that do have some decorating are very lacking in that department. I figured for a guild to want paved roads, their houses would be in order first?

-I then decided to check some of the local vendors in Ascalon, but what do i find? 80% of the vendors are empty.

-I figure maybe ill check out the castle, see what new decorations they have added since i was a member. But to my surprise its locked! Yes the guild castle of the O' mighty K^A is locked. I feel this should be public for the whole shard to see.

-But to as im standing on the steps to the castle, im suddenly banned by none other than map o matic himself! With no reason to ban me. I was on a Alt char that ive never taken out, he had no clue who i was. But instantly bans me with out saying a word? For just looking around Ascalon?

I must say i was hoping that maybe i was wrong all this time. That maybe K^A had changed. But as long as the leadership is the same the minions will continue to do the same as they always have.

BTW map o buddy, my alts that you so kindly banned for no reason was Dyastro

So i say, take a look at Ascalon, and ask yourself, is this guild that put so little time and effort into their town deserving of paved roads? The way i see it, the only good thing they have going for them is their rune library (which there are many other rune librarys to use, Vesper beach keep is a great one) Take that away and they are nothing.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

BenBrawl wrote:
Panthor the Hated wrote:considering how inhospitable K^A is to its few non guilded members and anyone stopping by
How very true...lemme tell you a little story.

I just went to Ascalon, to see if maybe i was wrong about K^A, and Twoton.

-What should meet my eyes first? Alot of undecorated houses just standing empty (As if the place was a ghost town) and the ones that do have some decorating are very lacking in that department. I figured for a guild to want paved roads, their houses would be in order first?

-I then decided to check some of the local vendors in Ascalon, but what do i find? 80% of the vendors are empty.

-I figure maybe ill check out the castle, see what new decorations they have added since i was a member. But to my surprise its locked! Yes the guild castle of the O' mighty K^A is locked. I feel this should be public for the whole shard to see.

-But to as im standing on the steps to the castle, im suddenly banned by none other than map o matic himself! With no reason to ban me. I was on a Alt char that ive never taken out, he had no clue who i was. But instantly bans me with out saying a word? For just looking around Ascalon?

I must say i was hoping that maybe i was wrong all this time. That maybe K^A had changed. But as long as the leadership is the same the minions will continue to do the same as they always have.

BTW map o buddy, my alts that you so kindly banned for no reason was Dyastro

So i say, take a look at Ascalon, and ask yourself, is this guild that put so little time and effort into their town deserving of paved roads? The way i see it, the only good thing they have going for them is their rune library (which there are many other rune librarys to use, Vesper beach keep is a great one) Take that away and they are nothing.

little effort? we have been placing houses and building the town for years. that alone is enough effort.

i banned you because you looked like a thief, we have been having annoying thief issues and you couldnt have come at a worse time. perhaps say something next time.

the castle is locked because we have a pvp guild and are always fighting look at Immortal Lords Shadowmire town their castle is locked.... so i ask this why are you posting nonsense in my thread still.....

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

i understand the thief thing, my question is how could i say anything when im instantly banned? and the only ka members i saw where afk macroing? i only say 1 a-v person and he couldlnt help. thinking im a thief when im standing right on ur steps? not even hiding?

instead of placing all of minoc, maybe try and make your town look like its being lived in? and restock ur vendors? maybe do something that makes it look like you have some pride in your town, and want people to come visit. i honestly was disappointed with the way it looked. empty houses? why not give them to guild members in need, but only if they deco them? and realy live in them? once again its all about looks. you even said it yourself. by owning most of north minoc it makes ka look better, but when you start lookin in the cracks 80% of thoses houses are empty and just taking up space. not a real noob friendly guild sorta thing.

about the castle being locked....when dama was gm it was never locked and we were constantly being attacked by multiple guilds daily. so that excuse doesnt fly.... :?

ill be checking in tomarrow to see your pointless rant that makes no real impact, as you jump over my questions....

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

TwoTon wrote:little effort? we have been placing houses and building the town for years. that alone is enough effort.
That is not effort. That is real estate. If the sole determinant of effort was placed upon real estated Kelektra would have the entire server as his own player run town. Your arguments are flimsy and weak at nearly every impasse you have with someone voting no. Your entire foundation for reason are based on tenets that have little or nothing to do with a viable reason to be rewarded addons. I'm not sure anyone has educated you in this matter, but unlike the popular belief amongst most of your guildmates "haters gonna hate" is in no way, shape, or form a viable argument or reason to award anyone anything. Your primary focus seems to change sporadically and centers on entirely selfish reasons. The was even an admission you don't exist for the betterment or contribution to the shard. Why would anyone vote yes who isn't already diametrically opposed to logic or in the guild?

