COOKED FISH DISSAPEARS

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

COOKED FISH DISSAPEARS

Post by dren »

If you cook fish off the ground and I get a message saying it's too much to carry it disappears entirely.

This is a bit frustrating, to say the least. I just lost 6000 fish steaks. If i was cooking my pile of 60k I would have lost all that fish. I've had a fisher on EVERY single server I've ever played and I've never seen this happen except here.
Last edited by dren on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Populus

Re: COOKED FISH DISSAPEARS

Post by Populus »

Maybe it's era accurate.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Populus wrote:Maybe it's era accurate.
Not the era I played which was... dun dun dun. T2A.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

there was talk ore mined behaved that way, it would be assumable that other "resources" would as well.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Cooking is not a resource gathering skill.

Cooked fish never behaved this way.

All your fish burned would dissapear on failure pre-t2a circa 1997, but that isn't what this issue is about. As far as I know, fish really shouldn't behave that way at all during any time period. Every person I talked to who is a cook remembers the same thing I do. Has anyone ever played any server where successfully cooked fish dissapears?

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I tried this on test, and it looks like it was a fluke. Everythings working for me now the way it's always worked.

Thanks Derrick for your help on this.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

My pleasure.

The coded mechanic is that any fish which will not fit in your pack drop to the ground. I verified the code and was unable to replicate this problem in testing either. I suspect that either the whereabouts of the missing fish are known to someone, or that the fish may have dropped to your feet but the client never received the packet letting you know they were there.

If anyone else does notice anything related to this please post.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."