What will you do for gold? (A Month Long Event)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What will you do for gold? (A Month Long Event)

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I ran a Rabid Panthor event
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (73.06 KiB) Viewed 2787 times

Foefoucheaux

Post by Foefoucheaux »

I humbly submit this as my entry: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=26149

Thank you for your consideration.

Foe
BlackFoot wrote:I like Foefoucheaux's attitude/take on uo.
Panthor the Hated wrote:Also, Foe is right.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Foefoucheaux wrote:I humbly submit this as my entry: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=26149

Foe
Thanks.

I moved it to the proper forum for you!

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Image

Pristiq wins

moob!!

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Foefoucheaux wrote:I humbly submit this as my entry: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=26149

Foe
I get a "404 - File or directory not found" error when trying to view this.

Can someone please update the link?

TYVM
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I'd eat a klondike bar.

Also I'd write <3 Wise on my titty and send it to him.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

You have to do it in game nerd
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Blackfoot has pledged an as yet unknown piece of Trammel to the prize. He claims that it will be very "Trammelesque," whatever he decides on!

Silent Killer

Post by Silent Killer »

images moved to proper forum
Last edited by Silent Killer on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Silent Killer

Post by Silent Killer »

I'll throw in 10k to the pot
Image Image

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I will make you a parody animation. Maybe how you were once a drifter down on his luck with an addiction to lesser red pots running around the gutters of brit with only a pack horse named "You". IE (You R my Only Fren')
Where you keep trying to sneak a few extra pots from the beast's pack being you felt guilty about your addiction...and time again only pulling out empties.

Whatever...you can ellaborate the storyline if you like. This can be just a paid service too and we can negotiate.
Could make it funny like call it "The Adventures of Bucky or The Adventure of Matty and Bucky" Where your companion is Matron DeStripper who is like a Barbie and changes her outfit with Whatever she happens to be doing at the time Like Matron DeHomemaker for example when she takes you to her place after you steal ash from the packs of those who persecute her for scamming them out of lap dances lol

Okay that was more funny then anything...like I said you could get with me on what you want. It doesn't have to be part of this event because it will take some time at least.

Here is an example of an earlier animation I did. It once lip synched to Jesus of surburbia but it was copyrighted :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XDf6sOdFs
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

The entries are listed below. Alas, I must say I am disappointed. Some of them were nice. None were spectacular. The very idea of the event, I guess, was to test out how creative the shard might get if properly motivated. Perhaps gold is worth so little that a million gold is hardly motivation for much of the shard? More likely, I think the answer is one provided to me well before the contest ended: Almost everyone who is creative on this shard is a member of [cA].

Hence, I am rethinking how to approach this, and after talking to various people, I am going with the following idea: I will henceforth, as long as I play, hold a monthly [cA]-only contest. The goal of each month will vary, but at the end of the month I will declare one entrant the rejiggered chumbucket Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Applied Bardery.

I know I am sounding like a downer, but think of it this way: Now your local bard will have even more reason to practice the bardic arts on your gold and possessions. That means more real challenges for you to face rather the so-called AI of 1998 or the so-called AI of your local OMGLEETPVPer. Plus, you'll get the grim satisfaction of bearing witness to the havoc we wreak on others in the official [cA] public forum.

In the meantime, I will offer a token prize of 25,000 gold to all of the entrants for this contest. Contact me in IRC or the forums to claim your gold. Those who donated gold to the prize may also contact me so that I might return the gold they put up.

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5

Entry #6

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:lol:
I wanted to paint some colorful imagery in people's heads more then participate in this event. Really I been working and macroing and doing not much else.

Have to admit though...the animated chumbucket cartoon would be hillarious :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vilenarios »

Replace creativity with "griefing", because really thats what you mean. So you have proven the point of not everyone on the shard has a gold lust where they would think of outlandish things to do to screw other players over.

Although I am glad I made a cameo with my awesome vendor gold collecting skills. Playing while intoxicated? Check. Gating to vendor from west brit? Check. Not revealing or checking if anyone followed me? Check. Dropping gold on the ground? Check. Guard whacking myself in town as last ditch effort to receive said gold, and then not getting it? Check. Owned in many senses of the word by Irish.