Start your reign of bettering the shard and giving to the community by admitting your own shortcomings and pulling the poll down before you further entrench yourself in the muck and mire you've wallowed in here today.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

noxmonk: you're a known troll and your argument has no real core to it.

ben brawl: I didn't realize you were the interior decorating police. :P We don't go around policing our members telling them how to decorate their houses, sorry that's not our style! We all have real lives, and even if we were that controlling we just don't have the time to do that sort of thing.

Aside from that, you should know about the theives since they were WL stealth theives, and trying to steal from not just K^A, but the friendly guilds that stopped by to duel with us the other day.

If you want to be unbanned to take a look at the castle I'm sure it's not a problem. Why don't you just come on your normal character and wait in the courtyard or outside like most people do when the door is locked. IT looks suspicous when you stand on the steps. If you don't want to wait around for someone to let you in, you could also try to talk to a K^A member in town, there is usually at least one stopping in at Brit bank every few minutes all reasonable hours of the day and all night. You make it sound so horrible that you were banned, when you could have easily been killed. I stepped on another guilds steps yesterday and I got attacked by that guilds members. I see this happen to other people regularly as well.

As you should already know we do leave our castle unlocked most of the time, but after the incident with the WL theives yesterday, TG constantly attacking us earlier in the same day and gating peeps into our court yard, and mYm carpet bombing our castle to lag us out (which the staff is aware of) and trying to PK our members; YES, we have locked it. (btw mYm thank you for the free boat -- oops, and Rico for the large amount of free blue sandals we got from killing you after you tried to PK us)

I'm sure that in the future the castle will be open again for for anyone to look around, as long as people aren't harassing us in game. BTW, I have yet to see a WL castle open.

As far as the vendors go, Ben your are partially right but 80% of the vendors are not empty. We are already aware that some vendors need additional stock, or to be removed/replaced and we are dealing with that internally. Normally, K^A vendors are a well stocked high traffic area as I'm sure you're aware of since you're a former K^A member, and they will be again since there is a new person in charge of that now. We also have Britain Moongate vendors to stock, and Graveyard vendors to stock. K^A does the best it can to keep all the vendors stocked.

As you also may know, I have my own non K^A vendors to stock which I do regularly keep well stocked -- you can try there as well; it's right in Britain. I know other guild members also run their own personal vendors around Britannia as well. There are a lot of other vendors you can use while the K^A vendors are getting restocked and revamped. Ben Brawl, if you run a vendor you know it really is a large time investment to keep them stocked and I'm sure that the people in K^A continue to put a lot of time and money into keeping these vendors running for the server. Thanks for taking a look at our town today.

My only suggestion at this point is, as a patron of the K^A marketplace that you don't expect the vendors (which are completely unrelated to requirements to pave the remainder of our road) to be immediately restocked. The people who are stocking those will need some time, they have wives/significant others, kids, grandparents, and school, multiple jobs etc. and the small number hours they set aside for the day to play UO only gives them so much time -- stocking vendors isn't their only responsibility.
Last edited by dren on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Just to note for those people who aren't aware (from the "No" comments here it seems like that covers most of you), there are actually requirements for the town add ons listed on the forums:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439

Making a "No" argument that is diametrically opposed to the requirements for town add ons is kind of pointless...

Let me give you specific examples of "No" arguments which have no core at all, these people have been making arguments which actually support our request for town add ons. If you don't like K^A then just say that's why you voted no, but coming up with a completely irrational and illogical argument only supports our request for add ons.

1. K^A builds an active guild with as many quality players they can
Mikel123 wrote:K^A just tries to have the largest guild in terms of joined players.
2. K^A has all guild members place their house in a common area
Mikel123 wrote: If K^A were to get any guild add-on, I'd suggest it be slumlord tenements, since the thematic purpose for this guild is just packing as many people in one place as possible.
noxmonk wrote:That is not effort. That is real estate. If the sole determinant of effort was placed upon real estated Kelektra would have the entire server as his own player run town.
3. K^A promotes it's guild within the community with things such as events, quests, fight nights
BenBrawl wrote:Did you count the event i help with last yr when i was still in K^A in the event count? :lol:
4. K^A makes arguments in the forum for an add on; We ALL feel that have met the requirements and are deserving of paving a small area of road which already exists and is part of existing add on which many of you all use regularly
noxmonk wrote: Start your reign of bettering the shard and giving to the community by admitting your own shortcomings and pulling the poll down before you further entrench yourself in the muck and mire you've wallowed in here today.
You guys wonder why we think you are hateful with your in game actions, never mind the unsubstantiated arguments and comments like:
BenBrawl wrote:Long live WL, K^A can burn has it has for years!
Honestly, it's obvious that there are a handful of you that don't like us. Why? I don't think there is actually one really good reason there... stuff that happened 2 years ago with member base that is mostly in a completely different guild now and bashing us about mistakes that they made in the past is not only irrelevant but hypocritical. Even if you accepted the obvious evidence that we have met the requirements and changed your vote to "yes" I'd be surprised if you stopped for a moment and actually considered things with an open mind, and let go of your hatred and entrenched personal bias against K^A. I just hope that those of you who are trying to sabbotage our attempt to legitimately get an add on by following the rules and meeting all four requirements consider that you are in fact negatively impacting the server as a whole. There's no negative impact to you as far as our roads being paved, and the vast majority of people on UOSA aren't so entrenched in their hatred of K^A that they run to the forums and make 10 posts taking every opportunity they can to drag K^A down to their level.

It's really difficult to see any love with the kind of comments people have been making. I'm pretty disapointed with the attitudes and arguments I'm seeing here on this thread. I think I have only seen one reasonable "No" argument in total.
Last edited by dren on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

dren im still not sure about you...

as ive said before, i unstand 100% about thiefs, but i mean castles have how many lock downs and secures? lol atleast but some barrers up.

As for the WL castle? Im not sure what you even mean? The privately owned castles arnt open no, but your guild castle has been unlocked since the day we placed. Heck its even public

Im not trying to be a dick when i say about the decorating of the houses. But honestly, it looks like a huge pile of empty houses asking for add ons. It looks like noone lives there. And the main part of Ascalon, i dont beleive anyone does except a few houses.

Im sorry dren if you dont like my opinions, but i still think no, expecially after visiting Ascalon lastnight. Not because i was banned, but because of the shape it was in.

And once again, WL was stealthing K^A due to the betral of a member that left WL and joined K^A and then ganked of one of our senior members.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Hmmmmm, *scratches head* with the kind of attitudes that are prevalent in WL. It doesn't surprise me that your members are catching on and leaving! I know some of your other members have left recently as well!!!

Do all your members know that you pk their unguilded friends with your WL/NWO reds?

When members join do you tell them they'll be punished when they decide to leave the guild?

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

dren wrote:
1. K^A builds an active guild with as many quality players they can
Mikel123 wrote:K^A just tries to have the largest guild in terms of joined players.

While its true you guys are one of the largest guilds, how many of your members are ALTs, or even play anymore?

dren wrote: 2. K^A has all guild members place their house in a common area
noxmonk wrote:That is not effort. That is real estate. If the sole determinant of effort was placed upon real estated Kelektra would have the entire server as his own player run town.
True you guys own alot of houses. But how many of thoses houses are owned by the same people? even used? just taking up space? owners activily play?

i personly dont wonder why. I take 110% responsibility for my actions. WL play how we see fit to play.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

dren wrote:Hmmmmm, *scratches head* with the kind of attitudes that are prevalent in WL. It doesn't surprise me that your members are catching on and leaving! I know some of your other members have left recently as well!!!

Do all your members know that you pk their unguilded friends with your WL/NWO reds?

When members join do you tell them they'll be punished when they decide to leave the guild?

Do they know it is their unguilded friends?

And with this whole leaving guild thing. Once again ask Chaosflame how it went. Ganking a member of WL with a few K^A members, then joining K^A. Why would we not punish him? What would the mighty K^A do in a situation like this?

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

You can justify your hypocrisy however you want. A lot of these are loaded questions, and I'm not going to delve into a rhetorical argument on this thread.

Future posts should be on the topic of finishing the roads and related to the requirements therein, that's why this thread was created; and that's what we're trying to accomplish here. Thanks in advance.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Im 100% on point other then answering K^As off point questions.

Im sorry im strongly voicing my opinion. Once again. took a stroll threw Ascalon, this time on a WL char. Place is a ghost town

I dont expect you to have the answers to alot of the questions as your a K^A minion. I would however expect twoton to have a real thought process and answer questions, instead of just quoting whats already been said. I can see you and Landcaster are fighting for roads and i respect that, but your own gm? hes contributed almost nothing.

Its to early in the morning to be interweb forum argue. Ill be back in a few hrs when im at work

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Actually, I'm Royal Council the same as Landcaster and we don't have "Minions" in K^A like WL. Your questions were loaded, I'm not sure you really know what that means, you may need to look up the meaning. I can't answer questions about WL's knowledge of the people they PK -- If you're PKing your friends that's something you should be concerned about. I'm also not going to answer private questions about internal K^A matters that aren't related to the requirements for our roads; so please stay on topic.

As far as our guild master goes, this isn't a debate about whether you like TwoTon or not. This is about K^A, the guild, the group of people meeting the requirements for their roads to be done. As you should already know, K^A is quite large, just strolling past a few houses at 9AM EST won't get you very far. Ascalon encompases nearly everything all the way up to the north mines. There's plenty of houses all different sizes owned by many of our active members. I regularly do statistics on guild activity using my.uosecondage.com; and even when K^A at it's slow times it is still 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on the guild activity list for the server. Thanks to Derrick, and the rest of the staff for taking the time to read this thread.